Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Appreciation

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    I haven't played 4 for long, but here is what I really like about the game so far.

CAS, I love how easy it is to adjust and manipulate features on sim. I love that the ethnic choices, it's easier to make ethnic sims without a bunch of CC in case. I love the inclusion of more different hairstyles, I love the braids and the curly hair. The skintones are great. I like having the option of making a female sim behave more masculine. The Sims 4 children no longer look the same, Sims 3.. They all looked the same, I believe it was called "pudding face".

I love the calendar system for holidays, I can make anniversaries, and birthdays! I've spent a lot of time playing with this function.

Toddlers are a big improvement from passed games, I liked the lifestate in previous games but found them to get annoying after a bit. I don't age them up as quickly as I did in previous games.

Sims can take pregnancy tests and breastfeed!

I like that I can easily move between worlds while playing a family, this was something I didn't expect I could do when I started playing.

For once, I absolutely LOVE the apartments! I didn't get the expansion to play them in Sims 2, and in Sims 3.. I just didn't like them.

Being able to choose which season when I start a new game, I really like this feature.

I also like the collections they put in, it gives my Sims something to do when I need a change of pace.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I'm bowled over by the toddlers in this game. I really love GF and I think the devs handled celebrity in just the right way. Adding the quirks was also a fun thing. I feel as if they listened to some of the ideas expressed during ST. My GS has a Stan, for instance. But, before I realized they would be labeled as such, he had a really Obsessed fan that tried to kiss him. He even game him a dip move, way of trying to kiss him. LOL My Sim finally put his hands on the other guy's shoulders and gave him a shove. I wish I had caught a screenshot of that, but it happened and was over too quickly.

I do love how the foliage changes. I normally just grab the ones from build mode to make a house have curb-appeal. They don't need watering and I've yet to see one die, but I have noticed with Seasons that they 'turn' in an off season. Great detail!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    There are a lot of things I love about 4:

CAS is incredible, I love being able to do the fine details, and I like the clothing and hair options.

Build mode is by far the easiest and most detailed one I've used, even though it was missing key stuff for awhile, those were patched in (yay for terrain and pools!) And I always hated roofs in the other games. They were a nightmare, but I find 4's much easier.

Toddlers are great as well. They have a lot of personality and are just so cute! Really an improvement on previous games.

The careers that are active are fun, and I like the work from home option from City living, and the new register with ministry of labor option. A lot of my Sims are self-employed so this is useful.

I really like...I don't know, the lighting I guess? It looks more natural. The depth of the worlds. Like even though 4 is closed world it doesn't feel closed to me unless I'm actually traveling far from the lot. I can see all my neighboring lots and beyond and walk a fair perimeter without traveling, especially in some places of Windenberg. And the worlds are so detailed and beautiful. I LOVE Windenberg and having the empty Newcrest to play with, which I do very often. Brindleton Bay is stunning as well, but I don't have that one...yet 😊

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I like the mermaids and vampires (don't have Get to Work but I assume I'll like aliens), San Myshuno has great apartments, lot traits are fantastic, the game runs super smooth, and it did even during the time when I was obsessed with downloading mods. Sulani is beautiful, and CAS is amazing!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I like that you can visit all the worlds. And I like the set dressing, makes the worlds look really full
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Having jumped from Sims 2 to Sims 4, the graphics bowled me over. I really like the little details like the realistic eye movements of Sims and reflections.
    I also love the freedom of movement between worlds and the amount of choice in CAS (especially the fact that you could make blue, green and red Sims in the base game).
    I also find I am enjoying the life mode of the Sims a lot more because of the unpredictability; as there is nearly always a random amusing thing happening, e.g. your sim might bump into another of your own creation in a bar or pausing the game at random might offer a great opportunity for a funny photo caption.
    Also I like it when townies come strolling by in unusual outfit choices: 1) because this doesn't really happen very often in my game, 2) it makes them more interesting and memorable as characters. The quirkier the outfit, the more I want to find out about them. (Bizarrely, a lot of my townies turn out to be evil). 😆
  • Options
    YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    I love the look of the game!! Especially CAS! And by now Sims 4 is definitely my favourite ❤
  • Options
    ZevanoxZevanox Posts: 30 Member
    I love the art direction and music. I've seen a comment above mentioning the Grim reaper too and I have to agree that he's my favorite in Sims 4 with that hella awesome music when he shows up. There's a lot of stuff that I like, but I'll leave it at that
  • Options
    HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    I love create a Sim, I'm always giving my Sims makeovers and outfit changes and editing townies too to fit my game play.
    Pets! I love the kitties, they r so cute!!
    Creating restaurants/vets and businesses.
    Windenburg
    Throwing events and parties!
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I love that I can have my little families and households, and get attached to them and mold their lives. It's like coming home, and I can fix almost anything to my liking. Nothing is set in stone. I also feel my Sims have a lot of individual personality contrary to some other players' experience. Not sure what it is. The Simverse is my own little world and although my husband doesn't play, he doesn't mind that I share things from the game with him, and they often make him laugh. It's like he knows the game very well through me, but if he plays it himself it somehow loses its charm.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    Overall, I really love the game. I can spend hours in CAS and never get bored. I love seasons and the calendar system. And being the foodie that I am, I love all of the recipes and the food stands. And toddlers are just plain adorable.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    -Being able to travel to other worlds
    -Being able to change aspirations and complete more than 1 per sim
    -How beautiful the worlds look
    -CAS and BB
    -Get Together
    -Brindleton Bay