Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Get Famous - Announcement Info

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Thought I would make a thread, so all announced (or leaked :D ) info is in one spot.

Firstly, the EP is "The Sims 4: Get Famous" and here is the cover art:

DpDyMDlXoAE99IG.jpg

Release Date:
PC/MAC - November 16, 2018 WW
XBOX ONE/PS4: TBA

Potential In-Game Home Screen render:
DpDrjTIWwAAhir5.jpg:large

New Screenshots:
TS4_EP06_OFFICIAL_SCREENSHOTS_03_001_1080.jpg
TS4_EP06_OFFICIAL_SCREENSHOTS_02_002_1080.jpg
TS4_EP06_OFFICIAL_SCREENSHOTS_01_004_1080.jpg
TS4_EP06_OFFICIAL_SCREENSHOTS_04_001_1080.jpg

New World:
TBC name but names of Neighbourhoods:
Del Sol Valley
The Pinnacles
Starlight Boulevard

Key Details:

Reach for the stars

Rise to stardom as an actor or influencer and navigate the wild turns of wealth and fame. Audition for career-making roles, attend wardrobe fittings, buy a mega mansion & cruise through Del Sol Valley in style.

You’ve got fans

The famous life was made for your Sims, so show off your fab celebrity lifestyle.

Claim Your Fame

Embark on a glamorous career path and face the challenges that come with being a pop culture icon.

Act the Part

Audition for commercial gigs or land a breakout role in the latest blockbuster

Run This Town

Be the talk of the town when you find yourself in a mansion at The Pinnacles with a spot on the walk of fame.

Live a Lavish Lifestyle

Go from extravagant set costumes to chic streetwear as you strut down Starlight Boulevard
Post edited by jackjack_k on

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I love this. I never had the movie pack thing from sims 1 and this looks so good.
  • Options
    So I'm guessing we know what the Voice Acting for CNN was for!

We have a Pirate Ship, and there were rumours of Pirates. It's all the acting that's coming.
  • Options
    I'm hoping:

- Sims in the acting career, will have an "acting skill" and they will fail if they are low more often. The game *should* be able to render a video that allows us to see our Sims on TV/in Cinemas.

- New Cinema venue where we can see Movies AND see movies our Sims were in. (Maybe the game will let us film them, and then have an in-game editor to save our creations and then view them in the game).

- The more famous are Sims are, the more chances we see them on Billboards/Ads around the world.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    @jackjack_k

Where does it say we’re getting a new world?
  • Options
    @Chazzzy wrote: »
    @jackjack_k

The screenshots confirm a new world.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited October 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    @jackjack_k

The third screen shot... :) 5th, if you count from the beginning..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Of all the colors in the rainbow, why did they pick red again when we already have an EP that is red?

I dislike when they put items in the render that are not specifically tied to the pack being advertised. I see several items that are currently in game already. I feel that’s a form of false advertising.

They could also be doing that thing where they tweak one small thing and put it into a new pack as though it were a new item/concept entirely. I remember there was a big thread of all the times they’ve done that up here.
  • Options
    Of all the colors in the rainbow, why did they pick red again when we already have an EP that is red?

I dislike when they put items in the render that are not specifically tied to the pack being advertised. I see several items that are currently in game already. I feel that’s a form of false advertising.

They could also be doing that thing where they tweak one small thing and put it into a new pack as though it were a new item/concept entirely. I remember there was a big thread of all the times they’ve done that up here.

It's Pink?

Also, not sure what you're referring to. The only thing I see are the boxes from C&D. Also, they may reuse items from all different packs for Movie Sets, doesn't mean we'll have access to them in Buy Mode. I don't mind if they reuse assets for things like this, as long as they don't sell us major features twice.
  • Options
    hlf201hlf201 Posts: 14 New Member
    Yay! So excited for this! I love TS1 Superstar expansion pack with the celebrity star rating, paparazzi, obsessed fans etc so hope there's a similarities in this new pack.
  • Options
    Curious is we can be make-up artists.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

It's Pink?

Also, not sure what you're referring to. The only thing I see are the boxes from C&D. Also, they may reuse items from all different packs for Movie Sets, doesn't mean we'll have access to them in Buy Mode. I don't mind if they reuse assets for things like this, as long as they don't sell us major features twice.

