Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Duggar Challenge 2.0

Disclaimer: I did not create this challenge. This is my revised version of the original, which was made by @Practicallyasim. You can find it here.
Another Disclaimer: I fully support LGBTQ+ and women's rights. I am just embodying the Duggar's beliefs in attempt to make this as realistic as possible.

START
-Create two sims
-They must be opposite genders
-They must be YA
-They may be named whatever you want, but they must have the same last name
-They must follow the dress code
-The mother MUST have the following traits: Family Oriented
-It is recommended, but not required, that the father have Family Oriented as well
-Some good traits are: Good, Cheerful, Family Oriented, Neat
-Upon entering the game, it is okay if you want to cheat satisfaction points just to get the mother the Fertile reward trait

DRESS CODE (NO EXCEPTIONS)

Men:
-Must have short hair
-Must always wear a shirt that covers everything, including shoulders (for swimwear, just cancel the filter)
-Pants or shorts must be at or below the knee

Women:
-Must always wear a skirt or dress
-Skirt/dress must be at or below the knee
-If the skirt/dress is just a little bit too short, you must wear the capri or legging accessory
-No cleavage
-No exposed midriffs (for swimwear, wear a shirt and a skirt. It's okay if it shows some thigh)
-No exposed shoulders
-Cannot have short hair

HOUSE
-Your house may be as big or as small as you want
-Your house must have at least one bedroom for the parents, one for the girls, and one for the boys
-You must have a dining table that seats everyone, and the toddlers must eat at a highchair when possible
-No TV or computer
-If you need a computer for work, then lock it in a seperate room, and don't let anyone in except for work

JOBS/HOUSEHOLD ROLES
-Men must be the breadwinners
-They can choose any job except for painting, fashion, social media, or any other "feminine" job
-Women must do all the childcare, cooking, and cleaning
-Men must do all the object repairing
-Girls should try to get at least one skill point in cooking (teens), creativity (kids), or imagination (toddlers) before they age up
-Boys should try to get at least one skill point in handiness (teens), motor (kids), or motor (toddlers) before they age up
-Girls must help their mom with childcare/cooking/cleaning
-YA girls cannot move out until they get married. YA guys can before they're married
-Teen and YA girls who still live in the household have to help take care of babies and toddlers. Female Children can help with cleaning.
-Teen and YA boys should help their dads repair objects/do other "manly" things
-Teens and unmarried women can get jobs, but they have to give the money to the parents. Teen girls can babysit or work as a barista (or any other "feminine" job) and teen boys can do a more "masculine" job, such as manual labor.
-The Duggars homeschool their kids. You should not let them go to school. There are mods (like MCCC) that let your sims quit school but if you don't want mods just keep them home and use a cheat to keep their grades at school above a D (Because if you get an F Sim Social Services will come and take the kid away). While at "school" sims should learn a musical instrument, work on skills, or read

COURTSHIP/MARRIAGE
-Can only have romantic relationships with the opposite sex
-Only allowed to do the "first kiss" interaction to move along the relationship, no other kisses until marriage
-No using the holding hands interaction until engagement
-Must have a good friendly relationship
-Should have a good relationship with in-laws (if there are any) before courtship/engagement/marriage
-If you are very good friends, you may use cheats to add to your romantic relationship so you don't have to romantically interact too much (the Duggars don't believe in a lot of romance before marriage)
-No Try For Baby or Woohoo before marriage
-Only the man can propose
-May not elope, you must have a big wedding
-No woohoo, only "try for baby" except when the woman is already pregnant
-If you have room in your household, try to get the woman pregnant again as soon as possible
-No divorce except under extreme circumstances
-Once married and out of the house, the couple can choose to forego certain restrictions set by the parents, for instance allowing women to wear pants.

AGING
-You may put your lifespan on Long, Normal or Short, or adjust it using mods

CC/MODS POLICY
-CC is allowed
-Mods are allowed, even overstuff mods
-MC Command Center is a great mod (You can find it here)

OPTIONAL - POINTS
+2 points for 1 baby
+4 points for twins
+7 points for triplets
+2 points for each time a child gets married to the first person they dated
+2 points for each time a child gets married without breaking courtship rules
+4 points for every time a child maintains the same modesty rules even after moving out
+4 points for every successful "gold medal" event
+3 points for every promotion in a job
+6 points if you manage to get your sims from Young Adulthood to death (or birth to death) without ever using a computer or tv

-10 points if a child gets taken away
-5 points if a child goes to school
-4 points if your child breaks courtship rules
-4 points if anyone majorly breaks gender roles or modesty rules
-10 points if anyone has premarital WooHoo or has a romance with the same sex.
-2 points if anyone commits a minor sin, like being rude/talking back, or only slightly breaking gender roles or modesty (for instance a woman wearing pants but quickly changing)

-/+ add or subtract your own points

And that's it! Sorry the rules are so long. These rules are flexible and you can change them to your liking. Let me know if you like it or have any feedback! I would love to hear about it!
My origin ID is quiverfullsims | My simblr can be found here. It follows the Rowan family- an extremely conservative clan with nearly 17 children.
Post edited by GeniusSimmerGirl on

Comments

• Options
    SJWMamaSJWMama Posts: 1 New Member
    I just found this challenge but to make it challenging to conceive that many children I would alter the woohoo/try for baby rule given that if we are imitating humans women aren't fertile 365 days a year, for about a week in every menstrual cycle (up to 3 days either side of ovulation if you're being generous) there is a chance of conception. I usually play as 2 days out of 7 (so slightly more than the 1 week in 4 of real humans) are potentially fertile (try for baby) and use MC command centre to add a 10% risky woohoo for those times when the woman's cycle is a different length to normal.
  • Options
    GeniusSimmerGirlGeniusSimmerGirl Posts: 68 Member
    cool, that sounds interesting! I'm more of a non realistic player but you do yoU! :smiley:
    My origin ID is quiverfullsims | My simblr can be found here. It follows the Rowan family- an extremely conservative clan with nearly 17 children.
  • Options
    Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    What are Duggars? Are they like Amish?
  • Options
    GeniusSimmerGirlGeniusSimmerGirl Posts: 68 Member
    @Chris_McSims they're extremely conservative christians.