Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All About The Armstrongs

Comments

• Options
    Se6_123Se6_123 Posts: 31 Member
    Leia looks just like her mom! I think maybe Jolene should come over once a week or month and we should hear more of her story and I think Leia and Josette would both enjoy school, I think.
  • Options
    ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    @OliCait I would love to hear more about Jolene's life, pregnancy, etc...! How were you able to make it so that she is able to be the birth mom but Salim and Kate adopted her. I guess what I am trying to say is how were you able to make it so Jolene gave birth but Salim and Kate adopted her. It is a brilliant idea.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • Options
    OliCaitOliCait Posts: 476 Member
    Se6_123 wrote: »
    Leia looks just like her mom! I think maybe Jolene should come over once a week or month and we should hear more of her story and I think Leia and Josette would both enjoy school, I think.

I absolutely agree that they'll love school as theyre both such well behaved children!!

And yes, I do want to see Jolene around a fair amount but also stay true to open adoption irl, so it's going to be an interesting story to tell!
  • Options
    ccarrig_95 wrote: »
    @OliCait I would love to hear more about Jolene's life, pregnancy, etc...! How were you able to make it so that she is able to be the birth mom but Salim and Kate adopted her. I guess what I am trying to say is how were you able to make it so Jolene gave birth but Salim and Kate adopted her. It is a brilliant idea.

Thank you and I am planning to post Jolene's story soon!
    Unfortunately the Sims doesn't currently facilitate birth and adoption storylines too in depth, so Jolene was created using the genetics in create a sim.
    It would be great if the Sims could facilitate this more, but it's probably not all that common of a storyline so it makes sense that it isn't.
  • Options
    Hey guys! Hope you have all had a fantastic holiday! I have been taking a break due to my computer being broken, and am off to buy a new one today. I will be taking a few days to get it set up and play for fun, and then I'll be back with a few new parts, plus Jolenes story, in the new year!

Thanks for your patience and for reading The Life of Kate Armstrong!

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    Update!

I will be returning to this story this week, with a special episode on Jolene pregnancy before we check back in on the Benali-Armstrongs starting on Monday 7th!

Thanks for being so patient while I took a break, I'm so excited to be coming back and writing again soon!

Make sure you bookmark this story so you see when I post!

Love

OliCait
  • Options
    SPECIAL EPISODE

Hi guys! Welcome back!
    Today, I’m taking you back in time, to explore the birth story of Josette Benali Armstrong, the youngest of the Benali-Armstrong children.

As you know, Josette was adopted by Kate and Salim as a toddler, and we met her birth mother, Jolene, in the previous episode during Josette’s birthday party.

Without further ado, let’s move back in time a little and meet a teenage Jolene Timothy.

iGaUvYJ.png

Jolene lives in Windenburg, with her mother Tina

AFINWpV.png

And her little brother, Clayton.

tEjDR5U.png

She has her dream guy

k67o3kC.png

And she plays guitar in her spare time.

anNEAg8.png

She’s even won awards for her sports participation (though none for having the tidiest rom!)

GcWPtP4.png

Jolene was living the good life, and was happy with every aspect of her life.
    One morning, she woke up feeling sick, and put it down to a bug.

8Hf0D3H.png

But as the days went on, she was still feeling sick and wasn’t eating – something Tina started to pick up on

7qm9n4V.png

She spent the day in bed, but struggled to sleep with her head turning over and over…
    She’s never sick. Even when she had food poisoning she was sick for less than a whole day!

DTHRhPj.png

Once the thought entered her mind, she panicked.
    No, no, no!
    She had to speak to her mother…

StlQeKI.png

At first the words struggled to come out, but once she said them, she felt a surge of relief and regret. Tina didn’t take the news well at first, but soon turned around and realised she had to do whatever she could to support her daughter

PAigNqS.png

I’m here for you, she whispers as she holds her daughter close. We will figure something out.

86beQnJ.png

The next morning Jolene knows she has to tell Lewis… But as the words come out, the support she was expecting didn’t follow

TL9oU99.png

Instead, Lewis was angry, at both of them, for the situation they were in

mdypZ10.png

He can’t do it, he shouts, as he tells her he doesn’t want to see her again

EkPXAFK.png

It’s hard for them both, and Jolene is heartbroken to not have the support she’d hoped for from him

Jolene hides in bed and cries, her relationship over and this huge decision too much for her to handle

I7GWBnX.png

Luckily, she has a wonderful mother who listen to her as she explains every detail of what happened

URsW1uX.png

And holds her as she cries.
    We will figure this out, together, she reminds her.

qf7S49m.png

As the months draw on Jolene is relieved to be off school, as her bump continues to grow, and she is sick all the time
    But while a growing bump should be a happy experience, it just reminds Jolene of how fast time is running out for her to make a decision about what to do.

