Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rags To World Famous Musician Challenge

Sims4SarahSims4Sarah Posts: 133 Member
This is a spin on the Rags to Riches challenges inspired by Get Famous.

The Challenge Setup:

You have a dream to become a world famous musician and nothing is going to stop you. Not even if it means having to navigate a really rocky road to stardom. You arrive in town with your dream, a musical instrument and not a penny to your name. You just know that with hard work and a bit of luck it won't be too long before you are world famous and top of the musician career ladder.

How to Play

*Create a new young adult single Sim with no skills
*Gender, appearance, species, etc are your choice
*Select the World-Famous Celebrity aspiration
*Give them any skills you want (though obviously there are some which will be more to your advantage)
*Move them into an empty lot (preferably in Del Sol Valley but anywhere is fine as long as you have Get Famous)
*Buy the musical instrument of your choice (tip: portable is good)
* Use the money cheat to take your Sim's funds down to zero
* No job until you have enough money to build a house. For the purposes of this challenge, a house consists of four walls, a roof and enough space for a enclosed bathroom with a toilet, shower or bath and a sink, plus enough extra room for a single bed, a stove, fridge and one counter.
* Your Sim can raise money how ever they want as long as it isn't with a job. That's where that portable instrument might come in handy.
* Once your Sim has moved inside, have them join the Entertainer Career. When given the chance, take the Musician branch.

Challenge Is Complete When:

* Your Sim has built a house
* Completed the World-Famous Celebrity Aspiration
* Reached the top of the Musician Career

Other Rules:

* Aging should be set to normal lifespan.
* No cheats apart from removing funds at the start of the challenge
* CC is allowed but only if it doesn't impact the challenge itself - ie it can't help you cheat
* Your Sim can have any relationship they wish but they can't get married or have their partner move in until after they have built their house. This is so there is no unfair financial gain to help speed that along.
* Similarly, no roommates to help you afford building the initial house. After it is built, it is up to you.

Use Hashtag #RagsToWorldFamous in The Gallery and on social media. I'm @Sims4Sarah on Twitter, Twitch, Youtube, etc ..I'd love to see what you do.

Comments

• Options
    Reserved
  • Options
    Reserved
  • Options

Florence Baldwin arrived in Del Sol Valley with only a dream and her violin...

Stg9tQg.jpg

x0oc5Q7.jpg

• Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Have her go to a public lot and play and get tips. Even when she's bad, sims tip. :)
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    This is Joy looking pleased with herself as she now has a tent and a cooler. I love this type of challenge starting from nothing.

xphusSz.jpg
  • Options
    This is Joy looking pleased with herself as she now has a tent and a cooler. I love this type of challenge starting from nothing.

xphusSz.jpg

Me too! I just had the daughter of Florence win the lottery and I kind of wanted to give it all back so she could learn what her mother had to go through!.

Joy looks great. Does she have an instrument she will be playing?

• Options
    Guitar to start now on piano. She's still single. May have to use a youth potion to complete the challenge. I've been playing like mad! She has 4 celebrity stars level 8 career but only 5 days until she becomes elder. My plan is to adopt a few children. (As celebrities do!) B) Loving the challenge though :)
  • Options
    Challenge complete. my sim would have done it well within her lifetime but I used the potion of youth anyway. Adopted two girls. Really enjoyed this challenge, thank you.

bUoNQvk.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Challenge complete. my sim would have done it well within her lifetime but I used the potion of youth anyway. Adopted two girls. Really enjoyed this challenge, thank you.

bUoNQvk.png

So great to hear that and thank you for the compliment.

Florence managed to complete it with just two days left in her life. Her daughter Normandie by her side as she got her star on the walk.

PaGZNPE.png

I did worry for a bit that I would have to get her the youth potion too. I was concerned it would be cheating but then I guess celebrities get plastic surgery to look younger all the time, right?