Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fun Way to Play a Klepto

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    My sim wanting to steal stuff but there are too many people around...

With my klepto Sim I found the best time to steal stuff from the Museums and Libraries is between Midnight to around 7 a.m. The Librarian and other Sims usually leave around that time and don't show up again until 7-8 a.m. I don't know about other venues though. I imagine Night clubs, Bars, Lounges always have people around. Cafes, Restaurants, Parks are catch-as-catch-can. Parks are usually abandoned around 11-12 midnight too until morning.

But I've seen some Sims there, mostly Vampires. Surprisingly, a few teens too. Go to bed kids! lol I'm guessing most of them are 'not-in-world' aka homeless though and don't have anything better to do. However, I have seen Luna Villarreal and Wolfgang Munch in the Parks late at night a lot. Hmm, sneaking out for a little rendezvous, eh? ;) Tsk, tsk, tsk...

I had my Rags to Riches Klepto Sim befriend Cassandra Goth just so she could visit and steal stuff from their home. o.O They have a lot of expensive goodies to pilfer. Poor Sim had no idea her bestie is a thief. Woops! :p
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @Karababy52 Okay that's a good tip - thanks! This is an ice rink, but I think it's set up as a bar. The last time I cased the place (lol), I noticed that the bartender shift ended at 6am, so I'm going to try going back around that time. I really want the chairs and a couple of pictures from that venue.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    You're welcome, sounds like a good plan! :) Good luck to your klepto, she's very pretty by the way. I like her eyes, I'm guessing they're CC? I've never seen bloodshot eyes on my vanilla Sims anyway. Very cool effect!
  • Options
    @Karababy52 Thank you! I have default eye replacements by MsBlue. I wanted something custom, but I wanted them to still be stored under the correct color category (instead of labeled as "custom") so that the eye color would still be passed on to offspring.
  • Options
    One of my sims has the klepto trait and he brings a guitar from work almost everyday

LOL - that is so weird and random, but awesome! I would love it if my sim randomly brought home guitars.

• Options
    Anabelle stood there watching TV at about 2am and thought to herself, "I really need to steal something to sit on. And also, I need to fence this giant rug that doesn't go in my apartment."
    Frm1_TVStanding.png?w=584

She got rid of the rug then headed to the museum because she was hungry. She knew nobody was on duty in the snack bar at this hour and the refrigerator was unlocked.
    GGFrm2StealFoodFridge.png?w=584

Anybody walking in would just think she bought a sandwich before the snack bar closed.
    GGFrm3_Sandwich.png?w=584

She even made herself a snack bag for later.
    Frm4_StealToGo.png?w=584

Next she headed upstairs and found some sweet ottomans that would go perfectly with her decor. "That grand piano is nice, but too big for my apartment and there's no way to move it," she thought.
    GGFrm5_Ottomans.png?w=584

But wait! What's this? (Swipe.)
    GGFrm6_piano.png?w=584

After Annabelle got her loot into her van, she headed to the ice rink where she knew that the shift changed at 6am. She had cased the place before and knew the workers spent about 5 minutes smoking a cigarette together outside before the new guy came in. Unfortunately, there was one other customer in the building who was going to mess up her plans.
    Frm7_RinkEnter.png?w=584

She had 4 chairs and a couple of pictures on her "shopping list." She headed for the bathroom to wait it out. The customer went into the bathroom, too. It was her lucky day.
    Frm9_RinkBathroom.png?w=584

She quickly swiped some chairs, being careful to take them from different tables so it wasn't obvious. The incoming worker probably wouldn't even realize something had been stolen. Unfortunately, the customer came out of the bathroom, so she could only get 3 chairs and none of the pictures. She'd have to come back again.
    Frm10_RinkChairs.png?w=584

She brought everything home and set up her apartment. "Looking good so far!" she thought.
    Frm11_Loot.png?w=584

Annabelle hadn't planned on learning how to play piano, but since she had one now, why not give it a go?
    Frm12_LearnPiano.png?w=584

And the moment she had been waiting for. Watching a Netflix movie with a full belly while sitting down. Life is good. Especially when you don't have to pay for stuff.
    Frm13_TVSitting.png?w=584
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    LOL @smrufy77 - that everyone admires your klepto sim. I'd love to see screenshots of her apartment, if you have them, with all of the stolen furnishings.

