Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, or Parenthood?

These are the only three game packs I don't yet own. I kind of want to get one of them, but I'm not sure which one. What say you?

Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, or Parenthood? 136 votes

Strangerville
11%
HejixVibseelanorbretonCeres_MeirionawrenstalesFreygeabevilleelelunicyfullspiralSavvySimmieSiliCloneHermitgirlImSandsphunktasticjoe89DrakosKathesaur 16 votes
Jungle Adventure
21%
MylitaPlayerSinger2010Strangerthansimgirl1010DJQ1308cchant86g01denswanN0NoTToN0NPapayaSkySajahiNetzspannung3KNPenDoloresGreyadele_katLiELFColton147147musteniTomatplanteEmperorDittoAirakale 29 votes
Parenthood
66%
Smidgieroo3GoldmoldaricmnfrshJoBass24usDerellaKita5399IcewolfJasealexspoom13alan650111IceyJstoryyHowGreatThouArtInvisibleaesAlrynnIsb917Janlsimm621justChrisUkBeardedgeek 91 votes

Comments

• Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    Parenthood
    I have all 3 and I personally would pick parenthood if I could only get one of the 3(it brings a lot more into the family/parenting life for me)and I love the new buy/build mode items.
  • Options
    kathdelinekathdeline Posts: 38 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood. It’s something that lasts, JA and SV are like ”do it once or twice and never again”.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Strangerville
    They are all very different. Parenthood is great if you are family player, JA is a nice vacation spot and archeology is a great money maker, Strangerville is a world your sims can live in with a little story giving you options on it's atmosphere.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood is my favorite because I love playing families. If you feel like you want the parenting aspect of your game fleshed out, I’d definitely recommend Parenthood.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    All of them. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i would buy all 3 since they are all good
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    EmperorDittoEmperorDitto Posts: 128 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Missed clicked but say to get all three of them.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Parenthood
    Depends on what type of player you are. They are all very different and offer different play.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    If you're more of a family/generational player, parenthood is the obvious choice. If you prefer to play single Sims either one of the other two is good. Just look up the pack features and see which style you like best.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    I don't see the point in voting because Parenthood is gonna take this poll (it's a forum favourite). Without knowing how you like to play it's also hard to give a recommendation.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Parenthood
    I mean, it obviously depends on what kind of game you like to play, but I'd pick parenthood since I feel like it adds more to the everyday world. Having places to visit is cool, but to me is secondary to building onto the main game.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    The rotational/family player in me says Parenthood but the builder in me says Jungle Adventure.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Parenthood
    it depends on what your play style is. which pack is more aimed toward your play style? for me i love family the most so parenthood would be my choice. but i have to admit the new pack is pretty cool too and has a new world.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    Parki67Parki67 Posts: 32 Member
    Parenthood
    If you are after playing as a family player, Definitely parenthood. Adds a lot to the game in that context.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Parenthood
    It would be good to know how you play. Families? Then yes Parenthood. No doubt. If you never play families though? I don't know. I think I might go with Strangerville because you can actually live there, but Selvadorada is pretty and the archeologist career quite nice (plus you get some powers from the things you can find in the tombs) so it's a tough call :D
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Strangerville
    I voted for the one I'd want but you should get one to suit your playstyle.

Do you like family play and need more of it? Parenthood for sure. Do you often skip those stages and like to play with adults go to the next selections.

I just like scifi, dystopian, mindcontrol/zombie type of situation to live in more than a Jungle Adventure vacation.

So my vote would be Strangerville then JA then Parenthood because of my playstyle and likes.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Parenthood
    Depends on your gameplay style, but I would recommend the pack that will change your game significantly and gives children and teens more depth. Jungle adventure is a one time visit and done vacation pack. Strangerville is a one time visit and done linear storymode pack.
  • Options
    missvalerinamissvalerina Posts: 861 Member
    I typically prefer to focus on adult skills and aspirations, which is why I was hesitant about Parenthood. Typically my sims have two children per household at most. Jungle Adventure seemed appealing to me because of the vacation aspect (I loved World Adventures in TS3 and I've been wanting another vacation destination for my sims for a while) but I wasn't sure if it was fleshed out enough to be worth the price. I was hoping JA and Strangerville would offer more than just a one-off play experience and have other aspects that affect regular gameplay.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Depends on your gameplay style, but I would recommend the pack that will change your game significantly and gives children and teens more depth. Jungle adventure is a one time visit and done vacation pack. Strangerville is a one time visit and done linear storymode pack.

