Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will we get the Supernatural?

Before I begin, I trust that most of you are literate so if this doesn't appeal to you, I beg you bounce.
tenor.gif?itemid=4790590

It's been FIVE WHOOOLE years and we only have one well-made Occult State. (Ghosts and Aliens were a bit of a flop, let's be honest)
So why can't Fantasy players have their due in abundance? Does anyone else feel like the team may be working on several fleshed out Occult States presently, waiting for a moment to surprise us in 2019? If September bleeds into a dreadful October bereft of the witchery that Halloween welcomes, I think I will mourn.
tenor.gif?itemid=9420752

> When do you think they will finally shed light on The Supernatural and The Sims 4? They left all Fantasy Fans like
tenor.gif?itemid=5132563

When I think about the enchanted stories I could be creating with witches, fairies, mermaids, werewolves and genies I just force myself to hold back the tears. Hundreds, if not thousands of us miss ALL OCCULT STATES from The Supernatural. When will they awaken and take their place among The Sims 4 Releases? But anyway, thank you to all my devilish ghouls and mischievous witches for reading my forlorn discourse. Let's keep lighting those candles, stirring the cauldron and keep up with the human sacrifices in hopes we finally get what we deserve.
tenor.gif?itemid=13524340

Comments

• Options
    ElfEnchantressElfEnchantress Posts: 11 New Member
    I'd love it if they did supernatural the way they did vampires. With perks/powers and weaknesses
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I feel you!!

Currently running around StrangeVille so at the moment I am not suffering too much. However when the new-awesome-pack-buzz wears off I will go back to crying. I mean, we have to get something this year, right. I know they don’t post spoilers but darn it those statues in the vampire-pack of a werewolf, a fairy and a mysterious woman sure got me excited.

You got my sword.... as soon as I get back from StrangeVille!!
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I'm waiting for witches too.

I'm almost certain they are working on them at one stage or another, but there is a chance we may be waiting until next year. They probably didn't jump right into making witches after the poll last June, and it takes at least 10 months on average (I think that's what they said) to create a game pack.

So maybe this fall if we're lucky?
  • Options
    KathesaurKathesaur Posts: 58 Member
    I miss having more occults to play with as well...:(
    IF we get any this year (fingers crossed) I would bet money it would be an October/Halloween release.
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    I hope there is a big EP coming along that includes supernatural beings.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I have a feeling we will be heres what gave me that idea,
    theres a fortunetelling book in the new pack
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Let's hope soon enough! The wait is unbearable. I'm still hoping for improved aliens one day...
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I share your pain and longing. I love all things supernatural. Vampires are my favourite, but I've been waiting forever to start a werewolf rivalry and unlikely bromance with my vampire sim. Witches and fairies too are dearly missed. I'm staying optimistic we hear something soon. :)
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited March 2019
    At this point I feel like Witches are mostly confirmed this year, but as for the rest... frankly I don't see any hope for more occults other than mermaids with a tropical vacation EP.

The only way I can see more Occults beyond Witches and Mermaids is if they actually released a Supernatural EP focused on a few of them, all or most with Vampires tier depth. I don't think that is beyond an EP at all given they ARE meant to be bigger in scope than simple GPs.

Unfortunately even when it comes to Witches I feel like we're only getting them pretty late late this year since we just got a GP... and next EP is most likely going to be University.
  • Options
    BewitchingSashaBewitchingSasha Posts: 63 Member
    I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE! I swear, If they don't give us AT LEAST witches this year, I'm gonna freak out. And we need it soon, not in October or November or whatever. We have waited long enough. 😂
    After witches we need werewolves too, other occults... They can't keep ignoring us.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    SimsBro wrote: »
    At this point I feel like Witches are mostly confirmed this year, but as for the rest... frankly I don't see any hope for more occults other than mermaids with a tropical vacation EP.

The only way I can see more Occults beyond Witches and Mermaids is if they actually released a Supernatural EP focused on a few of them, all or most with Vampires tier depth. I don't think that is beyond an EP at all given they ARE meant to be bigger in scope than simple GPs.

Unfortunately even when it comes to Witches I feel like we're only getting them pretty late late this year since we just got a GP... and next EP is most likely going to be University.

*finger in ears* la la la, I can't hear you. :D I'm going to remain idealistically hopeful on this one, which is unlike me but for once I'm staying positive. Werewolves and fairies aren't officially ruled out, so the possibility is there right? I don't think anyone can predict what packs we'll get. I mean, how many of us expected Strangerville?
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE! I swear, If they don't give us AT LEAST witches this year, I'm gonna freak out. And we need it soon, not in October or November or whatever. We have waited long enough. 😂
    After witches we need werewolves too, other occults... They can't keep ignoring us.

Yes to werewolves! If they do make them they should have a lot of customization like with vampires so you can make different kinds
  • Options
    BewitchingSashaBewitchingSasha Posts: 63 Member
    edited March 2019
    CeCeDot wrote: »

Yes to werewolves! If they do make them they should have a lot of customization like with vampires so you can make different kinds

Yes! They have to be more than hairy ugly af sims.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'd like them to do witches in a separate gamepack, the same as vampires.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited March 2019
    Accidental double post!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    CeCeDot wrote: »

Yes! They have to be more than hairy ugly plum sims.

