Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Game Pack Idea

I have a suggestion for a new game pack. I'd love to see a Sims 4 "Band" or "Rock Out" game pack where you can form different types of music groups with your sims. You can have a Rock Band, Jazz Band, Pop Band, maybe even a Boy Band or Girl Band, or even a choir that sings "carols" during the winter holiday.

They can add different and new instruments, such as: drums, "air drums" which are just sticks that turn the air into a drum set, trumpets and Saxophones, harps, new guitars, electric guitars, keyboards, etc.

Of course it would need new hairstyles and clothes to match each genre of music a band might want to play.

If your Sims aren't musically inclined, maybe they can choose to be groupies, or ultimate fans. It would also be neat if you could somehow make posters of your band.

Those are just some thoughts. I think this would be an extremely fun pack to add to the collection.

Comments

• Options
    simoleanjsimoleanj Posts: 87 Member
    It would also be neat if we could assign sims to different positions/instruments in the group (i.e. drummer, lead singer, back up singers, guitarist, keyboard, etc.) like how we assign waiting or hosting positions for Dine Out.
  • Options
    atils1995atils1995 Posts: 4 New Member
    I have two game pack ideas that actually would compliment each other: Education and Life Pursuits.

Education Pack-
    1st- Either through update (I would think update so that people don't have to have this pack) or in the pack itself add TWO new life stages: Small Child (don't have a great name for it) and Preteen. The life stages we have now do not have a great flow. Babies would represent newborn-1, toddlers 1-3, Small Child about 4-6, Child 7-9, Preteen 10-13, and so forth.
    - The small child life stage could include going to Kindergarten/Preschool where they learn how to read and write. Small children can also learn how to swim, ride a bike, etc.,
    - The Preteens would attend middle school where they would have their first crush, go to awkward dances, and be able to babysit their siblings and neighborhood kids to make some extra money.
    2nd- Introduce more school related activities such as being a part of yearbook club, going to prom/homecoming/court warming, graduation. For teens applying for scholarships and colleges.
    3rd- Add in the University experience. Once teens graduate high school (age up to young adult) they attend college, head into the workforce that doesn't require a degree, or join the military. Similar to previous university installments. They attend class, live in a dorm/house, go to parties, etc. The following jobs included:
    - military (for those that do not wish to attend college)
    - engineer
    - dentist
    - architect
    - teacher
    - principal
    - university professor
    - mechanic (no degree required)
    - real estate agent (no degree required)

Life Pursuits (activities and hobbies) Pack-
    1st- Similar to Sims 2 Free Time....add back hobbies and aptitudes for hobbies (each sim would have a hobby that they were naturally great at).
    The following hobbies should be included:
    - Soccer
    - Gymnastics
    - Cheer
    - Dance
    - Basketball
    - Football
    -LaCrossE
    - Swim and Dive
    - Volleyball
    - Tennis
    -Baseball/Softball
    - Band
    - Choir
    - Surfing (if there were every a beach world)
    - Skateboarding
    - Etc.,
    2nd- (Through an update add the two life stages above) Small Children, Children, Preteens, Teens, Young Adults, and Adults can now participate in the hobbies. Each hobby should have it's own set of skills and activities in order to get better at that hobby. For example, if a child played soccer they would have to practice shooting goals, playing goalie, run, etc., in order to advance to the next "Soccer Skill Point" or if a child was a cheerleader they would have to practice tumbling, jumps, cheers, and stunts (with team mates) in order to advance the "Cheer Skill Point." Each hobby should have a skill point that maxes out at 10 (raise the dancing skill we already have to 10). Small children can begin these hobbies, but can only reach level 3, children can only reach level 5, preteens level 7, and then finally as a teen or older they can max out at 10. Each sim will have their own aptitude just like in Sims 2 for what they are going to be naturally good at..possibly determined by traits/life experiences.
    3rd- Add in a new aspiration (Go to the Simlypmics). Yes! Sims can now take their sport to the Simlympics. Children or Preteens can begin training for the Olympics to hopefully qualify. They can first go as a teen (win money and become famous if they have Get Famous Expansion).
    4th- Each hobby could give a scholarship for college, if their is a University pack.
    5th- Add in new jobs such as:
    - Sports Coach (the above hobbies all would have their own coaching position) I am thinking this could be an active career.
    - Own your own dance, gymnastics, cheer gym/studio.
    - Olympic Trainer (sims who maxed out in a specific sport could become an olympic trainer for young sims training).
    6th- Add in a sports venue community complex where sims can go to practice their sports.
    - Sims can also sign up for their hobby via phone/computer. They will have practice times, meets/games/competitions throughout the game where they win trophies and rewards.
    7th- Add in new objects:
    - Soccer goal and field
    - Cheer mats (to perform stunts, jumps, tumbling,etc.,)
    -Gymnastic mats, bars, and beams
    - ballet bar
    - trampoline (gymnasts, cheerleaders can perform flips on)
    - volleyball net
    - football field
    - baseball diamond, baseball, bat
    - tennis court
    - skateboard and skateboard ramps/park
    - uniforms/clothing: leotards, cheer uniforms, baseball uniforms, etc.,
    8th- Add in special moves to show off:
    - Cheerleaders can perform jumps, tumbling, cheers, and stunts (with other cheerleaders)
    - Dancers can perform pirouettes, leaps, dance routines (hip hop, jazz)
    - Gymnasts perform floor routines, beam, and bar routines, free standing flips/tumbling.
    - Soccer plays can dribble.
    - Football and baseball players can play catch.
    9th- Opportunities
    - Dancers can be asked to perform in music videos
    - etc.,

I really think the two new life stages and the hobbies would really give life to the game and something to work towards. If this were to happen I would hope the small children, children, and preteens could do all the hobbies. It is a bummer when they can't do what teens can.

Let me know what you guys think!!!
  • Options
    Before I found the Idea Corner, I started this thread on the General Discussion Page. There has been some discussion.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16852680#Comment_16852680
  • Options
    cupidsarrow94cupidsarrow94 Posts: 21 Member
    I would really love to see a real career in Early Childhood Education in the sims 4. Where we could a preschool that our sims can run themselves and really educate the toddlers without having to have added a mod or mods to do it. The live-in daycare mod is ok. But being an early childhood educator...it's not that satisfying for me. I don't babysit children...I give them growing tools to advance to the next level of education and life. It would be great to even get an expansion pack, game pack or stuff pack the adds that to the game. Along with the furnishings for classrooms and playground equipment, different activities and materials and include a graduation ceremony for the toddlers when they are aging up to grade school kids.
  • Options
    I would really love to see a real career in Early Childhood Education in the sims 4. Where we could a preschool that our sims can run themselves and really educate the toddlers without having to have added a mod or mods to do it. The live-in daycare mod is ok. But being an early childhood educator...it's not that satisfying for me. I don't babysit children...I give them growing tools to advance to the next level of education and life. It would be great to even get an expansion pack, game pack or stuff pack the adds that to the game. Along with the furnishings for classrooms and playground equipment, different activities and materials and include a graduation ceremony for the toddlers when they are aging up to grade school kids.

That would be awesome. I'd buy that. It would also make it easier to level up the skills of your children. Even if you're Sim isn't in the Early Education Career track, you can send your kids to preschool to build skills.