Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Classic Sims in Sims 4: Holly Alto, Dustin Broke...

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,603 Member
    Whelp there will be two Dustin and Dirk since I made the Premade Sims 2 of the classic Pleasant, Burbs, Brokes, Dreamer, The Landgraabs including Dudley and MiMi. And the townie premade Christy Stratton from Sims 2.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,218 Member
    Wasn't the broke skin was lighter? ( Note I'm black)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    I was earlier going to hook up Holly with Dustin but now I'm thinking about hooking her and Dirk up.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Ack...whenever I do get this pack I am going to have to delete these people. I have already added a lot of Sims 2 Pleasantview premades to my current save.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Ack...whenever I do get this pack I am going to have to delete these people. I have already added a lot of Sims 2 Pleasantview premades to my current save.

Their homeless unless you move them into the neighborhood. Their homeless townies. They just randomly appear. Their not the premades living in DSV that are coming with this pack.
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I don't know Dirk Dreamer. What pack was he in?

In Sims 2, the son of Darren and Darleen (deceased) Dreamer. They are basegame sims.

Weird. I don't remember them! I suppose I just ignored most premades back then?

I think they also showed up in Lucky Palms (TS3)

• Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited October 2018
    CK213 wrote: »
    I think I will be deleting and replacing Holly Alto.
    #NotMyHolly.

Exactly. None of them like the originals in my opinion. Especially Holly
    It’s as if they put no effort into making them...
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    keekee53 wrote: »

Their homeless unless you move them into the neighborhood. Their homeless townies. They just randomly appear. Their not the premades living in DSV that are coming with this pack.

even worse. Can we delete them in household manager? I really hope so.
  • Options
    Skellington7dSkellington7d Posts: 16 Member
    Oh dear, has Dustin become the Logan Paul of SimNation?
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Update, guys... Look who i have found... Mister Dirk:
    tumblr_ph65bacwav1rs9l6ao1_1280.png
    @catloverplayer @tinahjalmar @luthienrising @Hermitgirl @stilljustme2
    I’ll darken him up in cas. Give him whatever eye color he had in sims 2. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited October 2018
    @leetamme i don't know if there are more premades in this ep. As far as a could see the only townie-celebrities were Dustin Broke, Dirk Dreamer, Holly Alto and Baby Ariel. Not sure if there are more, but i would lvoe it!

@catloverplayer the other one behind him is Thorne Bailey. And, Dirk was Lilith's boyfriend in Sims 2. Lilith was more gothic/rebel looking, but she was actually the good twin. Dustin was Angela's boyfriend, she dressed up pink/flowers like she was a good girl, but she was the mean one. Holly Alto in Sims 3 was a good sim, not sure if they changed that in this version, but she would match Dirk's taste. I like seeing how other people play with premades, dont forget to share what happened when you are able to play the game.

@06Bon06 Me too. I love brand new premades, but i hope they continue giving the classic premades the love and respect they deserve. I was thinking about it today and i would love to see the Greenman family in a Plantsim GP or something like that, and the Summerdream family in a Fairy GP as well. Also, the families from Bluewater Village, Riverblossom Hills, Desiderata Valley, Belladonna Cove and all 3 universities never received any love. They never showed up in Sims 3... As far as i know, none of the Stories families had any attention, only one ghost from Castaway Stories if i am not wrong. Hope to see some sims from those towns... From the Stories series i would love to see Riley Harlow at least.

@CK213 I know... Her hair is darker and shorter than in Sunset Valley, but Vita had dark brown hair, while Nick had black hair. I always though that Holly used to paint her hair blonde so her image would not be associated with her parents. Holly was very different from Vita and Nick in personality, and didnt agree with their criminal practices and evil behaviour so much so that you can read this in her description. If had to come up with a backstory for her, i would say that she was good and dreamed about being a benevolent celebrity to help other people with her influence, but she knew that her parents acts of crime would not go unnoticed for too long, to avoid being associated in such scandal she then started changing her appearance until she was old enough to get away from them to become a star. But thats up to you. I dint get to see enough of her facial structure to say that she doesnt look like the Sims 3 version.

@Briana2425 You can delete them if you feel that they would break your immersion. I would also suggest to leave them, just change their names to a random one. I also play a lot recreating sims from previous games, i have recreated Mimi and Duddley in one of my saves, i loved them cuz they had personality and dressed in unique ways, thats something Sims 4 is lacking,

@Horrorgirl6 i dont understand. Do you mean Dustin's skin was lighter in SIms 2? Maybe its the lights in the screenshot. They are inside a lounge or something like that. Check the video i posted before, i think you can see him properly.
  • Options
    dizzydee_k wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I don't know Dirk Dreamer. What pack was he in?

In Sims 2, the son of Darren and Darleen (deceased) Dreamer. They are basegame sims.

Weird. I don't remember them! I suppose I just ignored most premades back then?

I think they also showed up in Lucky Palms (TS3)

Yes, Dirk's parents actually. It was in a timeline before they got married.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Marnetti wrote: »
    I think I will be deleting and replacing Holly Alto.
    #NotMyHolly.

Exactly. None of them like the originals in my opinion. Especially Holly
    It’s as if they put no effort into making them...

@Marnetti;I know... I was a little upset when i saw that htey had changed the Caliente sisters mother for no good reason, and Don... He looks nothing like a casanova for me. Just another muscular jock toy boy... But i managed to fit the Sims 4 version of those sims in my game. Katrina's for example, she's actually Nina and Dina's aunt. Their parents were too strict to the point were they turned into abusive parents when Nina and Dina were teenagers, they acted abusive to them cuz they didnt agree with how they dressed and didnt follow the rules. Nighat then blamed Flamenco's blood and his sister Katrina influence over the girls. After some time they escaped and started living with her aunt that treated them like human beings and not robots. I pretend that its a timeline before Sims 2 started (Cassandra is still a teen, her mom did not dissapear yet... i just followed the good sense). The Landgraab family just messes my timeline, then i deleted them. I think they should already be dead or something. Dustin and Dirk look different, but if you look closely you will see that they are Young Adults now. Not teenagers anymore. I dont look anything (thanks god) to how i used to look in high school. I feel their appearence kidna evolved from what they were set in SIms 2. Dustin had a lazier behaviour to him, his clothes style dont look so different from what his dressed now, and his kinda reminding me of his grandfather Bob Newbie. Dirk just lookes older to me, and his hair seems to have grown which is normal. When i played them bakc in Sims too Dustin alwasy followed the bad boy path were he would be a criminal or he would get in the slacker career. Being a star fits the slacker side to me. Dirk's description in SIms 2 says "Dirk has made every effort to do well in all areas of his life.", maybe thats why he is a star. Maybe he got jealous of Dustin's fame and attention when he was the one that did the hard work, that studied to be the best student and all of that. This backstory is just speculation, but that would fit the theme were the Sims 2 set them and the Pleasant twins fo be dating the wrong partners. Holly Alto just follows the same pattern as the Landgraab family (she should be an elder or close to that, she was older than Bella and Mortimer), she doesnt fit for me in that timeline, I really hate the reboot they did in SIms 4 and they dont belong in my timeline, haha.
    I am currently playing Strangetown remade in Sims 4, by the time i am ready to play Pleasantview i think i am going to change Dusitn and Dirk to be teenagers, change their clothes and follow that storyline of jealousy and envy. I will evolve them to be the celebrities they are in Get Famous.
    Thats my opinion about premades looking different, thats not the main problem. People evolve and change clothes overtime, but i HATED the rebooted timeline.
    Oh dear, has Dustin become the Logan Paul of SimNation?

If you know Dustin from Sims 2... probably and i find that hilarious hahaha
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2018
    Soooo I actually got excited when I heard that people spotted Dustin and Dirk...only to be immediately disappointed when I discovered that they just slapped the names onto random townies who don't even attempt to resemble the sims they were named after...kinda like the Caliente household. I guess the Goths are still the only legacy characters that get any real attention or effort put into them.

Dirk's the one that REALLY got me (mostly because the Dreamer household was a favorite of mine in TS2). It's like they just found some random black NPC in a blue shirt and just went "Yep. That's Dirk Dreamer". Though I guess it's nice to have some confirmation that he is black.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'd like to see (young) Olive Spectre making a return...is, is that too weird?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Update, guys... Look who i have found... Mister Dirk:
    tumblr_ph65bacwav1rs9l6ao1_1280.png
    @catloverplayer @tinahjalmar @luthienrising @Hermitgirl @stilljustme2
    I’ll darken him up in cas. Give him whatever eye color he had in sims 2. :)

That guy looks nothing like Dirk and why did they make him so light....ugh If they were not going to put any effort into making them look at least similar to the Sims they were, they should have gave them random names.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Not at all. I'd wager most of us have our favorite pre-mades. Though, if the ones we're getting with the upcoming pack are anything to go by, you're better off recreating them yourself.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

Not at all. I'd wager most of us have our favorite pre-mades. Though, if the ones we're getting with the upcoming pack are anything to go by, you're better off recreating them yourself.

Yeah, I might as well remake her myself really. In fact I've done that with Agnes Crumplebottom and I quite enjoy my own rendition of her better.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Soooo I actually got excited when I heard that people spotted Dustin and Dirk...only to be immediately disappointed when I discovered that they just slapped the names onto random townies who don't even attempt to resemble the sims they were named after...kinda like the Caliente household. I guess the Goths are still the only legacy characters that get any real attention or effort put into them.

Dirk's the one that REALLY got me (mostly because the Dreamer household was a favorite of mine in TS2). It's like they just found some random black NPC in a blue shirt and just went "Yep. That's Dirk Dreamer". Though I guess it's nice to have some confirmation that he is black.

