Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

hidden aspiration?

lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
I was playing my teen vampire and noticed that he had a strange aspiration, Painter, that I couldn't find in the aspiration options...the closest is 'painter extraordinaire' but that has different goals. Has anyone seen this before?

It also awards a trait called 'over achiever.'

20hxbhe.png

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    that's not hidden, at least not exactly. it's one of the four versions of the new aspiration that came with the tutorial at the patch earlier this week. it seems townies can roll the aspiration, yet they always seem to get the painter version (there are athlete, chef, and stylist options as well)

the first post in here shows all four options that you can start with in the tutorial. i think it's interesting townies can get even one of the four, so we can potentially start playing through them and getting that pretty powerful new reward trait
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/951148/the-new-tutorial
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply and information. This sim is not a townie, he was born to one of my played sims, so I don't know why he would get it.

Thanks again though!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2018
    Never mind, someone already answered.
  • Options
    that makes it even more weird, then. and did your sim manage to complete the first step with your help or was that already cleared? since it involves specifically interacting with alex, the tutorial roommate
  • Options
    I had to cheat to advance him, as there was no Alex.
  • Options
    that's what i was afraid of. had hoped that talking to a household member would count, but didn't really expect it to
  • Options
    Zoey95Zoey95 Posts: 1,549 Member
    My sim had her NPC boyfriend move in and he has the tutorial chef aspiration. New, vanilla game with cleared caches since the latest patch. I skipped the tutorial. No clue if I can find Alex in the world somewhere and I guess he needs a job to fulfill some of his aspiration goals about going to work. I'm curious enough to see where this goes, but this is an odd turn I didn't expect.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    One of my Sims got the “Grilled Cheese” aspiration around a month ago.. I have never seen it before and I’m really confused.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    grilled cheese aspiration is a hidden aspiration introduced to the game years ago, when they put kleptomaniac in as a trait. both of those and the sad clown were fan-favorites from previous games that were put into sims 4 during one of the patches

to unlock the grilled cheese aspiration, you just have to have a sim eat 3 grilled cheese sandwiches pretty much back to back
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I've had townies with the grilled cheese aspiration show up, even though it was not unlocked to use for an active sim. I always forget about it and neglect trying to unlock it.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    townies can roll up any of the aspirations in the game, yeah, doesn't matter if they're hidden or not. grilled cheese and the new tutorial one(s) are good examples of that

there are also a handful of unreleased aspirations in the code that a small number of townies had been found with (one was something about aliens, one was something about being a karaoke legend). haven't heard of anyone discovering either one on a townie in a while, so the coding likely got fixed to conceal them fully
  • Options
    LarkuLarku Posts: 68 Member
    I went on a fun journey of google search to find out what I stumbled across with a sim I just married to my main sim's daughter. I didn't know if this some was special hidden trait or what... The first step was already done. Nice to know it's not wise to flip off it because of the amazing reward trait. Time to cash in this pony before it's fixed. >:)
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Is is possible to enter a cheat to give a Sim you create (without going through the tutorial) one of the four aspirations to achieve the over-achiever trait without cheating directly to give your Sim the trait? *I hope someone understood that*
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2019
    @sunblond You should unlock it. It's pretty easy. Just have your Sim kill a family serving all by themselves, all at once and you'll get it. The rewards are silly and fun, you get to paint Grilled Cheese on easels and I think you get the ability to cook them at a much higher quality. I know for sure the painting is a throwback to TS2, where if you had the aspiration, that was pretty much the only thing you'd paint on the easels.
  • Options
    unfortunately not to my knowledge, @anmirla. either you have to have a sim start the tutorial to get one of the aspirations or you have to get lucky and find a townie who was randomly created with one (or played children to age up to teens can occasionally roll it up on their birthdays). that's part of why i've been putting townies i've discovered with the aspiration up on the gallery, even though you do need to cheat the aspiration up to get anywhere with it, since the roommate alex only shows up during the tutorial

also should point out that when a sim completes the aspiration (even via cheating it up) they get a retraiting potion as a reward which is really nice for the tutorial, since it locks your tutorial sim into one of four preset trait combos
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Thank you @kalaksed
    That's too bad. I would've loved the chance to earn the trait using only my Sims.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top