Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GTW prisoners - Is there a way to imprison a sim?

I would like to see a certain sim in prison for story telling purposes. Is there any way to make it happen? I'm ready for cheats, mods, anything. Or would it be better to use a fake police station?

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think you can do that unless that sim just happens to be the sim you're looking for.

If you want to tell a story, I'd build my own police station somewhere. If you made it a home lot where a few cops and criminals slept, you could then be able to control all the characters in the "station" and create your own story and tell it at your own pace and in your own time without them returning to their own homes at the end of the day because all the characters live/work there.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Thanks for your input. I was wondering if the imprisoned sims had a hidden trait or something that could be cheated on, but I guess not? I will consider using the fake station for a few screenies but also got some alternative ideas how the story could go.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have a story line that I created after GTW dropped aliens in our world. I have a rich older couple who had a son late in life and he grew up very spoiled and a playboy of sorts. After being abducted, his personality changed and he became more loving and respectful of his parents and they were very happy now. What Mummy and Daddy didn't know was that their son was replaced by an alien who, when in disguise, looked like their son. The alien, loving son kept the real, snotty son in a secret room in the basement locked in a cage while the alien son pretended to be him and live a great life.

This played out fine but when I switched to another household, I would sometimes see the snotty son prisoner out and about, mainly in the park, so that sort of broke my story. But otherwise, it was a fun story to play. Good luck.