Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about re-play-ability with Strangerville.

Does anyone know if I can do the Strangerville story line again with a different Sim from the same save ? I currently play one save with about a dozen or more Sims and I don't really use any other saves. I would love to do the story line again but with some of my other Sims in this save. Is this even possible?

Comments

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes you can play the story as many times as you like in the same save, although the story is always the same.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    BruceSF55BruceSF55 Posts: 135 Member
    Oh good. Thank you AlbaWaterhouse. Yes I know the story will be the same but it seems there are a few small details that can be accomplished in more than one way and I wanted to get more out of the story line than I did the first time. For instance, I totally forgot to "bug" any Sims. I never searched for clues in the Roswell basement and spent the whole time searching the lab instead.

I am just nearing the end of my first run through and am looking forward to making a brand new Sim who lives in the town. My current one lives in Oasis Springs.

Thanks again for the information :)
  • Options
    zubop81zubop81 Posts: 23 Member
    Yes it allows you to "reactive" the cause of the strangeness! Personally I don't know if I am going to do it again but it was fun and I love the new town and new career.
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited March 2019
    BruceSF55 wrote: »
    Oh good. Thank you AlbaWaterhouse. Yes I know the story will be the same but it seems there are a few small details that can be accomplished in more than one way and I wanted to get more out of the story line than I did the first time. For instance, I totally forgot to "bug" any Sims. I never searched for clues in the Roswell basement and spent the whole time searching the lab instead.

I am just nearing the end of my first run through and am looking forward to making a brand new Sim who lives in the town. My current one lives in Oasis Springs.

The story is flexible and there are different ways to play it. The core is similar but there is lots of room on how you obtain things and even ways to make things "different" for any future sims.
  • Options
    BruceSF55BruceSF55 Posts: 135 Member
    Thanks Freygea, that does sound like fun. I will probably have several of my various Sims do this story.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Thanks Freygea, that does sound like fun. I will probably have several of my various Sims do this story.

The other neat things is you can use items in other saves and make very different stories. I will pop an example in spoiler text. It has no StrangerVille spoilers so no worry but will make sense because you have played it once.

I took an infected sim and placed her in my Forgotten Hollow save.

She is a botched attempt from my Vamp. My vamp tried to turn her and things went really wrong. My vamp now has the guilty drinker trait. Her now "child" is like her Igor/The Monster. She has noted her "mother" planting plants and eating the fruit. She went and found her own pretty plants and ate that fruit. She is like "mother" now.

She now is going around creating her own little coven thinking she is going to make "mother" proud. She adores "Mother" So much so that she goes around talking about her to others when she has her episodes. Her "mother" (my Vamp) is a good vampire and only uses plasma packs and plants because she hates what happened to her "child". She is going to be very upset when she finds out what her "child" is doing.

This pack is so darn versatile.

Have a fun time and if you have time down the road please share some of your stories!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member

I didn't realize this was an option. :o I'm just getting starting again and I think I'm going to make a point of visiting all the households first. Get to know the townsfolk.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the roswell basement is... lets just say that's one of the first things i changed when i got around to editing that house after i finished my first playthrough of the story. it makes total sense why it's there, i like that it's there but it's just so tiny and boring. one little room with a desk for ted to sit at and plot his plots with a single searchable item if you're on that step of the story

it didn't even need to be a lot bigger, just...bigger. with a few other items to give it more 'oomph'. also added a few bizarre fruit and
    spores (mostly because i found out there were three different colors of spores in buydebug and i've only ever found one color while playing. so placing the other colors in a few secret labs and 'infected' rooms scattered through strangerville)

i try to go back and make sure the three initial premades that were infected at the very start of the story are infected again, and also make sure i never give those three a vaccine, just so i can easily reinfect them after the story's completed

anyway, on to the versatility of the story... if you haven't played with it yet, the military career offers a lot of unique options as you work on the story, though virtually all of them require level 5 or higher in the career. they all also only work with the strangerville military personnel. the programming skill also helps you do a few things differently if you want, so it could be fun to bring a hacker or something through at least one playthrough (i've considered using my oracle sim, but dunno if i want her doing it or not, honestly. at least one of her flunkies will, though)
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    The story is the only way to get the hot FBI agent sims to spawn, I would love to see one of my sims date and marry one of thoughs hot sims.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    The story is the only way to get the hot FBI agent sims to spawn, I would love to see one of my sims date and marry one of thoughs hot sims.

Hmmm. Can you go into world management and then find him and save him or her to your library? It would be fun to be able to add them to other game saves. If not I hope they add the ability to in a future patch.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Oops, I replaced the Roswell house with a download. What was in their basement? Just wondering if it's worth my while putting it back.
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Oops, I replaced the Roswell house with a download. What was in their basement? Just wondering if it's worth my while putting it back.

You could always create a new game, that'll put it back. If you really want it then, copy it to your library, You can then go back to your original game put it in a different lot then or put it back in its original place.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited March 2019

Not much -
    a desk with some unorganized papers on it and the floor.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    what pegasys said above except
    there was also a pile of evidence on a nightstand, so sims on the 'find evidence' step of the story could get something there. same as the ones in cahill's bunker beneath the plane and on the dresser in the sigworth's house

nothing huge but nice things to have to link them into the story. ted roswell apparently started things, jess sigworth took documents home when she wasn't supposed to, george cahill has been investigating things ever since his crash

when i redid all three of those lots, i made sure to leave something similar to those in them and, in the roswell house's case, expanded immensely on it
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    @Freygea : Thanks for that. I was wondering about your 'spoiler'. I'm almost at the end of my first run through and didn't want to be spoiled, but I wanted the answer to that question.

"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »

Not much -
    a desk with some unorganized papers on it and the floor.

Ah, thanks for that. In that case, I won't bother :D
  • Options
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    @Freygea : Thanks for that. I was wondering about your 'spoiler'. I'm almost at the end of my first run through and didn't want to be spoiled, but I wanted the answer to that question.

Have fun!!! :)