Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims No Longer Vampires After Moving To New Town

Hello everyone! :)
My sims have just moved to a new town. They were both vampires before the move (Amberle a vampire made in CAS and Romeo turned in-game by Amberle) and now they are not. Both needs panels have green bars and not the purple bars that vampires have and Amberle's favourite food has turned to stir-fry whereas Romeo's remains O-positive blood. When I put in the cheat 'testingcheatsenabled true' and shift click to edit them in CAS it still registers them as vampires, however they no longer are. I was wondering if there are any ways of fixing fix glitch (preferably without mods) or are they still stuck as humans? I can always write into the story that they decided to be cured or something but it would be nice not to have to do that.
Many thanks,
Happy simming :)

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited December 2018
    How did you move the sims to the new town? If you used the in-game function (i.e. the phone), it's not all that surprising that the transition broke like this. You could try evicting and replacing your sims in Edit Town to see if it helps; this kind of reset can be quite useful. They'll keep their jobs and relationships but lose their promised wishes and opportunities. (Before you try this, delete the cache files listed below.)

If this doesn't work, the best thing to do is to revert to a save from before they moved and try again. This time, just save them to the bin, and save their house separately if you want to keep it. Then quit to desktop, delete the five cache files in your TS3 game folder, start a new save, and move them in. For reference, those cache files are:
    • CASPartCache.package
    • compositorCache.package
    • scriptCache.package
    • simCompositorCache.package
    • socialCache.package
    Even if you haven't made any backup saves, the game will have kept the files from the second-to-last time you saved. In your Saves folder (inside your game folder in Documents), you'll see a folder with your save name, plus another with the same name but a .backup extension (i.e. Bridgeport.sims3 and Bridgeport.sims3.backup). Delete the .backup and rename the save (so maybe Bridgeport1.sims3), and it will be available to load from the Main Menu. It's a good idea to copy this file somewhere else, so you have an extra copy in case something goes wrong, now or later.

For future reference, it's never a good idea to add or remove an occult state through a testingcheats trip to CAS. Without mods, your only options are to buy a cure from the science lab, or to use a cure elixir if you have Supernatural installed.
  • Options
    FabBunnyFabBunny Posts: 158 Member
    @puzzlezaddict
    Unfortunately I did use the in-game feature to move my sims. I guess I was too ambitious expecting that to work. I may save the house (as I just finished furnishing it how I wanted) and go back to the save from just before the move and move them by saving them to the bin and placing them into the new town. I never usually use cheats in-game and was just sing testingcheats to check to see if the sims were completely wiped of their occult powers (which they technically were not.) Anyway, thank you for the information provided and the help. I'll try what you suggested first and if not go with the 'save to bin-edit town' option.