Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

On Napping...

Personally, I think napping is feature doesn't add very much to the game. Their energy barely increases and sometimes my sims chose to nap instead of actually sleeping and it wastes time.

Comments

• Options
    ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    Sometimes I get my sims to nap if everything else is in the green and they are about to go to work or something. That way when they get home they can go out without getting too tired.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Napping also helps to cure illness. And, I'll occasionally have my toddler nap if her sleep schedule is getting wonky and she's otherwise going to be ready for bed too early.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2019
    Napping for me was not meant to fully rest up your sim, I use it as the OP uses it.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    IiyonceIiyonce Posts: 32 Member
    i'm just upset that my sims can't sit on the bed and read a book.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Iiyonce wrote: »

They can do that though? Unless you mean RELAX on the bed.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    IiyonceIiyonce Posts: 32 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

They can do that though? Unless you mean RELAX on the bed.

Yeah that's what I meant. It's so weird that they can't lay on the bed. Just perched on the side LOL. Nobody relaxes and reads like that!
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member

Yeah that's what I meant. It's so weird that they can't lay on the bed. Just perched on the side LOL. Nobody relaxes and reads like that!

Odd thing that an animation for them to lay on the bed seems to be there when they're getting out of the bed and laying on the covers.

So, I wouldn't think it would be impossible to have it there. Then again when most people relax on their bed they're usually sprawled across their bed than sitting up most of the time. :p

5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    I find napping useful for my pregnant, elderly and toddler Sims.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    A relax on the bed option would be handy. I use the nap ability from time to time but I wish they could pull a blanket over themselves when napping on the bed or sofa.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I only use napping if they are still in the green. It gives them enough to make it thru school/work or until bedtime.

If they are in the yellow, I use sleep (no matter what time of the day or night it is). Then wake them up when I think it will keep them going till bedtime.

Toddlers.....different. I rarely use nap with them. They sleep twice a day in my games. Once around 1 or 2 pm and then around 8 or 9 pm.
  • Options
    fluffykinsfluffykins Posts: 37 Member
    Wow, I did not know any of those things about napping. Thanks guys :)
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I don't understand why they have to nap for so long! It seems too disproportionate, I wish they could take more of a power nap.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr