Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Sim Besties

Romance is great and all, but what about friendship? Have you ever created a pair of best friends? What were their stories? Did they have a lot in common or were they complete opposites? Share the adventures of your sims besties here.

I can't find any screenshots of them at the moment, but the very first household I created was a pair of best friends named Miranda Houston and Kitty Katz. They were kind of different. Miranda was very outgoing and Kitty was a loner, but they were both snobs.
Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey

Comments

• Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I always have at least one platonic friend for my sims so it doesn't get boring. But sometimes after my sims got married, they rarely hangout. I guess just like in real life.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    edited November 2018
    I often have a couple of good friends for my sims. Sometimes I make sims who are besties who lives together, and sometimes they make friends in the world.

Emmi and Ciara are best friends and I try to get them to hang out together on a regular basis. They met pretty early on in this save.

H8vnIor.png
    From their trip together to Selvadorada

QCV7osK.png
    From a gym outing

0RtC6Wc.png
    Dinner party

2z3vf26.png
    Went out for dinner

bKPFaXk.png
    Out partying with the girlfriends.
    Post edited by Thunderbat87 on
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    I made the Chocobros from FFXV and I have a save that's the four of them just going on camping adventures at Granite Falls and getting into shenanigans together. Lots of mischief occurring, as well as lots of Fishing for Noct. Which is basically what FFXV was in the first place!
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    my simself is usually best friends with don lothario and i tend to keep him in my house because he keeps being careless with well the lower half of his body and I have ot keep him from catching unlimited hands from the women hes hiding from XD
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i haven't yet purposefully created best friends (that's changing with get famous coming out and the totally spies girls showing up in my game. just too bad each sim can only have one best friend when all three spies are besties with each other)

have downloaded a few gallery sims that were set up that way, or some i thought would be nice to turn into besties for each other (about half my townies are gallery downloads just for a bit of diversity. others are either my own creations or edited existing townies)

however, one of my formerly-townie sims has what i consider to be the most amazing story with his best friend...who is also his arch-nemesis

the sim is dewayne davies, who already had a bit of background to him that changed my original plans for him. i had a different townie named lukas pagan that i saw jogging in one neighborhood with a very, very '80s gay look in his randomly generated sportswear (cutoff shorts and a half-shirt) that made me go "ok, i need to play this sim and find him a boyfriend". played lukas a bit and one of the first sims i had considered for him was dewayne, but chatting him up revealed a few things. first, he was an alien in disguise. second, he had the traits 'loves family', 'creative', and 'evil'. which i thought was an interesting mix. so, i decided to play him a bit, see how these traits played off each other. and it turned out he already had a love interest, a (female) disguised alien who was *good* and loved family. perfect for a challenging household!

the two married, had twins together, dewayne got abducted twice and got pregnant both times. he also joined the secret agent career, aiming for the villain path. he and his wife, while both loving their kids, couldn't stay together because of their vastly different worldviews, so they went their different ways, wife taking the twins and dewayne keeping his abduction offspring (who both got negative traits as they grew up). and dewayne and his kids moved to the lot diagonally across from the goths. i put a pause on them there, went to play another household for a while then came back just to find out that dewayne now had max friendship status with his neighbor and coworker, bella goth. although she's good to his evil and in the diamond agent path of secret agent. so, they're enemies...but also friends... i made them best friends after that, and treat them like the wolf and sheepdog in the old cartoons. try to beat each other when on the clock, but as soon as the shift is over, go out for drinks or dinner or whatnot
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    I try to make as many friends as possible for more excitement. The only down side is someone dies every 5 minutes so my Sim constantly has the mourning moodlet.
  • Options
    Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    My sims always have 1 best friend and sometimes a couple of other friends. I usually make them myself because I want them to be as old as my sims.
  • Options
    giovisapenguingiovisapenguin Posts: 19 Member
    i don't focus on best friends, instead i like my sims to have a little group of friends!
  • Options
    EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    I always try to give every main I'm playing a best friend, whether they have a family or significant other or not. And I try to keep them in the same age range.

Right now I'm raising two girls in two separate households to go and become best friends and take on the challenge of fame together... well, to become roommates who move from Brindleton Bay to Del Sol. They're children right now, in my game and only just met. They should age up just in time to make the move.

I find two best friends together, hard to play, typically. As soon as their lives get complicated they have to move out.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    My Sim besties.....was from The Not So Berry Challenge. Juniper was best friends with pal, Jagger as children. She is a loner Sim, obsessed with space and just hit it off with Jagger, who is alien.

