Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

days_from_aging_progress may not be working as intended

If I had Seasons, I'd test the one interaction that contains it, flowerArrangement_Loot_Scent_Life

But I can't confirm based on that, as I don't have Seasons to test with.

What I can confirm is that the following code, as a loot action called at the end of a custom super interaction, is (as far as I can tell) bringing the age progress back to 0, rather than decrementing it by the given number. Essentially doing the same thing that reset_aging_progress_in_category does if set to true.
    <V t="life_extension">
      <U n="life_extension">
        <T n="bonus_days">0</T>
        <T n="days_from_aging_progress">1</T>
        <T n="reset_aging_progress_in_category">False</T>
        <E n="subject">Actor</E>
      </U>
    </V>

(As an aside, I tested with days_from_aging_progress commented out and the loot action did nothing, so days_from_aging_progress is definitely what's resetting it.)

The tuning for days_from_aging_progress is described as:
Number of days to restore to the target's aging progress in their
current category.

If a target is already at the minimum value of their category's age
progress, this will not change their age.

So as far as I can tell, the idea is that you put in a number and that number is the number of days of progress that will be removed from the total days aged in the current bracket (bracket meaning Teen, Adult, Elder, etc.).

For example, if days till age up is 96 and total days till age up for the stage is 99, then
<T n="days_from_aging_progress">1</T>
will change days till age up to 97.

But in my testing, it jumps back as if it's been reset, every time.

What's bizarre is the logic of the code seems to be fairly basic and on point.
def decrement_age_progress(self, days):
        delta_age = self._age_progress.get_value() - days
        new_age_value = max(delta_age, 0)
        self._age_progress.set_value(new_age_value)
        self.send_age_progress_bar_update()
        self.resend_age()
        self.update_age_callbacks()

My best guess is that it's repeatedly calling the decrement for some reason that would become clear on closer examination of how the code is called. I can't make any sense of it beyond that at the moment.

TL;DR: In my testing, days_from_aging_progress is putting age progress at the beginning, the same as reset_aging_progress_in_category, instead of decrementing by the given number. I suggest testing the functionality of flowerArrangement_ScentResponse_Orchid to see if it's behaving as I describe, or if it's working as intended.

@SimGuruModSquad
Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io

Comments