Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How To Stop Update?

I have automatic updates disabled in Origin, but whenever there is a new patch I get a message telling me I cannot play without updating.

I'm already mourning the loss of my mods, so I thought I'd wait a bit to patch the game, though I might still want to play it.

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2018
    Best thing to do is to set your game to offline mode now. Turn off automatic updates is one step but as soon as the game knows there's a patch, it usually wants to update.

So, best to login now, then turn Origin to offline mode.

Be aware that if you want to buy the pack on Friday, you'll need the patch. Hopefully a lot of mods are updated by then though.
    Post edited by crinrict on
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    I'm looking at my Origin account now, but don't see the option to go offline?

Much as I'd like some of the patch features, I want my mods more.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I have disabled the wi-fi on the computer I play sims in entirely. I do my uni work on a laptop and I will basically only be using that during the week anyway. If you won’t use the computer you play sims on for anything else during the week, that’s an option to make sure it really doesn’t update before you want it too. I plan on enabling it again on Friday when I’m getting Get Famous. Will have to wait a few extra days for terrain tools and such, but hopefully some mods will have been patched already.
  • Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    I found it and have gone offline. :)