Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beach world as a residential world

A lot of people ask for a beach vacation pack, but in my opinion it would be better if the beach world was a residential world rather than a vacation one. In The Sims 3 some people preferred if Isla Paradiso had been a vacation world, but in The Sims 3 you couldn't travel between residential worlds, you could only travel to another world if it was a vacation world, so this complaint made a lot of sense. In The Sims 4, though, you can freely travel between residential worlds, so I think having a beach world as residential would be better, as those who want their sims to live by the beach would be able to do that, but those who want their sims to live somewhere else and just want to travel there occasionally would be able to do that as well. In the other hand, if the beach world is a vacation world, only the second half of players would be happy, but the first half would be disappointed that sims can't live there (myself included).
As a residential world, to add more of a vacation feel they could introduce hotels/resorts, which would be able to be built in residential worlds (maybe vacation worlds as well) just like in TS3 Island Paradise, and it actually would make more sense in The Sims 4 since you would still be able to live in a different world if you wanted, unlike The Sims 3, where you had to check into a hotel in the same world that you live which was quite weird. They could also add the ability to own multiple lots, just like in Island Paradise, for those who want to own a house by the beach and another one somewhere else, for example.

Comments

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2019
    The beach world could be a vacation world, IF we get the option to buy vacation homes and move there permanently.

That way our Sims could live in Selvadorada or Granite Falls as well!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    This is a good idea. If we get hotels, we're free to use any world we want as a vacation world. It's one of main reasons I hope we get hotels this year.
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I can be behind this idea. Especially if we can own hotels.
  • Options
    JuiceboxQueenJuiceboxQueen Posts: 77 Member
    I would love an island world. I also really love the idea of a hotel. It could work like apartments work maybe?
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm hoping for a new world type that is both vacation and main world if we ever get a beach vacation pack so that half can only be entered in the vacation menu and the other half would be residential with the main worlds so tired of either or. As it is I hardly use the vacation worlds they offer boring game play like exploring and not much else they both would of got so much more use from me if I could at least had 5 or so lots for my Sims to live in them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    The beach world could be a vacation world, IF we get the option to buy vacation homes and move there permanently.

That way our Sims could live in Selvadorada or Granite Falls as well!

I like this idea better.
  • Options
    InsaneStarInsaneStar Posts: 94 Member
    If we can't live in vacation worlds. I've been thinking two worlds at the same place but in different spots. One side that is all residental where you can live. And one side where you can rent and relax like the vacation spots.