Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The gallery is awful

More than theee quarters of what’s in it doesn’t load for me. I get the red X, can’t locate this item or an infinite spinning circle. Stuff that has loaded has to reload if you scroll away from it which causes the whole problem all over again. Plus it lags the mouse to unplayable levels. At least Sims 3’s Exchange worked as it should. What can I do about this?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes the gallery has been buggy. Hopefully once the gurus get back it gets fixed. You should let @SimGuruNick on Twitter know.
  • Options
    UtauIAUtauIA Posts: 28 Member
    In-game gallery or the one on the sims site? The in-game gallery has a lot of problems searching, but the website one does a little better. You can always check both if you're looking for something specific (user, build, etc)
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    UtauIA wrote: »
    In-game gallery or the one on the sims site? The in-game gallery has a lot of problems searching, but the website one does a little better. You can always check both if you're looking for something specific (user, build, etc)

The in game one. Didn’t know there was one on the website. Disabling antivirus while I use the gallery seemed to fix it

• Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    It has been online and then offine for several time. Don't know why.
  • Options
    The search options never work right with mine. I ask it to search for the packs that I have only and yet others still come up :frowning:
  • Options
    ohSnapohSnap Posts: 66 Member
    The search options never work right with mine. I ask it to search for the packs that I have only and yet others still come up :frowning:

Same happens to me.
    Or I'll search for a hashtag or a creator or a lot that I know exists and it tells me nothing matches.
  • Options
    MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    ohSnap wrote: »

Same happens to me.
    Or I'll search for a hashtag or a creator or a lot that I know exists and it tells me nothing matches.

I have both of these issues.

Also, when I try searching by hashtag, all the suggestions that come up are misspelled.

IlcVsxR.png

In what universe am I purposefully hitting up #brinbletonbay for stuff to download?
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • Options
    tasha053109tasha053109 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm quite new to the Sims 4 and the gallery and I find it hard work sometimes. I always filter by the expansion and game packs that I actually own, but even then it still shows me content that includes stuff from packs that I don't yet own. Most annoying!
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I can't even sign in to the website gallery - I click to sign in and the page automatically reloads and I'm still not signed in. Same for origin.com. I've had EA advisors tell me to clear my system's DNS cache, use CC cleaner and a bunch of other things, all to no avail. I've given up now.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    MakoSims wrote: »

Same happens to me.

Also, when I try searching by hashtag, all the suggestions that come up are misspelled.

IlcVsxR.png

In what universe am I purposefully hitting up #brinbletonbay for stuff to download?

I'm pretty sure those tags are misspelled by users. I guess enough people misspelled their tags in that exact way so that it shows up as suggested.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    MakoSims wrote: »

Same happens to me.

IlcVsxR.png

I'm pretty sure those tags are misspelled by users. I guess enough people misspelled their tags in that exact way so that it shows up as suggested.
    aSE16f8.gif