Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who is your first family? What is their story?

Be prepared, this is a pretty long post spanning the better part of a decade and multiple Sims titles.

By first I mean longest running/most important/headline family. So officially, the Goths are arguably the most important Sims family (and, if you watch him, Sim Supply's is the Bigwallet family), but I'm asking about ones you have created. My first family dates back to pre-Sims 3 days. I made them back in Sims Freeplay before 2013 (probably back in 2012). It initially was a mum, Fliss, a dad, Kyle and two twin daughters, Emily (kleptomaniac) and Francesca (active foodie) and I messed up with the last names so Kyle took his wife's name.

I later remade them in Sims 3 when I got the game and that's when the story really kicked off (if you can find my posts from the Sims 3 forums you'll see how). The twins, Emily and Francesca grew up without a bed to call their own so they were taking turns sleeping on the couch because their parents could barely make ends meet let alone afford a bigger house (they were living in that one floor, one bedroom house in Sunset Valley) which was a huge change from what they were used to as children (the Freeplay days) where they had a pretty big two-bedroom house with a large double bedroom to themselves (thinking I'll make their official story be they moved to a new town which meant they downsized). It also had a small, but reasonable swimming pool. It also had space for their dog to dig for money (realised the move meant their dog mysteriously disappeared, maybe it died or maybe it'll be the reason I buy Sims 4 pets). Their parents started new careers, with mum going in to business and dad in to sports (IIRC).

Along the way they had 4 more children, Melody who has a pretty gothic style and is musically gifted, Ginette who very much prefers to be alone, hot-headed Ethan and Tia (whose traits I can't remember off the top of my head), while working their way up their careers and upgrading/expanding the house to have an even bigger pool and a jungle gym where the children would often hang out. They even had a butler at one point.

Emily and Francesca went on to enrol at university, but I don't know if they finished (I split the save into two) since they both wound up crashing at home and Francesca was dating Grady Elfman. With Fliss and Kyle having worked to the top of their careers they moved to a mansion in Sunset (read: I used free real estate as they still didn't have enough. I needed a family to play test/live in the house I built) before later moving to Oasis Springs where the children are home educated (I just used MC Command Centre to get all of my created children and teens to leave school)

Now, to Sims 4. Fliss' sister (she was supposed to be her cousin, but Sims 4 doesn't let me make cousins without going the long way) moved to Oasis Springs with her husband Jerome Flint-Jackson (they were actually the first sims I made in the Sims 4 CAS demo) and started a family. Later Fliss moved there with hers and quickly set up new roots. The oldest two, Emily and Francesca moved out to live with friends (and this is where my suddenly gay thread happened) and Francesca developed romantic feelings for one of her housemates called Charlotte (Tia, Emily and Francesca's younger sister, is now Charlotte's brother's friend's girlfriend). None of the housemates work conventional jobs. Francesca is straight up unemployed and obsessed with working out, Emily works as a gardener, Charlotte is an Esports Athlete/video content creator/live streamer and the sim whose house it actually is, Hana, is a work from home style influencer.

This is where the story stands now. Dropping my first family into my Sims 4 save has made it more interesting. I do have screenshots which I might add later. I've created a lot of families that now occupy my Sims 4 worlds and they all sort of know each other in some way and many have their own story, just this one predates all of them.

Who are your first family and what's their story? Feel free to add screenshots if you want.

