Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the sims 5 in 2019?!

i am curious if the sims 5 is in development and where or if i can get any further information reguarding this...

Comments

• Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    It may or may not be in development, but if it is being worked on, it won't be out for the next 2-3 years at the earliest.

Sims 4 has "years" of future content.

Source: SimGurus on Twitter

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    It may or may not be in development, but if it is being worked on, it won't be out for the next 2-3 years at the earliest.

Sims 4 has "years" of future content.

Source: SimGurus on Twitter

Thank Goodness cause Sims 4 is still missing a lot of content.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Do we REALLY need 3-4 more years of Sims 4? How about just 1 or maybe 2 more years,then move on to Sims 5? All the missing content can easily be put into GPs and EPs,which can give Sims 4 at least 1 more year to another 6 months in 2019-2020,then it's time to pull the plug and move on.So many people are waiting for Sims 5 to come out,and EA needs to start thinking about when to release Sims 5. With all the problems not being addressed in Sims 4 and all the bugs being caused by patches,I just don't see how it will even last 3 more years.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Do we REALLY need 3-4 more years of Sims 4? How about just 1 or maybe 2 more years,then move on to Sims 5? All the missing content can easily be put into GPs and EPs,which can give Sims 4 at least 1 more year to another 6 months in 2019-2020,then it's time to pull the plug and move on.So many people are waiting for Sims 5 to come out,and EA needs to start thinking about when to release Sims 5. With all the problems not being addressed in Sims 4 and all the bugs being caused by patches,I just don't see how it will even last 3 more years.

I would much rather see a new base game myself, too. I miss when The Sims used to be designed as an actual life simulator game, rather than a "time management" uninspired mess of a game.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

If Sims 5 hasn't started production yet, there's no way they'd have it ready in a year -- look at all the stuff that was missing in the Sims 4 base game because they ran out of time (real babies instead of objects, toddlers, pools, ghosts, etc.). I want them to get as much time as needed to get the base game right the first time. That means no leaving out age stages or having stages undefined (I want a difference between YAs and adults that's more than just wrinkles, and teens that don't feel like mini-YAs), and a more complete feeling BG experience. I really didn't consider the BG to be complete until we got toddlers patched in January 2017.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Honestly I don't even want to think about Sims 5 until the end of 2020. Sims 4 needs a lot more content.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Great insight @Pegasys -- as I've said, the base game wasn't really complete until we got toddlers in January 2017, so the game was in a bit of "arrested development" until those were patched in. At the bare minimum we need University and more supernaturals (preferably witches but I know others have their fans as well). Other packs have been suggested as well -- farming, "off the grid" ecoliving, superheroes, etc. We could see continued upgrades in some of the base game features, for example when they patched photography skill and cameras into the base game instead of being GTW only.

Sims at its heart has been in general a casual game -- by casual I mean noncompetitive; you're not trying to make it to the top of a leaderboard against other players. It's up to the player to determine what packs their computer can handle and what they can't. EA could set the requirements really high and alienate much of their fan base -- or they can keep them within range of most computer specs but warn there might be performance issues the more packs you add. Lack of open world and CASt might be related to that performance issue.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Great insight @Pegasys -- as I've said, the base game wasn't really complete until we got toddlers in January 2017, so the game was in a bit of "arrested development" until those were patched in. At the bare minimum we need University and more supernaturals (preferably witches but I know others have their fans as well). Other packs have been suggested as well -- farming, "off the grid" ecoliving, superheroes, etc. We could see continued upgrades in some of the base game features, for example when they patched photography skill and cameras into the base game instead of being GTW only.

Sims at its heart has been in general a casual game -- by casual I mean noncompetitive; you're not trying to make it to the top of a leaderboard against other players. It's up to the player to determine what packs their computer can handle and what they can't. EA could set the requirements really high and alienate much of their fan base -- or they can keep them within range of most computer specs but warn there might be performance issues the more packs you add. Lack of open world and CASt might be related to that performance issue.

