Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we fine tune the eating/seating behavior, please?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AndyDanielAndyDaniel Posts: 67 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    I just don't like how they get up to hug each other when I make them talk during dinner, especially when it's a family with kids and all. I swear, this problem only started happening to me recently and I wish it would STOP.

There is a mod called No Standing Up to Greet by Yakfarm that works for this. Instead of the routine where they stand up, hide the food, hug, put the food down, then sit, the sims simply wave to each other while staying seated. It's great. Unfortunately, the new "salute" greeting in StrangerVille breaks it, so if you have any military sims they will often go through the whole routine and salute instead of hugging. I'm not sure how to let Yakfarm know that this needs to be updated.
    8IomapKl.png
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Musical chairs irritates me so much I make sure there are no other tables and chairs near the dining room
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Don't even say a thing. Sims eating outside when it's raining and they have an umbrella is the worst! They will sit up with the umbrella to eat, but because they can't eat with the umbrella they'll get up to close it and then forget that they are going to eat so the eating command disappears from the queue. Then the cycle starts again.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sims sometimes walk all the way upstairs and sit on beds to eat even though my house has two convenient dinning tables.
  • Options
    ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    I have an issue with cooking also where sims will not use counters in the kitchen but go to the bathroom which can be a floor away or across the lot. Normally I always get them to eat the same time with someone else but they will still stand up to hug each other and stand there eating. Atleast they don't waste tons of time looking for someone though.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Hope it will be fixed. Imagine players who will use TS4 Legacy with a buggy game and know that it won't be fixed, what a treat!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited March 2019
    This is really annoying! My sims usually
    - Don’t eat together at the dining table (or just for grand meals).
    - All cook at their own meals at any hours of the day or night which makes no sense and prevents them from eating together.
    - Cook their own meal even when another sim had already started cooking for the household.
    - Eat outside on the garden table (even when it’s freezing) and use the barbecue to cook instead of the kitchen stove (the most disgusting being they eat burgers and sausages all the time and don’t even get fat!).
    - Eat on the kitchen island counters rather than at the dinning table.
    - Eat on their kids beds rather than at the dining table.
    - Eat while standing up.....
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Speaking of weird places to eat: When I tell my sims to eat and then go to the toilet, more often than not they actually understand what I'm trying to say - eat first, poop later. But sometimes they feel so talented at multitasking that they just take their plate and... well... put stuff in and squeeze it out at the same time. Another thing that should be addressed if you ask me...
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    this is especially annoying when toddlers do it, they grab a serving and go all the way upstairs to eat in the bedroom because a cat is in there. By the time they are arrived, the social worker is ready to take them.
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Speaking of weird places to eat: When I tell my sims to eat and then go to the toilet, more often than not they actually understand what I'm trying to say - eat first, poop later. But sometimes they feel so talented at multitasking that they just take their plate and... well... put stuff in and squeeze it out at the same time. Another thing that should be addressed if you ask me...

I find this amusing as I know people in real life who do this. I feel like this should be tied to traits. Like snobs would never do that but gluttons or slobs would.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    this is especially annoying when toddlers do it, they grab a serving and go all the way upstairs to eat in the bedroom because a cat is in there. By the time they are arrived, the social worker is ready to take them.

This kind of stuff happens more than it used to and not just related to food. More and more I have to redirect my sims because they decide to walk through the whole house to perform an action. Actions I que up get deleted a lot. I'm not even sure if turning off autonomy makes a difference. I feel like autonomy and multitasking need fine tuning in general.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Musical chairs has been a major pain since the game launched. I would assume they are unable to fix it and the way it works now is the best they can do since they haven’t touched it in years.

Sims also rarely use the kitchen sink. They’ll walk all the way to the bathroom, which sometimes is on the second floor. Makes absolutely no sense, but again there hasn’t been any kind of progress on that so I assume they aren’t interested in fixing that either.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Sims constantly taking their food to other rooms while eating is a real pain in the proverbial. Taking food to sit on a bed annoys me intensely and I really wish they wouldn't do it.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    To be honest even do i love the sims4 i hate the fact that sims do not eat as a family at the table, plus sometime they start eating at the table then they switch to go eat in fron of the tv. Or in the bedroom
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I may be wrong but this has been an problem for quite an long time and I too find it annoying. I have situation that is not related to sitting but it shows how AI tweaking needs to be done I find it annoying my sim will be by the kitchen sink and go all the way around the house to find an bathroom to wash dishes and the Kitchen sink was right in front of her or him.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yes, Yes and Yes!!
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I've started playing with vampires all the time to avoid the eating issues. I still deal with them getting glasses of water and leaving them all over the house though, when they shouldn't even be drinking water.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Can't agree more.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited March 2019
    AndyDaniel wrote: »
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    I just don't like how they get up to hug each other when I make them talk during dinner, especially when it's a family with kids and all. I swear, this problem only started happening to me recently and I wish it would STOP.

There is a mod called No Standing Up to Greet by Yakfarm that works for this. Instead of the routine where they stand up, hide the food, hug, put the food down, then sit, the sims simply wave to each other while staying seated. It's great. Unfortunately, the new "salute" greeting in StrangerVille breaks it, so if you have any military sims they will often go through the whole routine and salute instead of hugging. I'm not sure how to let Yakfarm know that this needs to be updated.

@AndyDaniel: You can use this mod instead: http://modthesims.info/d/611113/sims-pre-greeting-kiss-hug-video-test-nuker-circumventor.html
    It nukes those permanent greetings completely and is compatible with Stranger Ville.

I have myself made an eatatdiningtable mod a while ago, if anyone wants to give it a try: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-rund-um-mahlzeiten/

There also is a fastercooking mod on the very same site. It works best with food that doesn't involve using the oven. I'm still working on making the baking process faster, also.

There's also a thirsttweak mod here that keeps Sims from constantly grabbing a drink:
    https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/

I also use the less musical chairs mod for obvious reasons.

I still fully agree that it is EA who should fix these issues.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    my sim just cook a family meal right now and she decided to eat sitting near the side entrance door of the family house
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    See I have sims make all the foods for the week, it's a lot of grinding, I store in the fridge, unless Sim have a FreshChef trait.
    I lay everything out on the table "Set the table" and place wine glasses.have sims grab servings, and then chose their drink of where i want them to sit. it's not bad when everything is in place.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    I really need something to fix this I can't stand that my sims eat everywhere else but not on the dining table not even putting the table with plates work. My sim prefer to eat sit on the piano than on the table. I just want all my sims to eat like family -.- its so frustrating. I also can't feed my toddlers on the high chair anymore because they were always picking the toddler and putting down then picking up and putting on the chair and doing like a cycle of nightmare. So I deleted the high chair and all the other chairs in my lot for my sims to eat in the table but still doesn't work they prefer to eat standing now. oh god I'm so frustrated.