Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we can make a retail beauty place with Get Famous and GTW?

Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
Hello,
In one of the scenes from the Get Famous trailer, we can see a Sim getting her makeup and hair done. I would really like to make a retail beauty place with this pack and Get to Work. Other Sims would pay my Sim to do their hair and makeup, or it can be an NPC run place for Sims to visit. If they have special "stylist chairs" maybe this is possible. I might even be able to use some of the objects from Spa Day.

Do any of you think it might work?
I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.

Comments

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    You might be able to make a community lot where townies spawn at the makeup chair or whatever to do your Sim's makeup (or maybe you could hire them to, like you can with food stands and stuff). But unless it's a feature in the pack to 'own' a salon or something, I don't think you'll be able to run it as a business.

Retail from GTW allows you to sell items, not services. So you could sell the items (any make up items, the chair or makeup station if that's a thing, CAS outfits) but your store employees won't be able to run the items themselves. This would have to be a feature expanded on. Maybe this pack has it, I dunno. That'd be cool.

You can at least dress your store staff in the outfits from the packs, so there's that. :) You can theme a store all around that stuff if you wanted to. Or if you have Dine Out, you could make a themed diner.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Thinking more on it, you could use those style items coming in the next patch, that lets you change townies' outfits in CAS, to give your store customers makeovers if you wanted. It'd be for 'free' technically, but you can earn money by having snacks (Dine Out instead of GTW) or selling makeup on the side with GTW. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    There's no reason to think it might work, since retail stores have only been able to sell objects thus far, and nothing else.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    There's no reason to think it might work, since retail stores have only been able to sell objects thus far, and nothing else.

Prehaps it's a new lot type.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I'm going to guess the makeover chair and wardrobe fitting station are objects that are only designed to work on the movie studio lot, the way doctor items only work on the hospital lot. A random sim will generate to do your hair/makeup or your clothing.

If we're really lucky it will work on any public lot, but I doubt it will be coded for your sim to make any money from (if they can even use it).

Maybe they'll be able to re-purpose this object in future to make a salon, though?
  • Options
    Hello,
    I’m sorry to post about this again, but now that the pack is out I’m wondering if it’s possible to get the stylist chair to work on other lots. I assume it’s not in Build/Buy, but maybe it’s possible to do this with cheats . Does anyone know?

Thank you .
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes, I've tried it out on my own retail lot and you can use both the styling chair and stand. As the owner you can go in and ask other sims if they'd like a makeover and as a customer you can ask anyone really but for immersion purposes ask the employees and they'll cycle you through 3 randomly generated looks. You can cancel the interaction if you find a look you like or let the interaction play through and you sims will end up back in their original look.

Asking to style or be styled isn't a guaranteed yes as other sims may tell you no. This depends on their relationship with your sim and whether they are in a good mood.

There is also no autonomy to tell your sims or other sims to get styled this is most likely due to the fact that there are no official stylist sims to man the station and since it was a retail lot the turning is set so sims are more focused on browsing the store and shopping then getting styled.

Overall though I do like having these items in my shops since they really make them feel more complete. They'll mostly be for story telling purposes and immersion however but it can be fun seeing your sims get styled and from what I've seen the generated outfits are more put together then the townie outfits. Also you can ask to be styled by outfit category so everyday, formal, party, etc. So you can tell a story of a sim going to a salon/stylist for a date or event.
  • Options
    Yahoo! Oh I'm so happy. Thank you very much for the detailed response @VentusMatt . Now I really really really want this pack. :)