Comments

• Options
    mavislurchermavislurcher Posts: 21 Member
    I don't think I have screenshots, but I remember one household from the Sims 3 in particular. Her name was Friday Sands, and she wanted to become a great athlete. She was recognisable by her bright pink hair and cheery disposition. By the time I stopped playing, she had a son, a daughter-in-law, and two twin granddaughters. She managed to max out charisma and athletic and had reached the top of the athlete career.
  • Options
    mavislurchermavislurcher Posts: 21 Member
    Also, the first Sims 4 family I played with was the Pancakes. I usually get them to have a kid, then divorce them.
  • Options
    XannWhitefireXannWhitefire Posts: 12 New Member
    The Xanatos’ my main sim is my super sim an immortal who has to this day mastered every skill, achieved every aspiration, and is close to having achieved the pinnacle of every career. His true passion though is his family. As he has outlived multiple generations of townies he has also put lived numerous wives. However he has passed his immortality onto his children and now half of Widenberg is his progeny. Between packs he works on mastering the few careers left on his list and helping his children achieve the same levels of success.
  • Options
    mikaelahollymikaelaholly Posts: 46 Member
    My first sim was a lady named Willow Rose. She loves the outdoors and gardening, and is a painter. She moved into a tiny house in Willow Creek and her neighbor, Brynn came over to greet her. They were both bookworms and loved the outdoors and ended up falling in love. They had two children, from a fellow sim donor. A boy and a girl. Eleanor, their daughter, is a singer and musician, and their son, Ajax, is a veterinarian. Eleanor had one daughter, Ellie, who is now an actress. Ajax has a wife, two dogs, a cat, and three children: Gracie (child) and Macie and Lacy (twin toddlers). Ellie is actually going to appear in my LP on my YouTube channel pretty soon, so her life will unfold soon :)
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    My longest running family is my Pagan family which began in Sims 3. They are a mixed Wesen (blue skin)/human family plus they had an alien son (green skin) from an abduction. Though the first gen has passed the legacy continues. Their daughter, Catriona (blue skin), married a red-haired human doctor and they had 4 kids (2 blue skin sons with red hair, and 2 human daughters). They also adopted the daughter their alien son had because his wife had postpartum depression and could not care for her (she's green skinned). One son moved out to marry Luna Villareal and I play this family in rotation (they have one blue-skinned daughter, a butler, and Luna's brother Max lives with them). Another daughter moved out to marry into the Landgraab family. The two remaining Pagan girls had kids (2 human daughters) but their boyfriends didn't join the household. Their younger brother is a vet.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited February 2019
    I don't remember my very first Sims family, but my longest running family started with sims 4, and their save is almost a year old at this point. It started with a single sim, Isabelle, who was only supposed to have one child. Her first pregnancy resulted in twins, Charlie and Westley. Then she had a fling with Akira Kibo and had a daughter, Poppy, because I have risky woohoo enabled. Finally, she was abducted and had an alien child, Apollo, from that. So, she ended up with four kids, and I've been playing each of the kids' families and descendants ever since. The two youngest of her kids, Poppy and Apollo, are actually still alive, but both are elders at this point. I play one week rotations for each family, and as I have about seven families, it takes a while for sims to age. Also, I don't play all the time. However, the only reason Poppy is still around is because I had her and her husband drink youth potions because I wanted them to live to see all of their children reach adulthood, as Poppy's own parent's hadn't.

Isabelle has 11 grandchildren, as all four of her kids had children of their own, and at the moment, she has three great grandchildren, and will most likely have more in the future. Unfortunately, Isabelle died of old age before any of her grandchildren were born, so she has never met any of her descendants.

The Young family tree in my bio is Isabelle's, if anyone is interested.
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited February 2019
    I still play the same rotational save that I started with my free trial but my very first family is no longer part of it. I gave up on them pretty fast as I got more interested in my other families and having aging on for everyone took care of the rest. I recreated their daughter for my TS1 run though. I have a couple of other families that I started pretty soon and they're still going strong.