I disagree, JA might feel like that but it has more depth. A lot of new recipes, 1 and a half new skills, new dancing, new harvestables and collectables, and an amazing (trully, one of my favourite packs for this) Build/Buy mode. The discovery of the temple is also more varied and less linear than StrangerVille's storyline and there other areas to explore too. It is also a very very beautiful world to take your photographer or painter sim. There is as well the possibility of a new selfemployment career as an archaeologist. In my opinion the pack it's so worth it!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    I typically prefer to focus on adult skills and aspirations, which is why I was hesitant about Parenthood. Typically my sims have two children per household at most. Jungle Adventure seemed appealing to me because of the vacation aspect (I loved World Adventures in TS3 and I've been wanting another vacation destination for my sims for a while) but I wasn't sure if it was fleshed out enough to be worth the price. I was hoping JA and Strangerville would offer more than just a one-off play experience and have other aspects that affect regular gameplay.

I that case my vote goes for Jungle Adventure. It isn't perfect, but overall I think you would get more out of it than the other two packs. I have explored the jungle just once but I love Selvadorada as a vacation world. It's super beautiful and I plan to take more sims to the jungle as well. Like @AlbaWaterhouse mentioned it comes with quite a lot of things to skill up and collect. I haven't played Strangerville much yet, but since there's no skill and the aspiration is strictly tied to the story JA would seem like a better choice.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmmm...

What do feel would add more to your game if you take a look at the features of the pack. All the packs have offered me something of value :)
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Parenthood
    parenthood for sure! I have the others and I like playing big families, between 2and 4 kids. :)
  • Options
    missvalerinamissvalerina Posts: 861 Member

I disagree, JA might feel like that but it has more depth. A lot of new recipes, 1 and a half new skills, new dancing, new harvestables and collectables, and an amazing (trully, one of my favourite packs for this) Build/Buy mode. The discovery of the temple is also more varied and less linear than StrangerVille's storyline and there other areas to explore too. It is also a very very beautiful world to take your photographer or painter sim. There is as well the possibility of a new selfemployment career as an archaeologist. In my opinion the pack it's so worth it!

I probably should have been more specific up front in asking what the biggest/most immersive additions to the game were for each of the packs. This is what I was wondering about Jungle Adventure--I was afraid it wouldn't have much more than the temple exploration. Thank you, this is helpful! I almost always have a sim who maxes cooking skill, so new recipes would be great, and I tend to have lots of sims who paint as well.
  • Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    edited March 2019
    Parenthood
    Alright so I LOVE Strangerville. It is my favorite game pack so far, hands down.

But, if you play families at all, parenthood really is better when it comes to day to day play and adds more depth on that level.

Now, if you are a player of storylines and would move your sims into Strangerville and it would be something that really hits that sweet note for you, definitely still go Strangerville. But I would say that parenthood is a subtle expansion that expands regular gameplay, whereas Strangerville (depending on how you tackle it) either is a completely new element of gameplay for weird conspiracy simming or just a fun new world with some cool items and vibe with a couple hours of diversion with the storyline.

Also I love Jungle Adventures but unless you have a sim you’ve been chomping at the but to do an explorer thing with, I would go with the other two. Vacation worlds are cool but they don’t have as much flexibility as a whole new world and career or a whole new element of raising sims.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited March 2019
    They're all so different. Depends on you gameplay style.

If you play with families Parenthood is definitely the way to go. It definitely helped made families feel more rounded with the added gameplay. Tantrums and phases your younger sims offsprings go through as well as being able to give them time outs or ground them. Siblings fighting with one another or just starting fights with their parents. I love it. Probably my favorite build/buy mode stuff comes from this pack.

Jungle Adventures
    making for a good vacation spot to take your sims and if you're into adventuring as well. You sim can make out pretty good with artifacts with selling them. I really liked the build/buy for this one. Found it made a nice vacation spot even if my sim wasn't adventuring. Some new drinks and recipes along with some pretty nifty items I've used outside of the new world. Waterfall in a bottle is great for my homeless sim along with a grilled cheese ball. With seasons, a tropical storm there looks pretty amazing.

If you're into some weirdness and epidemic breaking out in a small town Strangerville I found good to play. Solving the mystery if you just focus on that alone and using the aspiration checklist would be about 2.5 hours at best though. I've been enjoying the new career and world. Also have a new trait as well. Felt like I spent the better part of two hours having my sim bug people and then blackmail them with making a living off of it. :p Or some mischeif in having your sim give other sims the bizarre fruit. The lore of the town is pretty interesting actually had to go back and look at some of hidden stuff mentioned by Simgurugrant.

The new fitness machine I really love as I been wanting some more variety in gyms in terms of equipment.
    5vJrxmT.png