Looks red to me.

And you don’t mind that they reuse assets, and that’s fine. I’m one of the people who do mind.

Yes there are the boxes from C&D and that directors chair to the left are what I noticed at first glance.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Omg I'm so excited!
    One question though, can Sims become famous for other than being an actor or a style influencer? I want to make a famous writer, painter etc. :o
  • Options
    If the Fame system (if there is one) will only include the new careers, that would be such a big letdown for many Simmers :lol:
  • Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Who needs Uni when you can just leak you sim's woohoo tape onto the internet and get famous, right?
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

It's Pink?

Looks red to me.

And you don’t mind that they reuse assets, and that’s fine. I’m one of the people who do mind.

Yes there are the boxes from C&D and that directors chair to the left are what I noticed at first glance.

Reusing assets makes more sense than spending money to remake the exact same thing, instead of new content.

One of the biggest complaints from earlier packs, was they would make nearly identical objects to what we already have. Get To Work added a whole bunch of objects that looked straight out of the base game for venues, instead of just reusing them and coming up with new stuff.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Omg I'm so excited!
    One question though, can Sims become famous for other than being an actor or a style influencer? I want to make a famous writer, painter etc. :o

Can somebody PLEASE ask this asap from a SimGuru? I may not be able to ask since I am busy with other things right now :grimace:

And thank you if you can <3 happy Simming!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    Seems to me like Del Sol Valley is the actual world name and the other two are just neighborhoods. One of them, the Pinnacles with the walk of fame is probably that one in the screenshot with the paparazzi and celebrity signing a picture.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    For the sake of Plumbob, I still need my singers and bands and more instruments <3 I hope we'll get them later on though. Ugh..we can never get everything in an EP :smiley:
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    If the Fame system (if there is one) will only include the new careers, that would be such a big letdown for many Simmers :lol:

I don't want that to happen but knowing sims 4 the worst case scenario will be true
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018

Hope not! I mean clubs goes across all EP’s. And Seasons all worlds. One would think the fame system is also part of the whole game.

Sims should be able to turn their hobbies and careers into fame. What about djing? Singing? Etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    edited October 2018
    The color for the EP looks magenta to me.

I'm liking the new CAS. The furniture shown is a bit gawdy for my taste, but I'm sure I can find a couple homes to use them in. I'm really excited for the new careers, and I hope there is a good celebrity system! I've got several households with wannabe actors and actresses just waiting for this EP. :smiley:

And that screenshot with the city view is totally giving me Sims Bustin' Out vibes! One of my favorite locations from that game, Tinsel Bluffs! I just loved that view of the city...that and Goth Manor. <3
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    @ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    For the sake of Plumbob, I still need my singers and bands and more instruments <3 I hope we'll get them later on though. Ugh..we can never get everything in an EP :smiley:

I think Late Night and Showtime are good examples that they should keep the theme specific. Trying to cram too much under "Celebrities" or "Performing" in an EP mean we get less fleshed out content and more useless systems.

Musicians should be their own pack. Bands, Touring, Record Labels, Instruments etc. Releasing albums, filming Music Videos. Having song charts based on how much you promote.

Musicians and Actors "fame" is very different and the mistake EA has made in the past is combining them.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Hope not! I mean clubs goes across all EP’s. And Seasons all worlds. One would think the fame system is also part of the whole game.

Sims should be able to turn their hobbies and careers into fame. What about djing? Singing? Etc.

Yessss! I hope the SimGods have heard our prayers and made a Club system-like Fame feature for this EP...or else...I wanna cry :lol:
  • Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    "Rise to stardom as an actor or influencer and navigate the wild turns of wealth and fame. Audition for career-making roles, attend wardrobe fittings, buy a mega mansion & cruise through Del Sol Valley in style."

How do you "cruise" in The Sims 4? Hmmmm?
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    "Rise to stardom as an actor or influencer and navigate the wild turns of wealth and fame. Audition for career-making roles, attend wardrobe fittings, buy a mega mansion & cruise through Del Sol Valley in style."

How do you "cruise" in The Sims 4? Hmmmm?

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16767332#Comment_16767332

heh heh heh