Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Gallery Confuses me!

I don't share my builds or sims. Mostly because I love cc and everything I do has cc in it. And with all the modders out there having rules to not share their meshes, etc., it' too much to keep track of.

But there's a choice given on whether you want to save your creation to your Library and/or Share On the Gallery. I never choose the share choice. And yet..........a few of my created sims (households) are showing on the gallery in the "showcase" section. I didn't put them there! How did they get there? They show downloads and 'loves' on them. Why would this happen? No one who downloads my sim will get any of the cc I used correct? What would be the point in downloading a household if you can't get any of the cc that caused you to like it in the first place?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    You probably uploaded your stuff to the gallery by accident somewhere along the line. There isn't much reason for them to be up there otherwise.

You're correct that CC isn't downloaded through the gallery. As for why people download things that used CC, who knows. That's their prerogative. Maybe they've got the same CC in their game or simply just don't care.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Smplcty0921Smplcty0921 Posts: 116 Member
    Thanks, you're probably right. So, if I do want to share to the gallery, I should list the cc I used per the picture? Is that the correct protocol?
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Thanks, you're probably right. So, if I do want to share to the gallery, I should list the cc I used per the picture? Is that the correct protocol?

I'm sure people would appreciate that, but there is no protocol. You're free to do as you wish. Most people certainly don't do that.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    I use a lot of CC too, but I keep a separate no CC save file specifically to do stuff for the gallery. I use so many decor mods its honestly easier to build without them sometimes.