Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Upgrade/Update

I was looking up an issue with my proposals and saw that Sims in Freeplay can buy different grades of wedding rings. Along with adding some more wedding dresses/suits and furniture I thought the ring system could also be implemented for the pc where the sim chooses between different metals (bronze, white, gold, plat) and can choose one of the crystals from the game as the stone if they want one (they can either supply it to save money or pay extra on top to buy direct from the jewellers). This can be an option in the "Purchase Gifts" category.
(Speaking of rings could technically add a mood ring that does change colors based on the current emotion of the sim)
caitytrina.png

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    That would be cool I would like for the female Sims or those Sims who identity as female to not have not just the engagement ring but the wedding band as well I want a set like that so badly please gurus make that happen.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I just came across a mod yesterday that is supposed to automatically add a ring to females when they get married. I’m going to test if it actually works.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    I was looking up an issue with my proposals and saw that Sims in Freeplay can buy different grades of wedding rings. Along with adding some more wedding dresses/suits and furniture I thought the ring system could also be implemented for the pc where the sim chooses between different metals (bronze, white, gold, plat) and can choose one of the crystals from the game as the stone if they want one (they can either supply it to save money or pay extra on top to buy direct from the jewellers). This can be an option in the "Purchase Gifts" category.
    (Speaking of rings could technically add a mood ring that does change colors based on the current emotion of the sim)

Awesome idea.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I just came across a mod yesterday that is supposed to automatically add a ring to females when they get married. I’m going to test if it actually works.

It does work but I really don't want mod for the ring I also want a variety of engagement rings and wedding bands.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I wouldn't mind a Jewelry Crafting Hobby/Career, would definitely put Stones (Not sure why they're called "Crystals" Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, Emeralds, are actually Stones Not Crystals but whatever) and Metals to good use.

Would love to See Gold and Silver come into the mix, maybe not just In jewelry making but in Metalworking. I personally think it would be useful in a pre-Patch of a (Sorcerers/Werewolves Expansion/Game Pack)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member

We definitely need this in the PC version
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Man I wish our sims could buy wedding rings and chocolates and perfumes as well.
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    That would be cool I would like for the female Sims or those Sims who identity as female to not have not just the engagement ring but the wedding band as well I want a set like that so badly please gurus make that happen.

Agreed gurus if your reading this.
  • Options
    Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I miss how in sims 2 sims (regardless of gender) wore wedding bands if married. This would also make it easier to identify married sims when out on the town. They could add an option to remove wedding ring if you wanted your sim to not wear it. Being able to pick out rings would be cool
  • Options
    ZombnomZombnom Posts: 114 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

What mod is this??
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited April 2019
    @Zombom: It's the autoweddingring mod from this site:
    http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/

It doesn't only add a ring to females though.
    It adds an engagement ring to females and a wedding ring to both males and females.

It only works for couples that marry after you have installed the mod. But you can always have them renew vows which will also add the wedding rings.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ZombnomZombnom Posts: 114 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    @Zombom: It's the autoweddingring mod from this site:
    http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/

It doesn't only add a ring to females though.
    It adds an engagement ring to females and a wedding ring to both males and females.

It only works for couples that marry after you have installed the mod. But you can always have them renew vows which will also add the wedding rings.

You knew all the questions I had before I could even get them out! Thanks so much for the link + info! :) Much appreciated.
  • Options
    nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member

I love this idea! They really need to upgrade. I would also like to see a honeymoon option for after they get married.