Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• Options
    Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 465 Member
    @familysims once you download the banner, it should be in your downloads folder (or wherever your downloads normally go) and from there you'd add it to your post like you would a screenshot.
    7YZVoCi.png
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    coming in under the wire ...

My offering for August's Short Story Challenge .. it is a SHORT SHORT story LOL

A Short Story: Emma
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    Qnshr5 wrote: »
    @familysims once you download the banner, it should be in your downloads folder (or wherever your downloads normally go) and from there you'd add it to your post like you would a screenshot.

I can’t do that now, but I’ll try it as soon as I can.
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
  • Options
    MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member
    Hope I make this month's deadline! Here is my last-minute entry for the August Simlit Short Story Challenge. Hope you enjoy!
    https://menabuchner.home.blog/2019/08/30/say-cheese/
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited August 2019
    Didn't think I would make the deadline. this one was so difficult for me with the 500 wordcount. Had to cut 188 words and try to make sure the story still made sense.

Here it is 'Lindsey's Rant'
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    @Charliimai Aw, such a sweet story! Really enjoyed it!
  • Options
    Hope I make this month's deadline! Here is my last-minute entry for the August Simlit Short Story Challenge. Hope you enjoy!
    https://menabuchner.home.blog/2019/08/30/say-cheese/

Soo glad you made it in ... <3 I agree that is a CONSTANT whinge in my house!

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Charliimai wrote: »
    Didn't think I would make the deadline. this one was so difficult for me with the 500 wordcount. Had to cut 188 words and try to make sure the story still made sense.

Here it is 'Lindsey's Rant'

OH MY GOSH Poor Lin .. I would whinge BIG time .. have my feelings hurt til the next one! Awesome story! AND the word cut did not even show!

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    @Skeilah Not sure why I can’t comment on your story but I really enjoyed reading about Leonard and his little Olivia. So sweet.
  • Options
    I’m all caught up on this month’s entries and they are so good! It was a tough assignment to use Whinge in the story ....
    Sorry, just had to have a little whinge about it, @lisabee2 😂 😉
  • Options
    LOL @MenaBuchner .. whinge away .. it is allowed ... but I will say challenges help us grow <3 Getting outside the comfort zone is a god thing <3 OF COURSE you being new do not have a stronghold CZ but many of us old-timers do .. we do not like get outside of our regular storyline or pattern. Makes us itchy LOL
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Skeilah Not sure why I can’t comment on your story but I really enjoyed reading about Leonard and his little Olivia. So sweet.

Yeah, I know, sorry bout that! I was stupid to add a normal page for this and not a page where I can add comments. Now I can’t change that anymore for this month unless I delete the whole page and make it all again. And I’m not up for that now :p but thank you very much! I’ll fix this problem for the next entry for sure.

I also really enjoyed your story. It’s a daily struggle for parents. I’m not allowed to use my phone at the table.

EDIT: Forget what I said. I just remade my story page so now you can actually leave a comment behind!
    Post edited by Skeilah on
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    LOL @MenaBuchner .. whinge away .. it is allowed ... but I will say challenges help us grow <3 Getting outside the comfort zone is a god thing <3 OF COURSE you being new do not have a stronghold CZ but many of us old-timers do .. we do not like get outside of our regular storyline or pattern. Makes us itchy LOL

Lol, that's true I guess. I'm still trying to find my writing style and voice. :)
  • Options
    Skeilah wrote: »

Yeah, I know, sorry bout that! I was stupid to add a normal page for this and not a page where I can add comments. Now I can’t change that anymore for this month unless I delete the whole page and make it all again. And I’m not up for that now :p but thank you very much! I’ll fix this problem for the next entry for sure.

I also really enjoyed your story. It’s a daily struggle for parents. I’m not allowed to use my phone at the table.

EDIT: Forget what I said. I just remade my story page so now you can actually leave a comment behind!

No worries! Thanks for replying :)
  • Options
    J2JJ2J Posts: 8 New Member
    Did we all cut it this close this time?! I feel a bit better now just closing up this month’s entry and coming in hot, looking forward to reading all the entries. Life’s been busy this month but it’s still a win knowing I made this on time, thanks for keeping it short this month, its been a fun literary exercise! -J2J

https: //fromjesstojess.wordpress.com/2019/08/31/monthlysimlitshortstorychallenge-puppy-training-august-19/
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    edited August 2019
    Man, I cut this close! LOL!

Here is my entry for this month.

Lenora-1-Medium.jpg?w=1280&ssl=1
    A Life to Love: The Taming of the Shrew

Post edited by sweetnightingale on
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    It is all good ... <3 I do not mind late entries at all <3 ... some fun to wrap up the month! we still have about 12 hours to closing
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    J2J wrote: »
    Did we all cut it this close this time?! I feel a bit better now just closing up this month’s entry and coming in hot, looking forward to reading all the entries. Life’s been busy this month but it’s still a win knowing I made this on time, thanks for keeping it short this month, its been a fun literary exercise! -J2J

https: //fromjesstojess.wordpress.com/2019/08/31/monthlysimlitshortstorychallenge-puppy-training-august-19/

Here is a hyperink Monthlysimlitshortstorychallenge: Puppy Training August 19
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Hi @lisabee2 . Thanks so much for organizing this. It’s such a cool idea. Just a quick request - can you please correct my story name in the post? It should be “Amersham” and “excerpt.” (It currently says “Amsterdam” and “escerpt.”)

I think maybe autocorrect kicked in when you were typing and changed it. Thanks. :)
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Hi @lisabee2 . Thanks so much for organizing this. It’s such a cool idea. Just a quick request - can you please correct my story name in the post? It should be “Amersham” and “excerpt.” (It currently says “Amsterdam” and “escerpt.”)

I think maybe autocorrect kicked in when you were typing and changed it. Thanks. :)

OH so sorry .. I would have gotten it when I did the blog .. I was rushing and did not proof myself
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    The blog is up .. Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge: September 2019 Theme & August 2019 Submissions w/ Vote

You might note I did something different .. I combined the two end of month blogs. I think that there was a problem with two back to back blogs from the same challenge ..it is easy to overlook a second one ... I will try this for a month or two and see if it helps
    Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Well, I have voted, and as always, it was so hard! I found myself waffling a lot because it took me quite a while to actually make up my mind. LOL! All the stories were wonderful, and the talent here always amazes me. Everyone did such a fabulous job!
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Working on a submission for the September contest, this sounds like fun!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    I have voted! Also, I think I have an idea for the September entry. :)
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!