Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BRAND New Macbook - Issue After Issue after Issue

TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
edited February 2019 in The Sims 3 Mac Discussion
EDIT: Gave up.
Simming for twenty years...
Post edited by TheRealTacomama on

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Hey, I replied to your thread here a couple of days ago, but maybe you didn't see it? If you can get the patched base game running on your computer, you should absolutely be able to install and run your packs as well. (I played for a while on the 2017 version of your MacBook Pro, and while I had to apply the unknown error workarounds, it wasn't too much trouble once I found the right guides.)

We can still help, if you're interested; just list the packs you'd like to install, and if the base game won't run, your graphics card's device ID as well. Here's how to find it:

https://bluebellflora.com/2018/07/24/sims-3-mac-players-i-need-your-help/#Information
  • Options
    Oh no I didn't see that! Thank you for replying.

Unfortunately, I don't think anything will help. I'm too tired to attempt the process on Mac again and have it not work. I had a friend sped 13 hours after work until 4 am putting Bootcamp on my Mac so I can play the game on Windows. And it still doesn't work.

I'm just so mad I spent money and time on it. This is so disappointing.

I don't even know what would be the best way to try to trouble shoot this.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I'm still happy to help, on either the mac or Windows side, whichever you prefer. (For what it's worth, the game will run a lot better in Windows than in mac OS, but that's only if you're okay dealing with Bootcamp.) It would help though to know where exactly things are going wrong, as in, what error messages you're seeing, and when. There are so many reasons TS3 would crash, it's necessary to narrow things down before giving any troubleshooting advice.

If you'd like to stick with Windows, please run a dxdiag, upload the results to pastebin or another free filesharing site, and leave the link here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

This will not only cover your hardware but also list errors associated with any apps that have crashed recently, including TS3. If you'd prefer to install on the mac side, please at least list your specs, as described in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4756624#M4

And either way, please also list the packs you've installed already, as well as any others you'd like to install going forward.
  • Options
    Oooh thank you! I'll stick with windows (I mean, my friend's eyes were RED when he got done! And it's only installed for the sims 3).

I'll try these right quick and report back by tomorrow.

Thank you thank you thank you thank yoiu