Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

StrangerVille Picture Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    @Ceres_Meiriona OH MY! Your pictures are EPIC! :dizzy: And @atzex She is scaaaary!!! :scream:

As if StrangerVille couldn't get stranger, ghost night. "I know, Dina is the expert mixer, but I can poison you all I want, you won't mind, you're already dead. *Smirk*"

L0uc8y1.png
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Can ghosts become infected? That would really be spooky.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    ghosts can indeed become infected. here's my ghost scientist after deciding to snack on a bizarre fruit i spawned while she was at work:

a69bce77f84c0f6b5bf968b7cd58a8aa.png
    f52aa8dfd76f5138d2566fa18aa9d817.jpg

they keep the possessed walk/run animation instead of floating around. which is probably a good thing
  • Options
    That is so cool. Thanks for answering my question.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Has anyone noticed Bizarre Fruit plants AFTER your Hero has defeated the Mother? Ridge's girlfriend went fishing at the pond located across the road from the Eclectic household in Shady Acres while he was at work and I noticed a couple plants there. I looked around the area and there's a few more dotted around that neighborhood. There are no plants down below in the valley around town. Ridge defeated the Mother at least a week or two before I took this screenshot.

It's not that big of a deal, I'm just wondering why they are there when they should all be gone.

6traQLP.png
  • Options
    did you reawaken her?

i know when i defeated her (three times in a row before leaving the facility) and revived her at the end of the first time down there, and asked for low weirdness, the mesa area was back to the way it was in the beginning (handful of plants scattered around, but not much) while the town was still at stage 2 with the full grown plants everywhere asking me to nurture them. i think it had to do with me saving the game and exiting after going back to my sim's house (on the mesa) without visiting the downtown area, so it kind of got stuck in the old setup
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @kalaksed No, I didn't revive the Mother, that's why it puzzles me those plants are there. Thanks for the suggestion though. :) The only thing I can think of that might've happened is sort've similar to what happened to you. I don't think Ridge ever visited the Shady Acres area before or after he defeated the Mother. Jessie is the first one of my controlled Sims to venture there since I started this save file. So, perhaps that area is stuck as if it were the beginning of the story?

Hmm... I wonder if sending Ridge there will cause those plants to disappear. Worth a try anyway. :)

EDIT: Nope, sending Ridge there didn't do a thing, they're still there. Oh well... *shrugs*
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    They did it!

EpoFFHU.png

Respect, little brother.....

LPiBsfg.png

And back at home, nothing but cheers all round.

wAVB4Qb.png

d9IweQT.png

uizy97O.png

Do you need more than one sim to defeat the mother plant?? I am only playing one sim. I was hoping she could do it on her own?? great pics.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Do you need more than one sim to defeat the mother plant?? I am only playing one sim. I was hoping she could do it on her own?? great pics.
    From what I remember, it asks you to bring others along. I only played as one sim, but you can 'recruit' sims you are not playing and they will come along and fight with you. It's kinda cool.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    From what I remember, it asks you to bring others along. I only played as one sim, but you can 'recruit' sims you are not playing and they will come along and fight with you. It's kinda cool.

Thank you. I made her a husband.
  • Options
    I think you need at least three total to all attack at once in order to do the job, otherwise, your sim tires out and might get hurt.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    All I can say is some simmers shouldn't be allowed to reproduce :D ...
    uFyrvEq.jpg
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    The Roswells showed up at the Romance Festival while my Sim was there and Ted was in full possessed mode. Now, personally, I don't mind, but others might not like that this can happen. I thought we were told that infected StrangerVille Sims would stay in StrangerVille and we'd only see them in other worlds if our Sims intentionally infected other Sims by giving them the Bizarre fruit through a mean interaction?

Maybe festivals are the exception to the rule? *shrugs* Anyway, here's poor Ted sporting a Knight helmet jerking and gibbering around the festival. I saw Meredith before I saw him and she looked so sad, boo boo lip and all. Now I know why...

xMk1Q7a.png
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    The Roswells showed up at the Romance Festival while my Sim was there and Ted was in full possessed mode. Now, personally, I don't mind, but others might not like that this can happen. I thought we were told that infected StrangerVille Sims would stay in StrangerVille and we'd only see them in other worlds if our Sims intentionally infected other Sims by giving them the Bizarre fruit through a mean interaction?

Maybe festivals are the exception to the rule? *shrugs* Anyway, here's poor Ted sporting a Knight helmet jerking and gibbering around the festival. I saw Meredith before I saw him and she looked so sad, boo boo lip and all. Now I know why...

xMk1Q7a.png

I think we were told that the infection would stay in Strangerville. Infected sims, however, can travel just like any other sim.
  • Options
    Yes I've seen them at restaurants too outside of Strangerville. If infected they become possessed between 1-4 am. I posted some pictures of it here in this thread. Of course in that save I'm spreading the infection myself. I've really only been playing in Strangerville though or with gameplay in Strangerville so not sure of other variables.
    So far (so far..) I haven't seen them walk in possessed... they have already been somewhere out and it's just their time for it to happen. Then they wander or run around like they do in Strangerville.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    @Dannydanbo @Hermitgirl Ah, okay, well that makes sense then. Thanks for the clarification! :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
  • Options

Yes... there's a lot of little effects that static pictures can't capture like that. It's great :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options

Yeah. This world has some cool effects in it.
  • Options
    yeah, i see those all the time when playing my sim who lives on the 'creek corner cove' lot in shady acres. usually spot them over near the gatehouse to the area, beneath the ledge 'plateau place' and the eclectic arts household are on
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    aktex wrote: »
    My vampire sim got infected while beeing in her dark form. That scared the plum out of me :D

oxv5201kj5mi31o7g.jpg

154op4p4jkx37nw7g.jpg

l7isrwl0d2adxro7g.jpg

WhY So serRRiOUS?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    @aktex your infected vampire is AWESOME! lol She is indeed rather disturbing in a really good way. rofl

@kalaksed your possessed ghost is totally awesome! I want one in my town, now. ROFL!!!

@Hermitgirl Love your screenshot. ROFL That sim should DEFINITELY reproduce. ;) The game is better with a heavy dose of "cray cray" lol.

tumblr_pofte9ENMP1vorh5do1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pofte9ENMP1vorh5do5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pofte9ENMP1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    A trailer park alien abduction... :D:D:D

tumblr_pofvjpV2bK1vorh5do1_1280.jpg
    I love the night sky here.

tumblr_ppkfer7NwP1vorh5do1_1280.jpg
    My favorite back street in Strangerville.

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    I've had my infected momma abducted 3 times in Strangerville :). She is a scientist.. so I was expecting some abductions.
    aCoZLre.jpg
    She also fed Patchy the bizarre fruit... both at work and at home. He won't come off his post at the possessed time but if he happens to be around he becomes possessed at those same times other sims do. Sometimes it's just fun to feed him the fruit though and watch him run like the wind.. or just look creepy. I know I wouldn't go up those steps at Halloween.
    mn45lug.jpg
    ILRfdZe.jpg
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    @Hermitgirl I never even thought to feed Patchy the fruit. lol I love it! Great screenshots!!!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @Hermitgirl Patchy never looked so good and spooky.