Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS sliders have numbers on them?

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
How do I get rid of this? For some reason, my sliders are showing numbers,
I never noticed this before.I googled and all I could find were threads asking about
how to get numerals on the sliders.I assume its because of a mod but I'm not sure which one.
I looked uncer mc---settings-cas---and the setting from google is already set to false.

And in fact my whole cas has been rearranged, like some sliders are gone.
I haven't installed anything CAS related.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2018
    If it's NRaas MasterController doing this, the setting is NRaas > MC > Settings > CAS > Show Numeric Slider Value > (default is True).

There could be other mods that provide the same functionality, such as AwesomeMod and XCAS. To be fair though, I don't think I've seen anyone ask for their removal before. I mean, every slider has a numerical value associated with it whether we see it displayed or not. I am surprised that seeing it displayed is so distracting.

Edit: As for things being rearranged and sliders missing, are you certain you didn't end up in EA's version of CAS rather than MC's? To tell which one you are in, right-click on the "..." button in the lower left corner that usually leads to game options. If you are in MC's version of CAS, the MC options panel will appear. If you are in EA's version, nothing will happen.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @igazor
    I'm kind of weird, and I pick up on every little change XD.And it bugs me, I'm kind of OCD about certains...I'm a weirdo lol.
    I don't have any other mods that could possibly do it, most of my mods.
    I have most of Nraas Mods and a few shimrod mods(townies out on the town but I don't think that would effect it.)

I turned it to false and that seemed to take care of it...But I never noticed it before....Something's up with my mod, not exactly sure.Its like my settings got changed, for example when I go to throw a party, the screen pops up asking me to set the criteria for it.Yeah, I am/was in Ea's nothing happened.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2018
    Lol, I absolutely love that! I do recognize the being attached to certain things (in fact this was one of the reasons I was a bit shivery to start using mods after 4 years), but in case of my NRaas mods I’m more than happy to make an exception ;) And ended up missing the numbers when I was creating a sim outside MC ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm a bit OCD the other way. I try to get my slider numbers to be multiples of 50. :) Although sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. So I can overcome that tendency. :)
    Post edited by cwaddell on
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    I like the numbers as they can tell me where I am in relation to 0, and I can adjust accordingly.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    @JoAnne65
    I was nervous when I first installed mods.I was like no, I'm not gonna do it.But now I can't live without SP, Overwatch and traveller.XD

@cwaddell
    Glad I'm not the only one who gets ocd over things.XD

@Goulsquash
    For me it distracts me, I keep looking at the numbers instead of my actual tweaking XD
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @Springfairy556 I find the numbers useful. I usually undo and redo a lot of my slider changes so it's good to know exactly where they sit.

With the party criteria thing, are you sure it's not just asking you who you want to invite? I think the criteria pop up is just so you can click to different groups of people.
  • Options
    coco wrote: »
    @Springfairy556 I find the numbers useful. I usually undo and redo a lot of my slider changes so it's good to know exactly where they sit.

With the party criteria thing, are you sure it's not just asking you who you want to invite? I think the criteria pop up is just so you can click to different groups of people.

Its a pop up asking me to select a criteria, then I exit out of it, and the box to select to who to invite pops up.
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @springfairy556 I think it's just a filter for selecting groups of sims. It's always been there I'm pretty sure.

I found an old quote by @igazor that explains it better.
    igazor wrote: »
    Glad you figured it out, but there are more things you can do from that screen. I assume you are using NRaas MasterController to throw that party. The "Party Guests" filter would present you with the list of sims that would be able to invite the EA way, without MC's involvement. Usually those are sims the host knows and are friends with.

If you want the list to be more expansive rather than restrictive, select something like Not Active. That would allow you to invite anyone in town (since your own household's sims wouldn't need to be invited anyway). Or you could choose to restrict to only teens. Or only teen males who are Libras and who work at the Diner, etc. (eventually with too many restrictions though you will get the no one left to invite error) :)
  • Options
    Yes, that's what it is doing, but it never did that before and I don't know how to disable that.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes, that's what it is doing, but it never did that before and I don't know how to disable that.
    What you are seeing is the MC version of the party invitation routine. If you have the MC Integration add-on module, then you will always get the MC version as you have described, even if you invite by phone rather than by MC command. It's more flexible than EA's version, with or without the filters (hit "X" to dismiss them) you can invite anyone in town -- whether total strangers really show up or hang around the party or not might be a different story, they might get annoyed at being there not knowing why if they don't know anyone and leave right away in a huff. The EA way, the person doing the inviting has to be at least friends with those being invited.

If you want the more restricted list of sims to select from, then choose the Party Guests filter from the pop-up list.

If you don't like landing in MC's version of CAS or seeing MC's version of the party invites, then don't use MC Integration. Note though that under EA's version of CAS, your custom sliders over a certain small number will disappear on you again and if you adjust your sim in any way then any prior effects those added sliders may have formerly contributed will also disappear on those sims.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I don't remember installing Intergration.
    Not sure why I added actually, I must have had a reason at some point or another.But I just don't remember doing it.XD
  • Options
    MC Integration allows MC's version of CAS and its subsets to take over in all other in-game instances (testingcheats CAS, Plan Outfits on dressers, Change Appearance on mirrors, the Stylist career actions, etc. and all without randomizing sims' ages within their current age stage like EA's version tends to do. The only way to get into the more restrictive and age-meddling EA version of CAS with Integration in play is to jump into it before the world has completely finished loading with the game clock moving forward smoothly, because prior to that MC hasn't fully engaged itself yet.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Ah okay.I get it.I think someone recommended it to me when I was having slow CAS issues.
    I just thought I messed with some setting that I shouldn't have to be honest XD.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited December 2018
    @igazor
    when I go to throw a party, the screen pops up asking me to set the criteria for it.Yeah, I am/was in Ea's nothing happened.

As @igazor explains that's a function of MasterController. You can disable that in MC's Settings:

City hall or any computer>NRaas>MasterController>Settings>Use Party Filter>False (default is true)

I wasn't aware than MC Integration adds that feature to parties set up via the phone. That setting might not be there if you don't have Integration installed.
  • Options
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I wasn't aware than MC Integration adds that feature to parties set up via the phone. That setting might not be there if you don't have Integration installed.
    It's one of very few things that MC Integration does (actually, it's the only one I can think of at the moment) that isn't CAS related. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!