Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrities do not act like celebs.

auginstineauginstine Posts: 68 Member
Get Famous was a good concept at first but like many other packs it has a major flaw. Does no one play tests these new packs with existing ones? This can’t possibly be how it was designed.

My sim is a scientist (which their outfits are broken as already mentioned on the forums) and his coworker is a celebrity. I can not even speak to her even though it is a task at work because of her being a celebrity. I’m not sure what level she is but she has the walk and shine—every day they go to work everyone stops to cheer and fawn over her.
What on earth is a celebrity doing working as a beginning level scientist? It’s not like you can even check to see why they are famous, but it’s definitely not for that.

This is also an issue in restaurants. A global celebrity NPC came in and people kept getting up to look at her. I was running the restaurant so it made it pretty impossible. She also started doing the dishes and never left until I closed the restaurant—she did sit at a table but got up and starting doing the dishes? No other sim has ever done that for me.

Celebrities don’t act like they’re famous. Just sims that’s go around showing up as workers and interrupting a lot of gameplay. This will most likely never be addressed but it’s sad when a main focus of the pack is negatively impacting the rest of your game.

Comments

• Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    I've noticed that also. I heard in another thread if you tag the building as something like "Up and coming"? celebs tend to not show up. Just don't tag it with "Celeb hot-spot" or you're guaranteed to get some.
  • Options
    SparklyBeccaSparklyBecca Posts: 106 Member
    I've noticed a few things like that. In one of my games I had my Sim fall for Dirk Dreamer, a really famous celeb. They got married but it wasn't exactly clear why Dirk was famous. He had no job and was unemployed. I then had to start doing some fame related tasks to keep his fame at the same level, although he had no real skills and hadn't been doing anything famous anyway.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    auginstine wrote: »
    Get Famous was a good concept at first but like many other packs it has a major flaw. Does no one play tests these new packs with existing ones? This can’t possibly be how it was designed.

My sim is a scientist (which their outfits are broken as already mentioned on the forums) and his coworker is a celebrity. I can not even speak to her even though it is a task at work because of her being a celebrity. I’m not sure what level she is but she has the walk and shine—every day they go to work everyone stops to cheer and fawn over her.
    What on earth is a celebrity doing working as a beginning level scientist? It’s not like you can even check to see why they are famous, but it’s definitely not for that.

This is also an issue in restaurants. A global celebrity NPC came in and people kept getting up to look at her. I was running the restaurant so it made it pretty impossible. She also started doing the dishes and never left until I closed the restaurant—she did sit at a table but got up and starting doing the dishes? No other sim has ever done that for me.

Celebrities don’t act like they’re famous. Just sims that’s go around showing up as workers and interrupting a lot of gameplay. This will most likely never be addressed but it’s sad when a main focus of the pack is negatively impacting the rest of your game.

The reason a celebrity is working (although it's promised they'd start at a higher level) is that they get offers to change their field. I just keep having my singer Sim turned them all down. He's happy being the musical legend he's fast becoming.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/