Sims 3's open world and CaSt are confirmed to be responsible for over 90% of all the Problems Sims 3 had, including lag, crashes, long loading screens. (Never read about less than 5 minutes. When I had it installed, I had to wait a solid 2 hours just to enter the game. From what I read so far on feedback, 15-20 minutes of loading screen is what you could expect on average.)
    That was also the reason why they didn't do it in Sims 4.
    If Sims 5 was to re-introduce that again, avoiding the problems Sims 3 had, I agree that we'll have to wait at least another 5 years so technology can catch up to what the game needs to be able to do.
    A lot of people talk like Sims 4 was released with all the sims having a bladder need, but no toilets, so sims have to constantly pee themselves and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Or if those "Missing pieces of content" were just as basic and important. Some wait for the "Toilet patch", others think that it is confirmed that it won't come and want Sims 5 because they hope that it will have "Toilets".
  • Options
    yowutupdoeyowutupdoe Posts: 18 Member
    I think that having a sims 5 is to really pointless the sims 4 could be the sims 5 by updating the game itself. to add to that the sims 4 has a bunch of new updates and packs coming so y make a new sims game when the new sims game is right in front of u
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    wow thats a long wait time your a true fan if you wait for two hours for the game to start I have sims2 3 and 4and I know I couldn't wait that long to play
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    wow thats a long wait time your a true fan if you wait for two hours for the game to start I have sims2 3 and 4and I know I couldn't wait that long to play

It was really annoying having to wait two hours and sometimes more for the game to start.
    What I did was click on the game and go AFK after that, buying some food or doing some chores or watching a movie or reading a bit before returning to the game ready to play. That way, I at least wasn't sitting in front of the screen getting bored forever.
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    The Sims gurus and EA have stated that The Sims 5 is entirely dependent on how well The Sims 4 (and its add-ons) sold, and so far, it isn't doing anywhere near as well as its 3 predecessors for myriad reasons (not finished at launch, boring to play, unfixed bugs, etc.). There may not be another The Sims, based on sales of The Sims 4. The trademarked name, The Sims 5, has been purchased, but that means nothing. If EA decides this is the end for The Sims franchise, then that will be that. With this being the longest running iteration of the game thus far, I'd say they may just keep putting out a bit of content for TS4 for awhile, and you will never see a TS5.
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    It was really annoying having to wait two hours and sometimes more for the game to start.
    What I did was click on the game and go AFK after that, buying some food or doing some chores or watching a movie or reading a bit before returning to the game ready to play. That way, I at least wasn't sitting in front of the screen getting bored forever.

Sounds like a computer problem to me. The only time I had to wait that long to load was in TS2 because you had to download recolors for every object, making your CC file enormous. To this day TS3 loads in maybe 5 minutes. TS2 (which I don't even have installed anymore) took hours. Of course, I refuse to play games on laptop (I don't care what anybody says, they're NOT built for gaming), and have a pretty beefy desktop computer. I will say that with every add-on to TS3 you needed more memory because it had a horrendous memory leak that would eventually suck up all CPU time, and crash the game, but it took hours of play to get to that point.

• Options
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »
    The Sims gurus and EA have stated that The Sims 5 is entirely dependent on how well The Sims 4 (and its add-ons) sold, and so far, it isn't doing anywhere near as well as its 3 predecessors for myriad reasons (not finished at launch, boring to play, unfixed bugs, etc.). There may not be another The Sims, based on sales of The Sims 4. The trademarked name, The Sims 5, has been purchased, but that means nothing. If EA decides this is the end for The Sims franchise, then that will be that. With this being the longest running iteration of the game thus far, I'd say they may just keep putting out a bit of content for TS4 for awhile, and you will never see a TS5.

While I wouldn't be mad in the slightest if Sims 5 never came, I highly doubt that Sims 4 is doing that bad.
    I don't know anything about the US sales, but Sims 4 was the top-selling game in Germany in 2018 and in Switzerland, it has been Nr 1. best selling game constantly every month almost since release.
    With sales like that in Germany and Switzerland, it can't be that much of a financial disaster.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member

While I wouldn't be mad in the slightest if Sims 5 never came, I highly doubt that Sims 4 is doing that bad.
    I don't know anything about the US sales, but Sims 4 was the top-selling game in Germany in 2018 and in Switzerland, it has been Nr 1. best selling game constantly every month almost since release.
    With sales like that in Germany and Switzerland, it can't be that much of a financial disaster.

