Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds

The only Sims 3 content I still need to buy is Roaring Heights and Monte Vista. Does anyone know if worlds ever go on sale on origin? The worlds are wonderful and I love the content that comes with them, but I can't bring myself to spend $40 for two worlds when there are so many free cc worlds, especially with them being so old.
sims 2&3 my beloved♥

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Not sure I have ever seen worlds that are sold for cash (as opposed to those sold for store points) on sale. If it helps at all, remember that both worlds come with premium content that I believe isn't available any other way -- the fixer upper car and the pizza oven.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I bought Monte Vista as part of the $20($) Worlds Bundle, which itself was on sale for 50% off. This was a while ago on an Origin sale. Keep an eye out, it might go on sale again if Origin ever puts SPs on sale.

I got Roaring Heights on sale as well as part of a store wide Origin sale. There was a discount code that would get you 50% of anything. Or maybe it was 30% off. Regardless, I think that's the only time I've seen RH and Dragon Valley go on sale. Don't forget that the gold versions of RH and DV include simpoints which aren't a bad value compared to buying the points directly. If you buy associated venues on the Daily Deal you'll come out ahead.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I like using EA worlds for building so I can also test the builds out and legacies get played in custom worlds which are empty in new games.I have one called Logan and an setting it up to start a new legacy there.I'm also working on a Riverview makeover in CAW with a blank version of the world.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I think they are occasionally offered on sale, but I may be mis-remembering.

I will say that both Monte Vista and Roaring Heights are great worlds, well worth the full price.