Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two of my sims are suddenly gay and in a relationship with each other

I was paying attention to another sim when I saw one do blow kiss interaction so I went to see what that was all about and it turns out she has has been building a romantic relationship with another one of my sims to the point they're lovebirds. They're not part of the same family, but knew each other and now live in the same house. Has this ever happened to you? At first I was thinking how to undo it, but I may just leave it the way it is

Comments

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    This has happened to me multiple times, usually it's because it was during a club gathering where 'be romantic' was a club activity or because one of the sims involved was Flirty. If it doesn't mess up the story I have planned I tend to just leave it that way, lol
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I've not had accidental gays yet (I actively make them gay, so HA!), but I have had weird romantic relationships pop up within households I hadn't played in a while. For instance, I have my one main family, the son, Jayden, married Alexander Goth. Peachy and all that. After their marriage, I went to another household to play around, and then basically bounced around to multiple other households for a good while. I kept seeing Jayden pop up in the city at festivals and events, and didn't think much of it. Eventually, when I worked back around to my main household again, Jayden now had this romantic endeavor with a random girl townie - all this while he's married to Alex. So yeah, I've had the reverse happen.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    In my very first game, I was trying to create a love triangle with a teen from my main household and his BFF since childhood with a female teen townie. I had all three at the BFF's house and was trying to have both boys flirt with her, but while managing the household adults, I went back to the teen boys to find the two of them flirting with each other and a lot of pink bar already, so they ended up together, and married with an adopted daughter. That's one of the best parts of this game, the random events that happen that can introduce the unexpected.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    One of the sims in my OP now also hates/dislikes three other sims for whatever reason. No idea why
  • Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    I wish my game does accidental gay couples..but it seems to think that is up to me lol
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I've not had accidental gays yet (I actively make them gay, so HA!), but I have had weird romantic relationships pop up within households I hadn't played in a while. For instance, I have my one main family, the son, Jayden, married Alexander Goth. Peachy and all that. After their marriage, I went to another household to play around, and then basically bounced around to multiple other households for a good while. I kept seeing Jayden pop up in the city at festivals and events, and didn't think much of it. Eventually, when I worked back around to my main household again, Jayden now had this romantic endeavor with a random girl townie - all this while he's married to Alex. So yeah, I've had the reverse happen.

Possibly met at the romance festival?
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I wish my game would give me random gays; that would be one of my favourite things!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I modded my game so that can't ever happen anymore. I am a traditionalist when it comes to that stuff I love the mod. It only allows for flirting with the opposite gender and is very much needed for to stop some of the random flirting. Same person made a mod that would only allow flirting with the same gender, so they catered to both preferences.
  • Options
    MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    I wish! I generally create non hetero relationships but my game rarely instigates any kind of romances without my control! My sims need to put themselves out there more lol.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Sooooo ... Back to the original topic, I haven’t seen this occurring randomly. And I’ve logged 150-ish hours in the game. I remember reading somewhere that sims have a hidden gender preference and that it is possible, but I’ve seen no evidence of it.

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Sooooo ... Back to the original topic, I haven’t seen this occurring randomly. And I’ve logged 150-ish hours in the game. I remember reading somewhere that sims have a hidden gender preference and that it is possible, but I’ve seen no evidence of it.

I haven't seen it much, either. My sims mostly stay on the path I set them on.

There is a hidden gender preference system though, so if you don't sort of point your sims far enough in the intended direction they might start experimenting.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Autonomous romances was more a thing in TS3 - with a disregard for gender. But if unplayed Sims do enchanting greets there is no telling who they'll end up with. Also, mods featuring story progression will create all sorts of couples. It's true that unplayed Sims will develop random friendships and enemyships that you'll come to learn of when you return to them. This is a thing.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I say roll with it and see where it goes. Maybe it's a passing fling, maybe not. The only time I've seen this sort of thing happen was when Catrina Lynx was trying to hit on one of my female sims. My sim rejected the advance in the end.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I've had it happen rarely but when it does I just roll with it or just use the nifty 'lets just be friends' interraction.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    That's not supposed to happen in the game, or so we were all assured.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Annie2008Annie2008 Posts: 108 Member
    I like variety with my sims, just like the real world.
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Lol, talk about a gay agenda. (kidding, kidding please don't at me but the opportunity was perfect).

