Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let us do another Community Stuff Pack!

Laundry Day Stuff turned out to be a pretty awesome pack! I hope we can create another Community Stuff Pack in the future, maybe using one of the concepts that didn't get used. Who would agree?
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I hope not! :)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited December 2018
    Cupid wrote: »

Why?
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member

Why?

Because somehow "eco pack" turned into Laundry stuff pack.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Why?

Because somehow "eco pack" turned into Laundry stuff pack.

The majority wanted laundry and they could add the eco aspect in a Farming Expansion
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    I respectfully disagree. Laundry was not something I expected an entire stuff pack to be dedicated to, and if it was the result of the community's vote, I'm gonna go with them doing their own thing if we are going to get more things like Laundry from the community.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited December 2018

Why?

The possibilities are too exciting, that's why! If they were to bring back the community stuff pack a second round, who knows what kind of treat we'd be in for? Lawn mowing? Dish washing? Vacuum cleaning? I can't even bear the thought of all that fun!
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited December 2018

Why?

Because they'd probably shove a beach-themed pack option in along with a bunch of exciting ideas, all of which would die a swift death to the beach pack because "OMG! Swimmable Oceans! Who cares about ideas that could add some excitement to the game! Terrain that's basically a pool built into the world map is more important than a martial arts pack, or a monster hunter pack, or a robotics pack! I want my sims to splash around in the salty, shark and jelly fish filled whale toilet that covers the majority of the planet!!" (Note: I do acknowledge how important the oceans actually are to the health and continuation of life on this planet, and that all animal and plant life originated from the sea. However, as someone who grew up in New Jersey and has visited the shore multiple times in her life, I also acknowledge that the whole beach experience is highly overrated. Sand in every crevice and all over everything you brought along...even if it's something that never touched the sand, jellyfish, hot sand burning the crud out of your bare feet, strangers wearing swimwear that does not flatter their figures at all looking so bad it burns your eyeballs, beach-side public bathrooms playing host to the worst bathroom nightmares known to humanity, vicious boardwalk seagulls who will straight stab you for some funnel cake...Beach-starved inlanders, the ocean and the beach are not that great!! Get over it!!)

So, yeah, another community pack is not a good idea for actually adding anything that's actually cool because. "Oh, but so many mundane everyday things still aren't in the game." You know what else isn't in the game 4 years in? Werewolves, robots, martial arts, magic/witchraft...I think we can afford to hold off on swimmable oceans or cars or, I don't know, credit card debt, to even things out for players who like to play stories that are a bit more on the fantastical side.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited December 2018
    Please no. The next pack might be "The Sims: Taking out the Garbage".
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    For what the stuff pack is it is nice. I do love the furniture and decor along with CAS as everything was in good quality, BUT...

I still don't think Laundry should have been its own thing. Feels like something that could have been included in parenthood and almost any other pack. Though I can see thought was put into how laundry functioned.

Not to mention the community in itself is pretty bias. If there was to ever be another community stuff pack related project I'd like to see concept art first because what they showed afterwards made me want that arcade pack even more. I do appreciate they actually took a concept piece of art from it and brought it to Get Famous because I did genuinely like the outfit. (And then beekeeping that came with seasons)

I'm just stiff baffled that laundry/supposed eco pack was chosen over all the other interesting packs that was an option.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm gonna say no.

I really wanted the eco living pack, with solar pannels and stuff. But most people just went with laundry. So....
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    No way. Anything remotely interesting or new would be put up against something mundane like ironing or ponds or something that is requested like bunk beds and the new thing wouldn’t get a look in.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Nope. I'm still confused about how eco friendly turned in to laundry.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    No, because the community prefers "more of the same", things we already had in previous games. There's just no chance of new and innovative concepts winning mundane "fan favourites". The last one was laundry, the next one will be spiral staircases.