Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite Personality Flaw?

Perfection is boring. What flawed trait do you assign to your sims most often?

Personally I like snob. It's interesting, but it doesn't make my sims seem super mean. Hot-headed is a close second because some people in my family have tempers.
Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey

Comments

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Probably hot-headed. I ended up with it via a townie that married into my family (she's also a snob too as luck would have it) and she's definitely been fun! I decided to have one of her daughters inherit it and it's made things interesting for her in the detective career.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    A couple of traits that I like giving to my sims, not on the same sim though.
    Hot-Headed, Gloomy
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    I like that Lazy and Slob Sims leave their clothes on the floor when they get changed if you have the Laundry pack + a washing machine on your lot. I had a Lazy Sim teen who covered nearly the whole of their floor with clothes... true to life :D
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Hmmm … Snob, Hot Headed, Lazy are probably my top picks for personality flaws, though I do throw Jealous in the mix too, on occasion.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i actually like all of them except 'jealous'. and the only reason i hate that trait is because it's 'codependant' instead of 'jealous' (still have a few sims with it)

i never considered snob a negative trait in the sims sense, though. some consider insa...err... 'erratic' to be one too, others don't. either way, it's one of my favorite traits for some of my sims just because it's so... colorful. clumsy is probably my most favorite, i use it on entirely too many sims. i also like evil, though haven't been using it terribly often of late (i've tried to have an evil scientist as my default sim in pretty much every sims game. my first sims 4 character was an evil genius to mimic this, but save corruption cost me her and her entire world. my current main sim is a genius scientist, but she's not evil, nor is anyone in her family)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I think the one I use the most is Evil, though I still find it much too tame.

I made the "Seven Deadly Sims" once and loaded them up with negative traits. I recently threw them into my game, so we'll see if they can make a spicy difference. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Squeamish is hilarious to play and I love it.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yeah, @LiELF , in a lot of ways, evil is actually a safer bet than mean as a trait. sometimes i like that, sometimes i don't. one of my favorite households started with a townie alien who was evil, creative, and loved family. i really wanted to see how evil and loves family interact and playing him a bit, as well as the randomness that had been set up by the game before i started playing him, made the households one of my favorites. he's still part of my 'rotation' (i don't have an actual rotation, just play various households whenever i feel like it or get an idea for them)

and as for squeamish, i really do like the trait... except for with the first sim i gave it to, barnabus skye, the vampire founder of san myshuno. learned the hard way that you do not want to pair squeamish with neat (they always get grossed out from cleaning) and you really, really do not want to make a sim who is supposed to earn their money from fishing squeamish (they have to throw up after every fish or frog they catch, which always cancels any queued up actions. you can make them 'take deep breaths', but that still cancels other actions). they also get super grossed out in a room with an aquarium, as long as there's at least one fish in the aquarium
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Snob, Hot headed, and Jealous get used alot in my game
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    and as for squeamish, i really do like the trait... except for with the first sim i gave it to, barnabus skye, the vampire founder of san myshuno. learned the hard way that you do not want to pair squeamish with neat (they always get grossed out from cleaning) and you really, really do not want to make a sim who is supposed to earn their money from fishing squeamish (they have to throw up after every fish or frog they catch, which always cancels any queued up actions. you can make them 'take deep breaths', but that still cancels other actions). they also get super grossed out in a room with an aquarium, as long as there's at least one fish in the aquarium
    That's the fun part :p ! My witch is squeamish and she's not having a good time. I am though.
    I find it's one of the traits that do the most, okay mostly uncomfortable moodlets but it happens for a lot of little things.
    Sometimes I forget sims have specific traits becaus it procs so little in gameplay. Not of chance of that with squeamish.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Evil. I get tickled that they find so much joy when others around them are miserable. It's like one of those you can't help but laugh at it kind of things. I like the evil laugh also it's so over the top.
    I pair it with different things to have a different sort of evil sim frequently. Good or bad traits really.
    If I want an outwardly evil guy I make them evil and mean and some other negative trait. If I want a take over the world kind of evil character they might be an evil genius with any other traits that fit. I think the traits vary depending on what I want their personality to be and what type of self control I think they would have.
    I find it really hard to deal with a squeamish character trait.. it's hard to get anything done. It's kind of fun to give a sidekick character that trait though especially if I don't play them much.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Erratic. Love it when they're unpredictable and randomly become mean to their loved ones.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I totally forgot about Squeamish! Yeah, I use that one too. I discovered a new favorite Sim because of that trait. Took her into the jungle with an eclectic group and watched her get chased by bees, disgusted by peeing in dirty bushes, and forced to rough it off the land. Her reactions were priceless and I really came to adore her fussy self, lol. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Squeamish is a pretty fun one. Reactions are priceless. Lazy is another one that I have used.
  • Options
    DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    Clumsy. Very true to life for me.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Clumsy. I just think it's so adorable the way they laugh at themselves after they have an oopsie.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited November 2018
    I don't use flawed traits very often, but when I do, I lean towards Clumsy and Erratic the most. Oh and sometimes Neat. I know most wouldn't pick that as a 'flawed' trait, but in my eyes, it really is flawed. It makes for some very funny moments when those Sims are always trying to clean desks. The faces they make look almost demented in their quest to clean. It's doubly fun when another Sim is trying to use a computer on the desk they're cleaning. hehe