My question is where people get the sales information from anyways. From what I understand no solid sales information was ever released besides vague statements like "Cats and Dogs is the best selling EP to date," but besides that there was never any information given out to come to the conclusion that the Sims 4 is a financial failure comparing it to the previous games. What we can say for sure is that Sims 4 is an evolving game specifically with its player base, taking into account that a statement was released around the release of Cats and Dogs saying the player base grew around 35% since the games initial release.
    Source: https://simsvip.com/2018/01/30/ea-earnings-call-sims-4-delivered-highest-performing-ep-quarter/

A growing player base likely means growing sales, meaning Sims 4 is profitable enough for them to continue developing for the game for a couple more years, possibly more. This is just speculation of course but it's the only reasonable conclusion I come to regarding these statements. To add on to this whole sales topic, back in 2016 some other vague statements by some of the gurus suggest that the Sims 4 has sold approximately five million copies, but was also the best selling game of 2014 and 2015 according to the ESA, closing in on Sims 2 and 3 lifetime sales in just two years of its initial release, Sims 2 selling about six million copies during its development, and Sims 3 closer to eight million sales respectively.
    Source: https://simsvip.com/2016/06/12/sims-4-base-game-breaks-5-million-copies-sold/

So if what @Armilus616 is saying is true regarding Sims 4 sales impacting a possible Sims 5, then from what my understanding of the information we have available, Sims 5 is for sure to come at some point in the future, but I doubt it will come anytime soon, considering they have content planned for the next couple years, again, if not more.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited January 2019
    Sims 5 should have open world and create a style. I could care less about open world myself, but I know im not in the majority. But I have to have create a style in Sims 5...or....I will absolutely not buy it. Because I can already have those same limitations in Sims 4. There will literally be no reason for me to "upgrade" to a new base game without the ability to change colors & patterns of furniture/objects/wallpapers/hair/eyes. If it could be done in 2009, it should certainly be done for Sims 5. I cant truly express my creativity in build mode, without createAStyle!!!

Having said that, I am not anticipating sims 5. I enjoy Sims 4 enough to keep me busy.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    filipomel wrote: »

My question is where people get the sales information from anyways. From what I understand no solid sales information was ever released besides vague statements like "Cats and Dogs is the best selling EP to date," but besides that there was never any information given out to come to the conclusion that the Sims 4 is a financial failure comparing it to the previous games. What we can say for sure is that Sims 4 is an evolving game specifically with its player base, taking into account that a statement was released around the release of Cats and Dogs saying the player base grew around 35% since the games initial release.
    Source: https://simsvip.com/2018/01/30/ea-earnings-call-sims-4-delivered-highest-performing-ep-quarter/

A growing player base likely means growing sales, meaning Sims 4 is profitable enough for them to continue developing for the game for a couple more years, possibly more. This is just speculation of course but it's the only reasonable conclusion I come to regarding these statements. To add on to this whole sales topic, back in 2016 some other vague statements by some of the gurus suggest that the Sims 4 has sold approximately five million copies, but was also the best selling game of 2014 and 2015 according to the ESA, closing in on Sims 2 and 3 lifetime sales in just two years of its initial release, Sims 2 selling about six million copies during its development, and Sims 3 closer to eight million sales respectively.
    Source: https://simsvip.com/2016/06/12/sims-4-base-game-breaks-5-million-copies-sold/

So if what @Armilus616 is saying is true regarding Sims 4 sales impacting a possible Sims 5, then from what my understanding of the information we have available, Sims 5 is for sure to come at some point in the future, but I doubt it will come anytime soon, considering they have content planned for the next couple years, again, if not more.

Information about Sims 4 being the top selling game in 2018 in Germany was in a German gaming magazine.
    And in Switzerland, some stores have top ten lists of what games or movies are currently selling the best. You might think that it would be for the specific store, but the charts are identical across stores, even when run by entirely different companies.
    Since Sims 4 came out (Well, it took a few weeks to get there, but once it got there, it stayed) it has been consistently at the Nr.1 spot in this top 10 chart. Never once dropped, not even during releases of big, overhyped games. At least not that I noticed.
    I assume that every time a DLC for Sims 4 is bought, it counts as a purchase of Sims 4 in that system of counting, but still.

Information like that, if I may add, I believe to be more relieable that a tweet from a SimGuru.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    i am curious if the sims 5 is in development and where or if i can get any further information reguarding this...