In all seriousness, I haven't had this happen before. I'd be annoyed if it did, but I'd be annoyed if they were straight too. I don't care about friendships and want my Sims to take care of that on their own to some degree but the romance just has to work with my storylines. I don't want them involved with anyone else when they're supposed to be a loving loyal spouse. I often had this problem in TS3 where my married/dating Sims would go off and have affairs with someone and I'd be like "?! Excuse you? Who gave you permission?" 😂 I have had same sex roommates have whims to flirt with each other, but I don't really ever have romantic interactions of any sort happen unless I make them (again, that's how I like it, for reasons stated above).
  • Options
    PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    That happened to my Gen 1 heir when she was an elder still married to her husband (also an elder). She had dated guys her whole life. And yet, during a trip to the city, I found her chatting it up (romantically) with a lady on a bench. A different sort of love seems to run in this family I've found (and I've played into it because...well, it's a story). Gen 2 has two kids (now Adult & YA), the eldest brother discovering he was gay as he became a young adult and the youngest brother hitting on various ages, including an elder in...the city. Careful going to the city, kids...apparently it's a wild time. ;D
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    Lol, talk about a gay agenda. (kidding, kidding please don't at me but the opportunity was perfect).

In all seriousness, I haven't had this happen before. I'd be annoyed if it did, but I'd be annoyed if they were straight too. I don't care about friendships and want my Sims to take care of that on their own to some degree but the romance just has to work with my storylines. I don't want them involved with anyone else when they're supposed to be a loving loyal spouse. I often had this problem in TS3 where my married/dating Sims would go off and have affairs with someone and I'd be like "?! Excuse you? Who gave you permission?" 😂 I have had same sex roommates have whims to flirt with each other, but I don't really ever have romantic interactions of any sort happen unless I make them (again, that's how I like it, for reasons stated above).

I had someone's boyfriend autonomously flirt with another female sim I made in another family right in front of his girlfriend (who is the sister of the sim he was flirting with)
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I always assumed there was some sort of algorithm in place for that. The sims, other than outward appearance, seem rather gender neutral. I'm thinking they are programmed with the "If not x then y." argument in mind. The game checks for gender preference (meaning previous romantic leanings) and if none is present then it does a random roll on whether to initiate romance in that current situation? I could be completely wrong, and it might not be that at all, but its what makes sense to me.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm not sure if there's a hidden setting or not. I had one Sim who'd had eight boyfriends suddenly show interest in a girl at a bar. Of course, the next time they met up, they got in a spat and the romance bar went in the red. Go figure.

One thing I did appreciate was that when I stated my Sim was Unflirty, she never autonomously flirted with anyone. For me, that was an important part of her character and the game seemed to go with it.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited February 2019
    This is not anything strange to occur. It has happened a few times for me as well. I dont see it as a big deal.

I also have hetero couples go on double dates or even married people that autonomously flirt with the other's partner right in front of everyone. I think it only seems like a big deal or something to write about because its same sex.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited February 2019
    I have never seen this happen over the course of the 4779 hours I have put into the game thus far. In fact, the only time that I have ever seen a non-played sim begin a romantic relationship with a sim of any gender is when I encouraged one to seek another out via dialogue.
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Yeah for some reason in my experience Sims tend to lean to the same gender. Idk guess overpopulation won't be a concern there.
    maybe @luxsylvan is right
    soko37 wrote: »
    This is not anything strange to occur. It has happened a few times for me as well. I dont see it as a big deal.

I also have hetero couples go on double dates or even married people that autonomously flirt with the other's partner right in front of everyone. I think it only seems like a big deal or something to write about because its same sex.

Probably just surprised there isn't a gender preference coded in, hence suddenly gay
    EMrBkJP.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top