My second sim was Marjanne Kukkaisku - I thought I randomized a sim in CAS but later found out it was Amber Stein, a premade CAS sim. I also gave her a child in CAS named Leenu Kukkaisku who later had twins with Toni Lorula (finnish for Don Lothario). Two babies were too much to handle for Don and he left. Leenu raised the girls in Crick Cabana.
    Leenu, Toni/Don & babies
    AVX6IjS.png

The twins Janni & Janna Lorula were after the same guy Napoleon Kallio who was a CAS born child for game generated couple living in the Umbrage Manor. Janni and Janna experienced a huge rise in their living conditions as they moved into the manor. There was some relationship drama which lead to Napoleon dying. Janni & Janna are still part of my game and have become vampires. They always struggle with the bills of the mansion.
    Janni, Janna & Napoleon
    zgk4Y2t.png

They both had offspring before they turned: Jarmo, Jarno (their father is Shandor Lee) & Simeon Lorula (Napoleon's child). Simeon is YA living in the fashion district. He mostly spends his time playing video games but I've been toying with the idea of him getting into archeology. Jarmo is married and has a daughter but they're an unplayed family for me. Jarno got married to Unelma Luotto who was a child of a couple I also created pretty early in my save.
    Janna with Jarno & Unelma
    yaNFydB.png

Jarno & Unelma Luotto have three kids Urpo, Usva & Jalo. Urpo is a YA living in a modified Streamlet Single which he inherited from his grandpa Shandor. Urpo is a well mannered but irresponsible vegetarian who dreams of making money with his music and never having a real job. He is dating a karaoke singer called Maki Yamaguchi (townie). Usva is a teenager but also has a boyfriend, Jupiter Ratas. Her traits are outgoing and bro but she's also a quick learner. Jalo is still a child. He likes pastel colours and has neat trait.
    (Jalo), Usva, Urpo, Jarno & Unelma
    ztOyCyp.png

I kind of wanted to write about my other early families as well but realized there were too many and the family trees got tangled pretty fast. I never considered Marjanne my main sim, more like a test sim. It makes sense to mention her though because Jarno & Unelma with their family are very important to me. Also four of my twelve blog posts are about the sims above, that's kind of many :smiley:
    Post edited by musteni on
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    My first family is one I created myself. They began as the family for my O/C in the series in my Siggie. I brought them into Sims2, to be able to play out their lives better than you can in the confines of a novel. Plus, the novel is more focused on the O/C and what she's experiencing, with the Star Trek crew, of course. Here is a Sims4 image of them:

Gray-haired man in tuxedo is the Patriarch, Joseph Cantrell, his namesake on his right. The eldest son is the redhead in the forefront, Aaron. Son number two is the singer, Erik. Mom is the one wearing the furry neckline outfit from GF:
    US29A0T.jpg

This is my O/C as a teen with her baby brother:
    gFprO93.jpg

This is my O/C, her husband and identical twin sons:
    8AoDTu9.jpg

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    My first family is the Furystrykar household. I'd rather not type out the whole story, because it is long and complicated, but both the Furystrykars and Divines hail from Apaloosa Plains in TS3, with the newest member of the family bieng Wendy Furystrykar.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My first family in the original The Sims game? That was Henry and Helen McNill. I played them and their children Joseph and Lilliana for 15 years. I recreated them for the Sims 4 and Henry has since passed. I do have Mama Helen and her kids are a young adult and teen. I play on long lifespan and it is only one of my play files. I will have to decide which child I want to follow, but until she dies, Mama Helen is the house I play.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    My family is small and simple. I started playing a long, long time ago with some Sim I had created myself. Then I spotted Don Lothario for the first time at Chez Llama where he was the chef. From then on, I had to try and play as him, and as it turned out I could never let him go again.

Then vampires were released. Don met Caleb. They became fast friends. Caleb was suddenly everywhere that Don was, all the time. I then started new saves with Don just trying new things and stuff. Caleb became an outright stalker. So I caved at some point. I don't recall if romance between them developed autonomously or if I ended up giving it a small push. But I remember that no matter what new save I started playing as Don, Caleb would be at his door constantly and stalk him wherever he went posing as a vendor, a bartender, or a street musician. You name it. If Don happened to be in a relationship with someone else, Caleb would continue to show up all pouty-faced making me feel bad.

If they want to be together that badly and continuously across saves, then sure. Why not? It's sweet. They have been a couple in my games from about a week after the release of Vampires.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted