Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expensive toilets break.

Spent $4,000 on the golden toilet and fully upgraded it but always broke. Replaced it with the $1,800 and fully graded it no issues. So why spend more money on nicer stuff if it breaks more often. Just wondering.

Comments

• Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    It's because there aren't any toilets that can be upgraded to be unbreakable.
    They only ever have that Superior Flush upgrade, which just reduces how often it breaks, but doesn't make it unbreakable. (except the Talking Toilet from City Living, at least)

So the only way to get an unbreakable toilet is usually to get one that already starts out unbreakable.

But anyways I guess the answer would be "aesthetic".
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Everything in my Sims' house is either unbreakable or has been upgraded to unbreakable, with the exception of the shower and the 'alien' computer from the Science career. Those can only be upgraded to break less, but since they're the only things that can break, both do so about once a week. (IMO, things break more often if you have a Sim working on their handiness skill. It's as if the game is giving you more opportunities to work on that skill.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I always use the Sweet Escape toilet for that reason. (I think that's the unbreakable one)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Everything in my Sims' house is either unbreakable or has been upgraded to unbreakable, with the exception of the shower and the 'alien' computer from the Science career. Those can only be upgraded to break less, but since they're the only things that can break, both do so about once a week. (IMO, things break more often if you have a Sim working on their handiness skill. It's as if the game is giving you more opportunities to work on that skill.)

Speaking of the handiness skill, I miss that one handiness-related bonus in Sims 3, where you could earn the ability where whatever that Sim repairs was then made unbreakable, allowing even things that couldn't be upgraded to become unbreakable, to become unbreakable.
  • Options
    CeyllynnCeyllynn Posts: 25 Member
    > @Iyasenu said:
    > It's because there aren't any toilets that can be upgraded to be unbreakable.
    > They only ever have that Superior Flush upgrade, which just reduces how often it breaks, but doesn't make it unbreakable. (except the Talking Toilet from City Living, at least)
    >
    > So the only way to get an unbreakable toilet is usually to get one that already starts out unbreakable.
    >
    > But anyways I guess the answer would be "aesthetic".

that toilet is breakable.. repaired it today, the electronics blew.
  • Options
    Ceyllynn wrote: »
    > Iyasenu said:
    > It's because there aren't any toilets that can be upgraded to be unbreakable.
    > They only ever have that Superior Flush upgrade, which just reduces how often it breaks, but doesn't make it unbreakable. (except the Talking Toilet from City Living, at least)
    >
    > So the only way to get an unbreakable toilet is usually to get one that already starts out unbreakable.
    >
    > But anyways I guess the answer would be "aesthetic".

that toilet is breakable.. repaired it today, the electronics blew.
    @Ceyllynn
    There should be upgrades to make it so that both the electronics AND the plumbing don't break.

Plumbing breakage for the talking toilet is handled by the "Titanium Pipes" upgrade, which stops plumbing breakage.

As for the electronics, after you upgrade the "Deuce Core Processor" to reduce the chance of electronic breakage, a new upgrade appears called "Advanced Operating Software" which prevents electric breakage altogether.