Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are toddlers being sent to daycare when a nanny is there?

So the past couple of times I wanted my adult sim to go out at night, I've hired a nanny to come over so the mom can put the toddlers to bed and then head out with the nanny still there. However every time I do this once she arrives to where she went out, I get a message that pops up saying the toddlers were sent to daycare! So what was the purpose of hiring a nanny then? Can you not go out while a nanny stays behind with the children?

The daycare thing frustrates me because I know when I come home their need levels will be random, and the schedule they were on before will be ruined. I was hoping I would be able to send their mom out and have them sleep through the night with the nanny there 😢
I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart

Comments

• Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited November 2018
    Have you tried going out without hiring the nanny? I remenber being asked if I would like to hire a nanny for the children by the game.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I'm also confused with the day care. Sometimes when I enter a house, the full family is at home, but the toddler is "grayed out" because it's said to be at daycare, but it's sitting there on the floor playing. It will eventually "return home", I just don't get the idea of not being at home from I enter the house.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2018
    Gagea wrote: »
    Have you tried going out without hiring the nanny? I remenber being asked if I would like to hire a nanny for the children by the game.

I remember that too, but now when you do that it sends them to daycare automatically rather than hiring a nanny. My Sims had twins yesterday and the sheer amount of work has made it such that they are always running behind...they keep leaving without me having had time to call a nanny and that is what is happening. (Really hate that they had twins...lol)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    The family I played with yesterday have a child and a toddler. It was love day and they went on a date while the child was at school. No option came up to hire a nanny, just the pop up to say toddler was sent to day care. later on while still out I decided the whole family would have dinner together at a café. so clicked on the toddler still at day care and summoned him to where they were, about 8 times I summoned him before he arrived, after I put in a high chair potty and a toy box. when he eventually turns up his social was nearly in the red. Don't they play with him at day care. ??
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    You could also cheat and choose an unemployed sim you want to be your babysitter, transfer them into your household when you leave, and transfer them back out after you get home. You could even create your own sim specifically for this purpose and give them all the traits that would make a good babysitter. Just make sure to give the babysitter a roommate so that their household remains in tact when you move them and you can transfer them in and out easily.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    The family I played with yesterday have a child and a toddler. It was love day and they went on a date while the child was at school. No option came up to hire a nanny, just the pop up to say toddler was sent to day care. later on while still out I decided the whole family would have dinner together at a café. so clicked on the toddler still at day care and summoned him to where they were, about 8 times I summoned him before he arrived, after I put in a high chair potty and a toy box. when he eventually turns up his social was nearly in the red. Don't they play with him at day care. ??

In one of my households I have a Butler. No need to send the toddler or infant to daycare or to hire a Nanny. Butler can do it all. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I remember that too, but now when you do that it sends them to daycare automatically rather than hiring a nanny. My Sims had twins yesterday and the sheer amount of work has made it such that they are always running behind...they keep leaving without me having had time to call a nanny and that is what is happening. (Really hate that they had twins...lol)

I see you got those twins you were super excited for (!) haha

lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I see you got those twins you were super excited for (!) haha

lol...yah, it sucks! Twins are so much work, TJ and Skye are having a hard time getting anything else done. I can't imagine dealing with triplets.

I had a birthday party for TJ (the father sim) just now, and hired a nanny to care for them while the party was going on so that the adult sims could do party stuff. The nanny was horrible, and then she just vanished in the middle of the party (I think she gave up and left....). Thank god I had invited a ton of the family friends and at least some of them were good with kids, they took care of the toddlers for me. :)

Game has some real nanny glitches right now, it seems. The kids still get sent to daycare if all adult sims other than the nanny travel elsewhere and the nanny leaves without doing her job even if the adults are still on the lot. >.<
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods