Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Drive-ways In Get Famous?

Maybe I'm late to the party, but I just started playing my sim in the new hood that came with just famous and I couldn't help but notice how many cars are ALL over. I then realized there was the perfectly paved spot for a car (The ones in TS2 looked JUST like these) in one of the pre-made houses there. I think we MIGHT actually be getting cars and vehicles soon. Maybe. But who knows.

1jYcsrB.png

Comments

• Options
    mikaelahollymikaelaholly Posts: 46 Member
    I love the driveways that lead into the lots in Mirage Park (well, I think just one lot but still!) Maybe one day we won't have to place upsized toy cars and can place real cars :)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I sure hope so poofing destroys this game for me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    I can't wait for cars, but I've never played the sims 2 so idk how they are going to work but I'm excited to find out.
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I doubt it. They get carried away making these worlds, the dressing is rarely anything more than props. Given the responses to transportation in the past, I would be surprised to get cars at all. They designed the game without them, adding them on now really doesn’t make much sense. An interactive lawn piece isn’t quite what cars were for in Sims 1-3.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I hope to see cars too. Like you, I think the driveways might be a clue, just like they had clues for toddlers....in Windenburg, they had a sign that to me looked like a no toddler sign, and in dineout, they had a bottle on one of the restaurant pieces. I wish we could get several modes of transportation. I wish school buses would come back for children and teens. I of course want to see cars. It might even be fun if they made an airport your sims could go to to fly.... lol. I would like to see motorcycles, bicycles, skateboards.m, and houseboats. Maybe we could have a mechanic career again, and tinkering with and selling cars. I think it would be cool to see a gas station (maybe you could own) as well. I think it would be fun to be able to create a gas station and a car wash. If they make it retail we could sell/buy food there (like a fasttrip..... potato chips, candy, fountain drinks, hot dogs. We could even set up trinkets and things to sell there as well.) They could have a mechanic shop with tools, hydronic lift et. Sell cans of oil, tires and things like that..... I know I’m dreaming, but, it’s fun to dream... lol
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I hate it, three drives on one lot :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I use that house a lot at the moment so I can see what you’re referring to, but I think it’s just some decoration to add on to the house a little bit.
    I guess only the person at EA who built that particular house would know for sure what that’s for...
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I use that house a lot at the moment so I can see what you’re referring to, but I think it’s just some decoration to add on to the house a little bit.
    I guess only the person at EA who built that particular house would know for sure what that’s for...

it looks odd to have three drives on one lot, the others don't have any at all but this large residential as three.
    i mean its like a community drive for the three houses on the street lol

W9UHjEN.png

This town is not just small but is so poorly done,

two lounges
    a park
    gym
    museum

nothing particularly special about any of the community lots. base game venues.

boring,

• Options
    emilysemilys Posts: 24 Member
    > @marcel21 said:
    > AriaMad2 wrote: »
    >
    > I use that house a lot at the moment so I can see what you’re referring to, but I think it’s just some decoration to add on to the house a little bit.
    > I guess only the person at EA who built that particular house would know for sure what that’s for...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > it looks odd to have three drives on one lot, the others don't have any at all but this large residential as three.
    > i mean its like a community drive for the three houses on the street lol
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This town is not just small but is so poorly done,
    >
    > two lounges
    > a park
    > gym
    > museum
    >
    > nothing particularly special about any of the community lots. base game venues.
    >
    > boring,

I like the three lots! Made me build townhomes. I do agree, GF came with less space than I wished...where's my New Newcrest at? I need more space!
    Ratpicklerick.png
  • Options
    spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    AriaMad2 wrote: »

it looks odd to have three drives on one lot, the others don't have any at all but this large residential as three.
    i mean its like a community drive for the three houses on the street lol

W9UHjEN.png

This town is not just small but is so poorly done,

two lounges
    a park
    gym
    museum

nothing particularly special about any of the community lots. base game venues.

boring,

Apparently they decided to stop introducing new lot types for lot traits ... which I think is kind of silly because the system is now lacking in both areas! They should upgrade it, seriously.
  • Options
    emilys wrote: »
    > @marcel21 said:
    > AriaMad2 wrote: »
    >
    > I use that house a lot at the moment so I can see what you’re referring to, but I think it’s just some decoration to add on to the house a little bit.
    > I guess only the person at EA who built that particular house would know for sure what that’s for...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > it looks odd to have three drives on one lot, the others don't have any at all but this large residential as three.
    > i mean its like a community drive for the three houses on the street lol
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This town is not just small but is so poorly done,
    >
    > two lounges
    > a park
    > gym
    > museum
    >
    > nothing particularly special about any of the community lots. base game venues.
    >
    > boring,

I like the three lots! Made me build townhomes. I do agree, GF came with less space than I wished...where's my New Newcrest at? I need more space!

Maybe I'm late to the party, but I just started playing my sim in the new hood that came with just famous and I couldn't help but notice how many cars are ALL over. I then realized there was the perfectly paved spot for a car (The ones in TS2 looked JUST like these) in one of the pre-made houses there. I think we MIGHT actually be getting cars and vehicles soon. Maybe. But who knows.

1jYcsrB.png

we need proper roads first.