Are there people who thought he was white?

As Sims 4 has its own timeline that doesnt need to respect the classic one, yes... Thats a reasonable thing to ask. I like her as well, hope they add her then.

It would be cool if before all the Packs released they did a competition between us to see who created the best remake of some classic sims. The winners version would be added to the official game as a townie?npc or playable family.
    We sure are better at re-creating old Sims., and a competiton would add a fun thing for the community to do.
  • Options

Are there people who thought he was white?

For a while, my cousins and I used to debate on whether he and Darren are black or Indian. The hair always threw my cousins off.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,537 Member
    edited October 2018

@CK213 I know... Her hair is darker and shorter than in Sunset Valley, but Vita had dark brown hair, while Nick had black hair. I always though that Holly used to paint her hair blonde so her image would not be associated with her parents. Holly was very different from Vita and Nick in personality, and didnt agree with their criminal practices and evil behaviour so much so that you can read this in her description. If had to come up with a backstory for her, i would say that she was good and dreamed about being a benevolent celebrity to help other people with her influence, but she knew that her parents acts of crime would not go unnoticed for too long, to avoid being associated in such scandal she then started changing her appearance until she was old enough to get away from them to become a star. But thats up to you. I dint get to see enough of her facial structure to say that she doesnt look like the Sims 3 version.

Yes, that's what I kind of liked about Holly. It was like she got genes from a different branch of the family tree.
    You kind of felt sorry for being raised by such parents. I also edited Holly a bit, so even my Holly was different from the TS3 Holly.

Nick Alto is a real meany. He was giving the new maid a hard time.
    Screenshot-771.jpg

He didn't like Holly's fiance either.
    Screenshot-788-1.jpg

I had a great time with the Altos in TS3.
    Vita plotted Nick's demise. She also wanted to blend the Alto and Landgraab bloodlines, which they weren't about to agree to. Plus Holly was too old for Malcolm anyway. So Vita hatched a very long term scheme where she would groom Lisa Bunch to be attractive to Malcolm Landgraab and then she would have Lisa and Malcolm's child marry Holly's youngest child. (When they all grew up of course.)
    All that was needed was for it to breakdown at the right moment.
    Screenshot-854-1.jpg

Plus a little appliance moving.
    Screenshot-861-1.jpg

Screenshot-863-1.jpg

Vita is a great actress.
    Screenshot-865-1.jpg

Screenshot-1007.jpg

Screenshot-1386.jpg

Screenshot-1893.jpg

Screenshot-2384.jpg

Screenshot-2388.jpg

Screenshot-334.jpg

Screenshot-4079.jpg

I probably wouldn't care how Holly looks in TS4 if I hadn't had a long drawn out experience of Vita Alto's master plot in TS3. There is no way I can have Holly in my game if she doesn't look like the Holly I played. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options

Yes, that's what I kind of liked about Holly. It was like she got genes from a different branch of the family tree.
    You kind of felt sorry for being raised by such parents. I also edited Holly a bit, so even my Holly was different from the TS3 Holly.

Nick Alto is a real meany. He was giving the new maid a hard time.
    Screenshot-771.jpg

He didn't like Holly's fiance either.
    Screenshot-788-1.jpg

I had a great time with the Altos in TS3.
    Vita plotted Nick's demise. She also wanted to blend the Alto and Landgraab bloodlines, which they weren't about to agree to. Plus Holly was too old for Malcolm anyway. So Vita hatched a very long term scheme where she would groom Lisa Bunch to be attractive to Malcolm Landgraab and then she would have Lisa and Malcolm's child marry Holly's youngest child. (When they all grew up of course.)
    All that was needed was for it to breakdown at the right moment.
    Screenshot-854-1.jpg

Plus a little appliance moving.
    Screenshot-861-1.jpg

Screenshot-863-1.jpg

Vita is a great actress.
    Screenshot-865-1.jpg

Screenshot-1007.jpg

Screenshot-1386.jpg

Screenshot-1893.jpg

Screenshot-2384.jpg

Screenshot-2388.jpg

Screenshot-334.jpg

Screenshot-4079.jpg

I probably wouldn't care how Holly looks in TS4 if I hadn't had a long drawn out experience of Vita Alto's master plot in TS3. There is no way I can have Holly in my game if she doesn't look like the Holly I played. :)

I always thought Nick was more of the grumpy type, Vita really seemed to be more spiteful. Its cool to see your stories!
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Hmm. I HAVE now in my game Holy and all Alto family and too Broke. What I do now?
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited October 2018
    Lol i have all 3 in my current save and they are dead. I wish we could have more Sim returnees!
  • Options
    Hmm. I HAVE now in my game Holy and all Alto family and too Broke. What I do now?

You can delete them in the manage worlds tool.
    Lol i have all 3 in my current save and they are dead. I wish we could have more Sim returnees!

yes ,me too! Which sim that is not present in Sims 4 was your favorite and you would like to see return?