I hope it is and I hope to hear any news from EA not just rumor and speculations regarding the Sims 5. There will be Sims 5, that's I am sure, but when it will be ? That's the thing that I want to find out. :)
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2019

Sims 3's open world and CaSt are confirmed to be responsible for over 90% of all the Problems Sims 3 had, including lag, crashes, long loading screens. (Never read about less than 5 minutes. When I had it installed, I had to wait a solid 2 hours just to enter the game. From what I read so far on feedback, 15-20 minutes of loading screen is what you could expect on average.)
    If Sims 5 was to re-introduce that again, avoiding the problems Sims 3 had, I agree that we'll have to wait at least another 5 years so technology can catch up to what the game needs to be able to do.
    A lot of people talk like Sims 4 was released with all the sims having a bladder need, but no toilets, so sims have to constantly pee themselves and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Or if those "Missing pieces of content" were just as basic and important. Some wait for the "Toilet patch", others think that it is confirmed that it won't come and want Sims 5 because they hope that it will have "Toilets".

A 2 hour wait to enter TS3 means there was a mod problem. It's unfortunate that TS3 is often blamed for issues that were caused by mods. If not mods, there was something seriously wrong with that computer.

The longest wait I remember was about 20-40 minutes. I didn't realize for months that it was my mods. And sometimes a save would get so corrupted from the mods that even removing them didn't help much.
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

A 2 hour wait to enter TS3 means there was a mod problem. It's unfortunate that TS3 is often blamed for issues that were caused by mods. If not mods, there was something seriously wrong with that computer.

That is possible. I can't check as I don't have that computer anymore.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    filipomel wrote: »

Information about Sims 4 being the top selling game in 2018 in Germany was in a German gaming magazine.
    And in Switzerland, some stores have top ten lists of what games or movies are currently selling the best. You might think that it would be for the specific store, but the charts are identical across stores, even when run by entirely different companies.
    Since Sims 4 came out (Well, it took a few weeks to get there, but once it got there, it stayed) it has been consistently at the Nr.1 spot in this top 10 chart. Never once dropped, not even during releases of big, overhyped games. At least not that I noticed.
    I assume that every time a DLC for Sims 4 is bought, it counts as a purchase of Sims 4 in that system of counting, but still.

Information like that, if I may add, I believe to be more relieable that a tweet from a SimGuru.

That’s very interesting, taking a look at the best selling PC games on the Canadian Amazon website, Sims 4 is the best selling game as of now, so the game is clearly successful here in Canada.
  • Options
    karsa8585karsa8585 Posts: 3 New Member
    The Sims 5 CONFIRMED!

The Sims 5 tab right there this is literally news about the Sims 5. So recently Maxis / EA are hiring a new character modeler ok. If you don’t know what that means it’s someone who models characters like for games or you know and really how ever. They do it they model characters create avatars create different game styles right Maxis.

Is looking for a character modeler for an exciting new game in the best-selling Sims franchise now this they don’t need a character modeler for like an expansion pack. They really don’t unless they are coming up with a like brand new thing. They’re gonna introduce dinosaurs into the game they do not need a character modeler for the Sims 4. Alright do you have excellent modeling and texturing abilities do you have a passion for creating real world fashion in a 3D game.
  • Options
    karsa8585 wrote: »
    The Sims 5 CONFIRMED!

The Sims 5 tab right there this is literally news about the Sims 5. So recently Maxis / EA are hiring a new character modeler ok. If you don’t know what that means it’s someone who models characters like for games or you know and really how ever. They do it they model characters create avatars create different game styles right Maxis.

Is looking for a character modeler for an exciting new game in the best-selling Sims franchise now this they don’t need a character modeler for like an expansion pack. They really don’t unless they are coming up with a like brand new thing. They’re gonna introduce dinosaurs into the game they do not need a character modeler for the Sims 4. Alright do you have excellent modeling and texturing abilities do you have a passion for creating real world fashion in a 3D game.

If they look for one right now, this means they will be working on the game at least for another two years. At the VERY least.
  • Options
    SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    Im sure they started working on sims 5 since last year. Round about july– october they started. We will only notice this by more dead months and less patches. Their team may be split right now. A greater portion is working on sims 5 and some work on sims4. I also think they worked alot in advance for sims 4.
    Maybe the sims4 team is bigger right now but more snd more people will prob sent over in time they are needed.
    Atleast thats what I think whats going on right now.

I hope they take their time to release a polished sim game. But I really hope sims 5 is far far away....