Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have a problem

Somehow in CAW I messed up the Sunset Valley lite, and now I do not have the original one, Every time I click on it I get the one I messed up and do not have the original one. Is there any way I can get it back.

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hi :)

The original is in - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool\UserToolData\Worlds
    Make sure to Copy/Paste them, don't cut or even edit them or you'll have to reinstall CAW or redownload it from somewhere else. :)

You will have to either rename your messed up files in Documents/Electronic Arts/Creat A World/UserToolData/Worlds.... folders or delete them to be able to place the copies.. :)

*Don't forget to Rename the world right after you open it in CAW so this doesn't happen again (I did that before, so don't worry). :)
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @Rflong7 Thank you so much, I am so happy, can't thank you enough. It worked fine. I will try to remake Sunset Valley, only this time I saved it under a new name. thought I might try and remake Sunset Valley before making a world. Again thank you, You are so nice. Directions were perfect. I thought I lost it forever.
  • Options
    @Rflong, love your bunny, is he drinking tea or coffee, my sheep is eyeing him. lol
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Thanks but I took it from TS3 Store (it's free) and used it. I bet it's just Tropical Nectar. ;)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I did that once and just removed my CAW folder from my documents folder to a safe location and it generated a new CAW folder with a new Sunset Valley lite which was unaltered.I would always begin with save as and rename it to a new filename each time I work on it.I've got a Riverview makeover in progress in CAW and haven't altered the orignal Riverview lite file other than loading it to rename it in save as.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @TadOlson Thanks for your input, makes me feel a little better knowing, I am not the only one. I did remember this time to rename a save.