Here they are as children:
    mYIH1Dm.png

& as teenagers....both had playing chess in common
    sSCMGvA.png

But their friendship blossomed into romance....and I think this is the first time I've ever had childhood best friends evolve into anything serious.
    First Kiss:
    axoRKf6.png

Engagement/Wedding:
    31Xr4mu.png
    r40GCAg.png
    l1247Zl.png
    G44q59U.png
    zvBK39I.png
    sykHBjL.png

Other Pics:
    0ebbZAW.png
    Their firstborn....Jaida Berry
    am6mBnx.png
    Cute pic of Jagger with Juniper, who was expecting their second child
    9oRJQej.png
    4RE8p6C.png
    The happy couple in Granite Falls

Jagger, was Juniper's best friend & first love....but their life did not have a fairytale ending. Jagger ended up cheating with Juniper's Aunt!! He got caught by Juniper....they tried to make it work, but Juniper ended up divorcing him. They have a total of 5 kids. 3 of them went to live with their dad, and 2 stayed with Juniper. After a messy divorce....they're doing their best to co-parent. Currently in game....they're rebuilding their friendship....both realizing that what their friendship is worth fighting for :)
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    My favorite save started as three best friends as roomies. It was the first save I played rotationally after they married and had families because I could not let them go.
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    My favorite besties in my game are the ones in my profile pic. The sim with pink hair is Lyric Milano, and the one with green hair is Skylar Paisley. I have a whole storyline for them that I am playing out.

Their story started with a little girl named Angie. Previously, Angie’s family lived in a tiny, two bedroom house in Willow Creek. Her parents advanced in their careers and moved the family to a nice house in Oasis Springs. One day Skylar, who also lived in Oasis Springs, saw Angie playing at the playground beside her house, so she went over to introduce herself to her. Angie’s friend, Ryan London, was also there and the three quickly became best friends. Ryan’s family is the wealthiest family in Willow Creek. Angie, Ryan, and Skylar also had a friend named Casey. Angie and Ryan met Casey when they were kids living in Willow Creek.

As teenagers, Skylar and Casey attended the birthday party of Ryan’s twin cousins, Lyric and Noelle Milano. They are the daughters of a famous singer who lives on the island in Windenburg. Skylar and Lyric realized how much they had in common (both rich, outgoing, musically talented, stylish and into fashion) and they soon became best friends. Lyric, Skylar, Ryan, and Casey had a lot of freedom so they could hang out all the time. Angie’s mom was easygoing, but her dad was strict, so her time hanging with her friends was limited to the weekends. She also had a strict curfew. Angie became rebellious over time, breaking curfew and sneaking out of the house so she could be with her friends.

As teens, Ryan and Angie started dating. But Casey was in love with Angie. One day Angie visited Casey at his house and he asked her out. But she rejected him, informing him that she was dating Ryan. Casey was consumed with jealously, and eventually he started a rumor that Skylar and Ryan were secretly dating. This caused Angie to break up with Ryan and end her friendship with Skylar. Angie was devastated at the alleged betrayal and went to Casey for comfort. She ended up getting pregnant by Casey and having twins. Her father was furious, so she and Casey moved to the Needs TLC apartment in Medina Studios after the twins were born.

Skylar remained friends with Ryan and they later began dating. Now Skylar, Ryan, Lyric, Noelle, Noelle’s boyfriend Zane, their friend Corey, and two other sims live together in an off-campus university house and attend Windenburg University.

When GF is released, I will continue their stories. Lyric will have an elevated fame level because her dad is a famous singer. Skylar will increase her fame by vlogging and starting her own YouTube reality show, recording their daily lives in the university house.

After graduation, Skylar, an already famous singer and Internet personality, and Ryan, an athlete, will get married and move to the Pinnacles. Lyric’s career will have taken off as well, and she will marry a fellow musician named Domenico de Luca. They will move to the clocktower penthouse I placed in San Myshuno. Their families will be very close. They will spend lots of time together going on vacations, throwing parties, etc., and their kids will be best friends as well.

Meanwhile, Angie and Casey will spend the first few years of their marriage struggling in the TLC apartment. Casey will work low paying jobs and Angie will attend community college. Angie is also a talented violinist, so she will busk in the Arts Quarter for extra cash. Casey will become a cop and Angie will finish college and open a daycare. Then they will move to Newcrest and have another child, a daughter named Hayley. Angie will enroll Hayley in dance classes in Del Sol Valley. There she will meet Gia, the daughter of Ryan and Skylar. Gia and Hayley will become best friends, a secret that Angie will hide from Casey due to his dislike for Gia’s parents.

Over time, Angie will begin to question if Casey made up the rumors about Skylar and Ryan to ruin her relationship. When Hayley becomes a teen, she and Gia will start a band. Hayley will also start dating Gia’s older brother, Remi. Casey will find out about all of this and forbid her from being in the band, being friends with Gia, and dating Remi. Hayley will run away from home to live with Remi in his San Myshuno penthouse. This will cause Angie to reach out to Skylar for help in getting Hayley to come back home. Skylar and Angie will have a long talk and once more, Skylar will tell Angie the rumors about her and Ryan in high school were lies created by Casey. Angie will finally confront Casey about this matter, he will confess, and Angie will leave him. Skylar and Angie will repair their friendship and Angie will start her life over, pursuing her childhood musical aspirations.