Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we get a janitor on commercial and community lots? Trash problem.

Usually I might have my sim pick up a pile of trash they might see or there is the rare occasion a good Samaritan sim will just clean it up.

Problem, when trash isn't cleaned up and attended to it turns into a trash fruit plant. Okay, not a big problem on lots since I can just delete them, but outside of lots there's not really anything I can do to delete them. Shift-click offers nothing in deleting an object outside of lots. It pretty much just sits there being an eyesore.
XdVwpev.png

The oversized mutant raccoons in city living makes is worse by digging in the trash and leaving it on the ground.

Have also two trash plants in another city living near the rooftop lounge. I don't think the trash should be able to thrive on concrete or outside active lots.
5vJrxmT.png

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    If you have any sims with level 5 gardening, you can have them go and take cuttings from the trash plants until they die. Then you can dispose of the dead plants.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited December 2018
    Cupid wrote: »
    If you have any sims with level 5 gardening, you can have them go and take cuttings from the trash plants until they die. Then you can dispose of the dead plants.

Thanks! That's a good temporary workaround to get rid of the plants there since I have a few around. :)

Still need a janitorial sim on commercial lots since Sims seem pretty partial to just wasting food everywhere, especially in the city. Only plus side to that is that they don't seem to go to waste when on the ground for DAYS. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    @LadyKyn, on the off chance that you may be using mods, here is something that will help:

http://modthesims.info/d/570297/janitors-on-community-lots.html

If you don't use mods, never mind. :)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    @Cynna Thanks, I was looking for this too!
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    @Shephard, you're very welcome. :)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »
    @LadyKyn, on the off chance that you may be using mods, here is something that will help:

http://modthesims.info/d/570297/janitors-on-community-lots.html

If you don't use mods, never mind. :)

Oh, very nice! Didn't een realize someone even made a mod like this.. I'll definitely have to check it out. That'd be pretty useful and my sims aren't eating plates of food or drinks off the ground all the time. (times are hard) :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    I thought we already had these NPC's out and about. :o

I know the librarian picks up the books that randoms leave out in the library, I thought we had NPC's that clean the streets.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited December 2018
    There's a bug report on trash plants appearing everywhere here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Trash-Plants-Showing-Up-Everywhere/m-p/7218508#M79582

I think it's similar to the festival plants not growing where they're supposed to, so I'm guessing it's a bug here as well.

You might wanna click me too on that although the stuff lying about community lot is a problem as such
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited December 2018
    crinrict wrote: »
    There's a bug report on trash plants appearing everywhere here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Trash-Plants-Showing-Up-Everywhere/m-p/7218508#M79582

I think it's similar to the festival plants not growing where they're supposed to, so I'm guessing it's a bug here as well.

You might wanna click me too on that although the stuff lying about community lot is a problem as such

Oh thanks! I couldn't find anything in bug reports for it so I guess I had overlooked it. Figured sims were dumping trash around and leaving it unattended where it just turned into trash plants. I'll do that.

On another note is there a bug report at all about sims constantly sleeping on benches? Everytime I look sims are always sleeping on benches in the city and elsewhere in commercial lots and they aren't weirdos. Pretty minor but never seen them do it that much even when it's raining.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Def not bug report for that (wouldn't know if it is one though)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I've noticed a bunch of trash plants also. I didn't realize it is a bug. I've noticed when I go to a restaurant, there will always be used dishes left on the table unless I put something on the table that blocks it such as a lamp. I've had my sims clear tables because of this.