Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does MCC Center story progression affect active and played households?

Ok. This has been a question I’ve had for quite a while and really want to know. If anybody who uses MCCC has an answer, I’d love to know :)

Comments

• Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited February 2019
    Not if you tell it to bypass active and played households. (ETA: You can set it by module, so you could let your active sims get married but not pregnant; or vice versa, or turn it all off entirely, which is what I do.)
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    edited February 2019
    @Simpatsyann how did you turn it off entirely for your active/ played households? I don’t mind my active/ played households getting married if they are single, but I really don’t want them getting pregnant. Because I only play 1 save, but in that one save there are 13 families I “monitor” (a.k.a. play as sometimes and watch over what they do) and they all already have a family if they wanted a family. Or, rather I wanted them to have a family. lol.
  • Options
    In the population, pregnancy, and marriage sections, you can select "bypass played households." Then any household you have flagged as played will be skipped. You can also choose to bypass romantic interests, so for example if you have a sim who gets into a romance with another sim who is in a nonplayed household, that romanced sim won't get picked for marriage or pregnancy when the checks run.

There's a lot more information in the mods forums in this thread specifically: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread and you can also read through the documentation on the MCCC download site.
  • Options
    @Simpatsyann Thank you 😊Although this off topic, and you seem to know enough about mccc, do you know how to tone down the amount of multiples? My sims have so many multiple births and barely any single ones.
  • Options
    Under pregnancy, there's a setting for "Maximum Offspring" which governs the amount of babies that can be born in at once. However, I don't *think* it affects the percentage chances of multiples and I don't know how that might be done with MCCC. I will say I was having the same problem for few weeks a while back; every birth was twins or triplets, but then it stopped and I have no idea whether it was a repair, a patch, or MCCC. :P Sorry to be useless on that score (you might have better luck by asking in that thread, as I'm far from an expert). You might want to try doing a game repair first of all and see if that helps. :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I would recommend you try to play the household if a child is about to be birthed. Otherwise, you might end up with a little Sim named Hobart! Thing is, I took the time to change his name, but that was several future game saves ago. (Yes, I've had to go back to earlier saves at least twice, recently.) You can imagine my surprise, knowing I had fixed this problem, when little Hobart texted his uncle, congratulating him on his wedding. Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    There's a setting in MCCC that allows you to name the kids of played sims even if you're not currently playing the household. It's come in handy for me. (MCCC - the "app for that" of Sims 4.)
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I really need to grab some coffee and read thoroughly all the documentation for MCCC. I do sometimes have trouble figuring out all the menu and how the settings work. I do find the documentation not that easy to understand at times :(
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I hate to be mean, but that doesn’t have to do with what we are talking about. We are talking about the Mccc mod (births of multiples and controlling story progression/ pregnancies and marriage). Sorry for the confusion. :)
  • Options
    NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    I would recommend you try to play the household if a child is about to be birthed. Otherwise, you might end up with a little Sim named Hobart! Thing is, I took the time to change his name, but that was several future game saves ago. (Yes, I've had to go back to earlier saves at least twice, recently.) You can imagine my surprise, knowing I had fixed this problem, when little Hobart texted his uncle, congratulating him on his wedding. Face/palm.

If you go in settings you can make it so you get a pop up box so you can name the baby without visiting the household