Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else worried?!

Kinda scared of getting the mystery spoiled for me before I get the pack, chances are I will wait for a sale and I just know someone will spoil the mystery :P
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Eh, not worried about THAT specifically. I'm worried this will be a one and done pack, do it once and you're good. At least Jungle Adventure randomizes the layouts so you have SOME of a reason to go back.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Eh, not worried about THAT specifically. I'm worried this will be a one and done pack, do it once and you're good. At least Jungle Adventure randomizes the layouts so you have SOME of a reason to go back.

My guess is that things are going to work a bit like that, randomized for playability. Not sure how, but I think they're going to use previous assets like in Jungle Adventure.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member

I don't mind it that much, sure, majority of the pack won't be replayable but I will consider it a story DLC.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    To me this sounds more like player created challenges. But also, I'm one who plays with Jungle Adventure like it's a true vacation destination. I think I've only had 2 sims explore the jungle. My self sim when it first came out, and then Wei Shen on a livestream. I just want the world and all the new objects. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Is it bad that I want the mystery solved so I can know if I am interested in the pack or not? Are there any other careers besides military? Does the Science career get more options in this new town? Does the secret agent career get to do something special now in this town?? So many questions...
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Not worried about that. Personally it looks like another one time through and done pack. Jungle Adventures and Outdoor Retreat were that as well. Maybe I need more actual significant gameplay. I am just not seeing it within the trailer of the new game pack. Usually the trailer shows the "best parts" of the pack, and if that is the case this pack is terrible.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    Not worried about that. Personally it looks like another one time through and done pack. Jungle Adventures and Outdoor Retreat were that as well. Maybe I need more actual significant gameplay. I am just not seeing it within the trailer of the new game pack. Usually the trailer shows the "best parts" of the pack, and if that is the case this pack is terrible.

I use JA and OR on a regular basis, particularly since I decided to cut down on rental lots and put communal lots in their place. At this stage it's to soon to see whether it's practical to do the same with the new pack.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,653 Member
    No. I just won't be watching the presentation come the 24th. I've seen enough and will wait the very short time to get the GP and then find out for myself what's what. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited February 2019
    Does anyone know if we are getting new foods? New drinks? @SimGuruHouts
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

I use JA and OR on a regular basis, particularly since I decided to cut down on rental lots and put communal lots in their place. At this stage it's to soon to see whether it's practical to do the same with the new pack.

The packs I use most is Spa Day. All my sims max out the wellness skill and writing skills like well before becoming an adult (in fact many are teens when those skills are almost maxed). I also am more a generational family player, so I don't get into the "partying/single young adult" gameplay. Much just does not fit with my conservative traditionalism. Most of the packs are built around only playing one single young adult/adult sim.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited February 2019
    No, I am not worried at all as I will just wait and see what transpire and what exactly does this pack actually bring for example if this pack is based solely on an mystery and everything else is secondary even though I know it will be an normal neighborhood even after the mystery is solved and it does not add much to the other neighborhoods and just that world I really would have paid $19.99 for an use once story but keep the neighborhood. However, I hope it does not equate to this and I will have to wait and see what this pack offers other than an mystery. I do not plan on spending $19.99 on this pack anyway I may pay $9.99 or cheaper when that time comes. So I am not worried looking at EA/Maxis track record.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    MelissaLiMelissaLi Posts: 20 Member
    im not nervous about it getting spoiled, but the anxiety is definitely there lol
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

yeye
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

I don't mind it that much, sure, majority of the pack won't be replayable but I will consider it a story DLC.

I suggest you to not to watch libestreams and game changer videos. There is a high possibility that they will show it. Reading blogpost tho can be a way. I have been doing that when I decide to buy Story RPG games like Mass Effect.