Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if I disable relationship culling?

One of my sims recently lost all her relationships, including family and household members. At least the former still appeared in her relationship panel, and she even recognised them as family members after reintroducing herself to them, but the relationships had to be rebuilt from scratch, which my loner sim wasn't happy about. I don't know why this happened to her of all people, considering that I play her fairly regularly, and just a few hours earlier, while playing some of her friends, she even kept calling them and inviting them out as usual.

So I'm thinking about disabling relationship culling, surely there must be a mod out there that can do that, but what would it do to my game? Despite surpassing the recommended system requirements, I still experience long loading times and the occasional lag, maybe because I have all expansions except for a few stuff packs, as well as roughly 1 GB of CC (mostly CAS), and I don't want this to get even worse.

Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2018
    The MCCC mod will stop this bug.
    This is a pretty big mod and has a lot of settings. What I would do if I were you would be to make a copy of your game save and use it to set up the settings you want before playing your main game save. But once you have the settings the way you prefer, those settings will be good for any other game saves you have or startup. They are very good at keeping this mod updated for when EA releases any patches, and they also have a very good live chat support help. Also when an update is done, there are two files in this mod (folder) that you keep that has all your settings, whenever there is an update.
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/Top
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Well... I'm not sure I'll return to MCCC, because the one and only time I used it, it started doing things to my game that I didn't want and didn't know how to stop (like populating empty houses with randomly created sims), leaving me with a mess to clean up even after uninstalling it.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion. ☺ But the real question was: How badly will disabling relationship culling affect the game's performance (loading time, lag, etc.)?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Well... I'm not sure I'll return to MCCC, because the one and only time I used it, it started doing things to my game that I didn't want and didn't know how to stop (like populating empty houses with randomly created sims), leaving me with a mess to clean up even after uninstalling it.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion. ☺ But the real question was: How badly will disabling relationship culling affect the game's performance (loading time, lag, etc.)?

Eventually, the game *will* slow down, though I can't recall if that's in load time or during gameplay. The relationship web size definitely affects performance, though.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member

you can manage the mod in any sim-computer to make it work just like you want. If you dont want sims moving to empty houses there is a option to turn off, if you dont want story progression, there is a option to turn it off...
  • Options
    goldengurl053goldengurl053 Posts: 14 New Member
    They updated the maximum population count after Seasons released. Have they done the same with Get Famous? I think it would make sense to do so after adding a new world and new Sims, but I haven’t heard anything about it.