Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I might have broken it (the game) a little

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
I think it started when she got invited on an autonomous date. You know, by an incoming phone call.
My Sim was at work at the time and decided to go on the date anyways.

Thing is, the next morning she is showing as “At Work”, her icon is greyed out and the usual at work options are showing. Her inventory is even barred off because “Breana is not here”.

Problem is, Breana is quite clearly in the yard building a snownpal! :D

Please help!

Comments

• Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I had that happen the other day (last night actually), except it was Jesminder who did not come home from work. When she was at work, her hubby was on a community lot having some fun and she was still marked as at work even though her shift would have ended hours ago. I did the 'leave home early' thing for her repeatedly and that didn't work. I took Arun home and there she was. At home playing chess but like with your Sim she was showed as at work and hadn't gotten payed or anything. Couldn't enter her inventory and she couldn't even get food from the fridge (pre-made) because she couldn't open the fridge.

Now, I took her to a community lot. That didn't work. I left her and went to play as Arun at their home and then tried repeatedly the 'leave home early' for her and no go. I couldn't even get her home or anything. Scared the plumming outta me.

What fixed it for me was to leave the game completely. Shut it down and then restart and went into their lot. That did fix it for Jesminder. She was at home but got the notification about her end of shift and she got her pay.

Annoying bug which could have devestated that save of mine. I haven't seen it happen again, YET! I am in another household and the Sim from that household is now at a bar and his boyfriend got home just fine and even got the promotion I was especting.

Now, in that long windedness of mine, I suggest you try to log out of your game completely without saving, to the desktop. I did save, didn't mean to but I am a chronic saver and it was just reflex before shutting the game down but fortunatly she got out of that bug.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Thanks @Stina1701A

I ended up trying a “Leave Early” just in case and it worked (this time, whew). Breana even got the promotion that she’d earned. It was kinda funny, in the end. I’d been worried it wouldn’t work or that her performance would plummet like crazy.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Kidnapped to Strangerville, but who am I to know, Wink-a-da-Wink