Bonus points if the Lunar cycle is implemented properly this time (No weird stuff being shoved into your face on full moon unless you want it to, introduction of Lunar Eclipses and Supermoons)

MORE BONUS POINTS for a power weaknesses tree. i mean every occult should have a powers/weaknesses tree but knowing EA i'm trying to lower my expectations for every occult other than Witches
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    I speculated several Times for Witches to be released this Fall.
    This speculation is based on the Assumption that last years twitter poll was to help them decide what occult pack to make and that making a Pack takes about a year, give or take.
    But as there are rumored layoffs in late 17 and budget cuts and such, it could even be later than that. The recent dead month's point in that direction.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @SinaMegapolis I don't see why ALL the occults should have the same Powers/weaknesses tree... It would easily get repetitivo and boring! I mean, genies/fairies/Witches would pretty much be está tio similar in power. I think some If the occults can be less, sometime less is more. The devs should have porduced on occults GP for each year of Sims 4... Now we are here, hungry and sad.
    Imagine...
    2014 Vampires GP
    2015 Witches GP
    2016 Werewolves GP
    2017 Fairies GP
    2018 Mermaids GP
    2019 PlantSims GP
    They could even had made that into a Halloween traditional pack. Then another GP on the beginning of each year focused on other stuff like Parenthood, Jungle Adventures, etc...
    Now i want all occults, even If they come in a EP. Would be cool If they added some If the occults + 3 playable stories like StrangerVille, each one revolving different occults. Like an Adventures to find a relic that will release a Genie to grant you 3 wishes, an Story were you help to end a feud between two Fairies families before the Tree of Fairy Life dies and a Story where your sim has to save a town from a Zombie Apocalypse.
    That would be really cool!
  • Options
    Karon wrote: »
    @SinaMegapolis I don't see why ALL the occults should have the same Powers/weaknesses tree... It would easily get repetitive and boring! I mean, genies/fairies/Witches would pretty much be too similar in power. I sometimes think If the occults can be less fleshed out, sometime less is more. The devs should have produced on occults GP for each year of Sims 4... Now we are here, hungry and sad.
    Imagine...
    2014 Vampires GP
    2015 Witches GP
    2016 Werewolves GP
    2017 Fairies GP
    2018 Mermaids GP
    2019 PlantSims GP
    They could even had made that into a Halloween traditional pack. Then another GP on the beginning of each year focused on other stuff like Parenthood, Jungle Adventures, etc...
    Now i want all occults, even If they come in a EP. Would be cool If they added some If the occults + 3 playable stories like StrangerVille, each one revolving different occults. Like an Adventures to find a relic that will release a Genie to grant you 3 wishes, an Story were you help to end a feud between two Fairies families before the Tree of Fairy Life dies and a Story where your sim has to save a town from a Zombie Apocalypse.
    That would be really cool!

Uh. ok. but for me AT LEAST Werewolves and Witches should have a powers/weaknesses tree
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited March 2019
    To be fair at this rate I'd rather have occults that aren't as in depth as TS4 vamps than not have them at all, especially for occults that are nowhere near as popular as others like mummies.

Can't really see a way for these not so popular occults to actually get in otherwise.
  • Options
    Well, I expect most Occults we're getting to be more like the Skeletons in Jungle Adventure or the Scarecrow in Seasons.
    Or like the Aliens in Get To Work.
    Mermaids: Either like Aliens or Plantsims or Ghosts. Probably a small part of a bigger Pack.
    Werewolves: Probably the same, if they aren't skipped entirely.
    Robots: Can be debated if they are occults, but they gotta do them eventually. Traditions and all. Although, they've broken with several Traditions in Sims 4... They're gonna be like Skeletons at best.
    Zombies: Skeletons if at all.
    Genies: Probably skipped altogether. We have a Wishing Well in a stuff pack that offers all the Gameplay a Genie could offer. Minus some restrictions. And you can already get really close to the Genie-Look in CAS.
    Fairies: Alien Treatment at best. But I'm willing to bet the Costume in Spooky Stuff and the sprites in Get Famous is all we're gonna get in that regard. Also, Apart from their looks, they never had anything I can't justify giving to Witches instead.
    Mummies: A costume perhaps. They don't make sense unless they do Jungle Adventure all over again, but this time in a desert. They made a Yeti costume for free. The closest we're gonna get to a Bigfoot occult state.

If Sims 4 continues until 2021 and in 22 Sims 5 launches, I can't see them doing more than 2 or 3 from the list above.
    Witches are a must, and they know that. And it's the only occult I can't imagine getting anything less attention than Vampires got. At least not in a way the Devs could get away with.
    But as much as I'd love them to, they won't be pumping one occult pack after another.
    Imagine the outrage from those realistic players that want their worlds as "real life" as possible, not even considering that there might be some stuff out there IRL, that they would curse at as unrealistic and fantasy and such, if the devs added it.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Accidental double post
    Post edited by Armilus616 on
  • Options
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    Well, I expect most Occults we're getting to be more like the Skeletons in Jungle Adventure or the Scarecrow in Seasons.
    Or like the Aliens in Get To Work.
    Werewolves: Probably the same, if they aren't skipped entirely.

I sure hope they don't skip werewolves.

I can't see how they can be added as a part of a bigger pack unless its a Supernatural EP. Sure they can be added in an University or in a Farming EP but mixing realistic and occult stuff is not that good of an idea especially when talking about fleshed out occults like werewolves. Since there's no toggle it would upset realistic players and since they are not the main point of the EP they will be less fleshed out and may not even get a powers/weaknesses tree. Upsetting occult fans. so basically doing this means that everyone lose.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I LOVE Occults, especially for storytelling, it makes the game more bad-🐸🐸🐸🐸 imo.
    TS4 needs this to amp it up a little, it's too watered down for my taste atm, althought in terms of playability at home lots and the stuff you can do at the home lots, it's one of the better, I want to add.
  • Options
    PandoopPandoop Posts: 702 Member
    I am a huge fan of Occults in TS4, I'm love what they did with vampires and wish they would add other Occults as well. For now we have Vampires and Strangerville