Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Majors

I am planning on having the oldest daughter of my current family become a bot builder. I haven't played ITF in so long and it could be fun to spend time playing it. Anyways I am wondering what degree I should have her get from the University. I think maybe technology but carl's guide isn't being super helpful giving me information. Thanks!
I1VZWOJ.jpg
(Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    It doesn't matter. The majors from UL don't help self-employed careers, nor any of the ITF rabbit hole careers. So, it's really up to you since the major would be more for story. I think Technology or science would be a good choice. The NRaas Careers mod and its Academics module will assign a degree to benefit most of the self-employed careers, but bot building was never included.

I've had many sims master the bot building skill and for them, collecting nanites in the wasteland is always a part of that. Especially if you want the Uber nanite to craft a sentience chip (that one, and 5 others, can't be learned on the station, only from reverse engineering). What might be more useful than a degrees is to have the sim collect 10 different types of beetles, which is one of the collecting challenges. Once completed, sims won't ever fail to pick up an insect - nanites included. I don't remember whether the sim has to collect 10 different types of beetles in one world or whether it can be spread among different worlds.