Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with new install?

I've searched for an answer and can't find the information I need, so I'm putting this here.

I have a new hard drive.
All my Sims games are re-downloaded.
I still have my Sims 4 folder, thankfully, as everything was saved from the old drive.
ok, so I just need to know how to get my saves into the game, please.

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Grab the saves folder from inside the old Sims 4 folder and paste it into the new one (at Documents > Electronics Arts> The Sims 4.)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    Can I paste my whole Sims 4 folder in? and do I need to play the newly installed game to generate a folder? Thank's for your reply.
  • Options
    Susim62 wrote: »
    Can I paste my whole Sims 4 folder in? and do I need to play the newly installed game to generate a folder? Thank's for your reply.

You could just paste the whole folder in if you wanted to. You only mentioned saves so I just assumed the saves were your only concern.
    Starting the game without a folder there would generate a new one, yes.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    I should mention that my Sims 4 folder is still on my computer, where it should be I suppose in My Documents, Electronic Arts.
    I read somewhere I might just have to rename the saves?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    You would only need to rename things if you were trying to combine two save folders or something like that. But since you aren't doing that there's no reason to have to rename anything.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    I've just loaded up the game and everything is still there.
    The game automatically kept all in my sims 4 folder. No wonder it took so long to install!