Besides those three, I have one more. In the past I avoided Glutton like the plague but tried it once on my collector Sim. It was so fun! I love the hilarious faces and sounds they make while enjoying their food. That Sim ended up being one of my absolute favorites, she had such a fun personality and I gave her the bouncy walk too.

Another perk with that trait is how they can rummage for food in trash cans. Yeah, it's a bit gross, but it sure comes in handy when you play Rags to Riches style like I do with 95% of my Sims. So, I'm going to say that trait is my new flawed favorite. :)
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I enjoy Evil sims. My simself is married to one and I think they’re a lot of fun!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I have a mean, snobby sim who's always complaining to his neighbors if they make the slightest noise, so he's kinda fun.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I use "jealous" the most often. It doubles as clingy or possessive to me.

Like, if I want to make an insecure but good sim, I'll make them jealous when their friends or family members give others too much attention bc the sim is scared of losing said sims.
    And jealous is also just a good trait for making unpleasant sims that don't allow their romantic interests to hang out with ANYONE.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited November 2018
    I've used klepto, squeamish, slob, and lazy a lot recently. I try not to make most of my Sims too perfect, so I've used all of the negative traits at one point or another.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I like erratic and squeamish a lot as they actually do something (and yes, I like to pair squeamish with neat or someone who fishes a lot or put them in the same house with a slob because it is challenging and funny!). I also use mean and hot headed - evil does not really do anything other than that evil laugh thing that I have ever seen. Snob does not seem to do much either. I use jealousy if I want a really insecure sim because that is really what that trait amounts to - they are even jealous of their own children!
  • Options
    EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    I pretty much like all traits equally except a few: Erratic, Squeamish and Romantic. And that just means that now I have to build a sim with all those 3 traits.

Thanks for the idea.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I roll my Sims traits....just to make it more interesting as I'd probably pick the same traits. But the new one that I've been playing with is Lazy....and I love it. I had no idea that lazy Sims left their laundry on the ground....and could fall asleep at the table. My Lazy Sim was out to dinner with the family....wife, kids...everyone is dressed to impress in their formal attire....and my Sim is asleep at the table, in his tuxedo while his daughter is talking to him. I thought this was so hilarious.

I also like the jealous trait. Gloomy is cool too, as I don't like my Sims to always be happy.
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I like clumsy, gloomy, slob, lazy, glutton, and squeamish a lot. I find all those traits kinda cute and endearing