Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you usually use the terrain tools? And how often?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I haven't used them yet on anything I've kept. I use to be the flatten the lot first then build what I want. I might never use them but glad those that wanted them got them.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I haven’t really used them since I’m trying to get a hang of them still. I’ll probably use them once I get better at using them.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited January 2019
    I usually just make the ground a little uneven all round. This house I attempted to work on lower terrain W7uP6CP.png
    Still a work in progress and already run into troubles, apparently rotating the lot it can't do because it doesn't have a 'room'? and the lower ground does not rotate with the lot so getting frustrated with it this way.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited January 2019
    Wardell wrote: »
    How you any of you use them it not out yet? From what ive read

It is for PC but I don't think it has for consoles.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I tried it out when it was introduced and played around with it, but I'm just never happy with the result and end up flattening the lot after a while. So no, I don't use it anymore.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited January 2019
    Honnestly it doesn't look that bad to have hills.
    M2KoFvO.png
    9TzsFBe.png
    BeARf7A.png
    sJWCzG5.png
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited January 2019
    I like using it to create layers for fancy stairs. I obviously also use it a lot in parks and natural lots as it adds a lot more realism and appeal.
  • Options
    XannWhitefireXannWhitefire Posts: 12 New Member
    On small lots I rarely use it and if I do it’s very subtle I have made a few mansions on a hill using the bigger lots so I could taper it back down before reaching the edges of the lot. Still not very good at using them but I’m trying to push myself to try different techniques with them to see what works and what doesn’t.