I will soon as I remake my klepto again, I just got a new laptop and am needing to make my games again, soon as I do I will finally practice those tips all of yall gave me on how to post screenshots, thats my sims resolution, to finally learn how lol
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    :D:D:D:D hahahaha I love it! You're a good and funny storyteller!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    @DoloresGrey Thank you! ☺️
  • Options
    SimsInHogwartsSimsInHogwarts Posts: 57 Member
    One of my sims has the klepto trait and he brings a guitar from work almost everyday

LOL - that is so weird and random, but awesome! I would love it if my sim randomly brought home guitars.

It was pretty funny the first couple of times, but it got boring after a while. At some point he just stopped bringing guitars and started stealing dirty dishes or random fruits😂
  • Options
    MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    edited January 2019
    I have done this little challenge on my own testing it for an independant career subject that I have created on the French forums. If you use the "always welcomed" reward trait, you will be able to go swipe things in every residential lot you wish. You knock at the door and it opens so you can help yourself around, no problem. And the "no stress" reward trait will help you never get tens when you get caught.

My ladysim has a cover, she introduces herself as a "house staff" (house personnel) wearing the suit that you can find on the gallery and taking care of the dirty dishes while she's watching around to find what she could swipe.
  • Options
    Melpomena wrote: »
    I have done this little challenge on my own testing it for an independant career subject that I have created on the French forums. If you use the "always welcomed" reward trait, you will be able to go swipe things in every residential lot you wish. You knock at the door and it opens so you can help yourself around, no problem. And the "no stress" reward trait will help you never get tens when you get caught.

My ladysim has a cover, she introduces herself as a "house staff" (house personnel) wearing the suit that you can find on the gallery and taking care of the dirty dishes while she's watching around to find what she could swipe.

That is a great tip and an amazing idea! Thank you!!
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    What a great idea! I think I might try this. Anything they can't use I'll have them sell. All their money will have to come from something they swiped or collectibles. I'm debating on whether or not they'll be able to just sell the items or have to go through the Flea Market or own a store.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Awesome thread! I hope you will continue to let us know how she gets along with furnishing her home :D

I was going to play a klepto sim once and never got around to it. I had made Kaylynn Langerak and put her in a 'maid' club with a few others I had made (using the GT club system), with a black and white uniform. I was going to have them going round cleaning places and swiping stuff at the same time lol.

But I love your idea of having a basic home and furnishing it from the ill-gotten gains. Does she have a day job or only earn from her thefts?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Awesome thread! I hope you will continue to let us know how she gets along with furnishing her home :D

I was going to play a klepto sim once and never got around to it. I had made Kaylynn Langerak and put her in a 'maid' club with a few others I had made (using the GT club system), with a black and white uniform. I was going to have them going round cleaning places and swiping stuff at the same time lol.

But I love your idea of having a basic home and furnishing it from the ill-gotten gains. Does she have a day job or only earn from her thefts?

I love the idea of a maid club! She only earns from her thefts. I haven't done much with her lately because I'm waiting on
    lemememeringue from modthesims who promised to make a mod that allows sims to swipe anything and everything. Hopefully, they're working on it and haven't forgotten about me, haha. I'm going to wait another week and then message them if I haven't heard anything.
  • Options
    KellyWhovianKellyWhovian Posts: 177 Member
    I love this idea! I'm going to have to try this out with one of my Gen 2 sims :)
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.simsnetwork.com%2Fsites%2Fsimsnetwork.com%2Ffiles%2Fnews%2F2011%2F20111008-pets-anim-3.gif&f=1
    Origin ID: kellywhovian