Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous questions please!!

Ok, question for you all. I have all the expansion packs and I love "Get Famous". I started a new family when I downloaded GF. I loved one of the celebrity houses, so I started my story out that the parents of my single mom left were celebrities and left the house to them when they were killed. Now she is married to another woman. Before she got married she had a child and adopted a toddler. Now her child is a young adult and wants to act too. If I move her out of the house will she still go to interviews and gigs if I don't make her? Does anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    No.

(post body count too short)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    If you move her into a home of her own you have to play her for her to go on interviews and gigs. She will freeze in the job you put her in until you play her again. She will not lose or gain fame.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hulk_235Hulk_235 Posts: 2 New Member
    Question, new player that just went all out on the expansions, I just made a new game in willow creek with a household of 7 but I only play as one them and use the rest as a selfcaring family in the background. I joined the acting career with my main sim but when time for audition came it didnt give me the option to join the sim and his block is grayed out saying Care for self. Meanwhile the camera just stayed with the rest of the family I dont want to play as. Is having a household of more than 1 the issue? Help
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,623 Member
    No. I had the same problem. Seems the 'audition' is a rabbit hole, however, if your Sim gets the gig, then you get to follow along. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    TheaRVTheaRV Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, so I'm not 100% sure where to post this, but I'll give this thread a try.

So I've had the Get Famous expansion for a while now, and I am loving it! I have one sim I've taken to the top of the actor career, and there's just one thing that bugs me. In the promo pics and stuff one thing that really stood out to me were the acting costumes that look like something out of France in the 1700s, and yet I can't get a gig where my sim can wear them! I've done every single gig and tried every talent agency and yet there's no gig with those costumes. I see extras wear the mens costume on set, they're also in the background for my main page and I've unlocked the costumes using clothing cheats, but why aren't they a part of the acting gigs???

Has anyone else wondered about this and if so, what's the deal?? Thanks!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think it's pretty random -- I got the soap commercial (like the one shown in the trailer) and my Sim was a pirate, but I'm playing a male Sim so not sure if that makes a difference. My main goal for the save is to unlock all the career outfits, then I'll have the family start some clothing shops (including a costume shop with the GF and Spooky Stuff outfits) where my other Sims can purchase the items anyway so it doesn't matter too much what my Sims wear for the gigs.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Hulk_235 wrote: »
    Question, new player that just went all out on the expansions, I just made a new game in willow creek with a household of 7 but I only play as one them and use the rest as a selfcaring family in the background. I joined the acting career with my main sim but when time for audition came it didnt give me the option to join the sim and his block is grayed out saying Care for self. Meanwhile the camera just stayed with the rest of the family I dont want to play as. Is having a household of more than 1 the issue? Help

Auditions are rabbit hole activities -- you don't get to follow your Sim to the audition, just the actual gig when they pass the audition. If you don't want to play another family member, just hit the Super Speed (3 button on keyboard) until the Sim returns from the audition.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    However, you only need to play her when signing up for the audition, you don't need to play her for the audition. When I played other houses, my acting sim went to audition and got the job without my help - she was already signed up for it though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg