Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite Objects Option.

When I was building today, I noticed that with the addition of more and more packs (and stuff) it can be quite difficult to find the objects you use very frequently.

It can be a pain to scroll through a complete list of objects (especially decor items you don't exactly know the name of) to find the stuff you need.

So, I came up with an idea to make things a bit more easy.

Wouldn't it be a neat idea to make it so that players can 'favorite' items in the build/buy catalogue so that they can end up in a special 'Favorites' category so people can find them easier?

A lot of times I am using the same items in my builds anyway, so it would be a cool feature to add imo.

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    This is a great idea! Even better, give us back the ability to make collections and add things to a collection of our choice, like we had in TS3. Basically the same as "Favorites" except you can have multiple favorite categories.

TS4 is the first sims game with a search feature...which is SO awesome and was much needed for the franchise, just a shame that along with it we lost a feature like the favorites. The two combined would make finding things always a breeze.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    that's a neat idea! especially if it can cross/combine with pre-existing categories, so you could have your favs in each section!
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    When I was building today, I noticed that with the addition of more and more packs (and stuff) it can be quite difficult to find the objects you use very frequently.

It can be a pain to scroll through a complete list of objects (especially decor items you don't exactly know the name of) to find the stuff you need.

So, I came up with an idea to make things a bit more easy.

Wouldn't it be a neat idea to make it so that players can 'favorite' items in the build/buy catalogue so that they can end up in a special 'Favorites' category so people can find them easier?

A lot of times I am using the same items in my builds anyway, so it would be a cool feature to add imo.
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    This is a great idea! Even better, give us back the ability to make collections and add things to a collection of our choice, like we had in TS3. Basically the same as "Favorites" except you can have multiple favorite categories.

TS4 is the first sims game with a search feature...which is SO awesome and was much needed for the franchise, just a shame that along with it we lost a feature like the favorites. The two combined would make finding things always a breeze.

Both of those ideas are awesome. You can have your go-tos like the nightlight to keep the monsters under the bed away, and then a collection of your favorite floors, doors, and windows. The could add it under the sort in "content". Like "Favorited content" "Saved Collections ".
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    I like the idea of the favorites collection @rudy8292

I enjoy using the more rustic items that are coming out in the expansions, some of which are difficult to find if I can't remember the name of them. Favorites* would totally resolve that issue.

I also would like to see the option of placing stairs diagonal to the grid, and just more stairs in general. I think it would be realistic to have different structural patterns for staircases, rather than just straight up and down. As someone who focuses 90% of their time on Sims in build mode, that would be a huge advancement.

Thanks for listening - MAC-Design