X0DmTO2.png

Jolene decides to sit down with Tina and discuss the options seriously.

COSUOzW.png

Having done some research, Jolene calls an adoption agency to discuss the situation and ask for advice

FrLtqc1.png

And the next morning, after sleeping on her decision, Jolene and her mother go for coffee and Tina asks her daughter what she’s decided

lmCElUX.png

Jolene talks her mother through her choice

pAZve0b.png

And thanks her for her support

VCe2PAj.png

Back at home, Jolene enjoys some quality time with her little brother, playing chess and talking to him about what will happen when the baby is born

3Rlllai.png

He is very mature about it all, and asks his sister if he can talk to the baby

DXKsPOa.png

To which she happily obliges

xl6UqRp.png

As her due date approaches, Jolene spends some time by the water and thinks over everything that’s happened and what will happen next

wosuiAk.png

And as the sun rises on her due date, she stands watching the sun rise with her bump, and decides there’s one final thing she wants to do

FbKJLwW.png

She finds an empty journal that she bought a while back, and writes a letter to her unborn child, adding a few pictures of her and her family too

juPi3ho.png

And not long after heading to bed, it’s go time!

ldDQ7SM.png

Time to head to the hospital

jGbdiQe.png

And have the baby!

W3wjNtH.png

Tina waits anxiously outside

L9GMurP.png

While her daughter gives birth

aOCJC7C.png

To a little girl!

lUTqwxJ.png

She has a cuddle with her daughter, before she is taken to the nursery

gcMPM4n.png

And Jolene, along with her mother, are taken to an empty room to talk to Macy, the social worker in charge of her adoption case

Swt8Jag.png

She explains that she’s found a family that are looking to adopt a child, and that they fit Jolene’s idea of the kind of family she wants her daughter to go to – two parents, siblings, a big house…

Macy shows Jolene some photos of the family, and it solidifies the decision

DQFjM45.png

Jolene thanks Macy for finding the perfect family for her baby girl, and with the happy consent of the adoptive family, Jolene and her family are allowed to visit and say goodbye to the baby girl.

LQ7AqwD.png

The young, selfless mother says a tearful goodbye to her child, promising to see her soon – she went for an open adoption, meaning she can visit her daughter occasionally.

FL3g2fD.png

And after spending some time alone with the baby girl, Jolene sends her mother in

As she meets her granddaughter and wishes for the perfect life for her

JDAiWsI.png

And finally Clayton says goodbye to his little niece.

MSR4QKr.png

And as we skip forward to current day, we know the happy childhood that Josette has had, and know that she is now a happy child
    And of course, she received a special gift that birthday – the book her birth mother wrote in before she was born. With a letter inside that reads…

8jZyKYn.png

My little girl,
    I can’t wait to give this book to you when you are older and know that you will one day read this.
    I want you to know I love you. I so much wanted to keep you, to raise you, to experience every moment with you.
    But I know the life you deserve is with the family you will be with. And I will get to see you, and get photos of you, and know that you are happy.
    You came into my life so unexpectedly, but you are so loved.
    Have an amazing life my darling. I love you forever.
    Jolene

Woo, anyone else welling up?!

Well, that’s the story of Jolene Timothy, and how her beautiful daughter found her way into the life of our Kate.

Thanks for reading!

XOX OliCait XOX

• Options
    PART 51

Welcome back to the Life of the Benali-Armstrongs! After a short break, we’re back and checking in on our favourite family… A little earlier than planned! I was in the mood to write! <3

before I begin, just to say that some furniture and wall paper has changed because I have not got my cc on my new laptop yet!

It’s Tuesday, Easter for the Benali-Armstrongs.
    While Salim gets up and ready for the day

JtOmZ4g.png

Kate whips up some breakfast

T4BhNf9.png

And the family sit together to eat

AmvJbqG.png

The kids have the day off of school, and Salim expresses that his favourite part of Easter was always looking for the hidden eggs around the house

koMbDFH.png

Which of course sets the family on the course of egg hunting around the house!

sQgLfJq.png

Finding quite a few

TdRzLo6.png

Even Kate and Salim get involved!

lDDYm27.png

dzSq99U.png

With the kids still distracted hunting for eggs (and Salim, too!)

n560FFp.png

Kate heads into the office to work on a new screen play

ROMVGyY.png

Despite the rain outside, Josette heads out to do her homework under the protection of the table umbrella

M0Tnygc.png

Knowing her little sister likes the rain, Leia braves it and joins her outside to do her homework too

QvvQIgw.png

However, Mateo isn’t up for homework today, so he sits inside watching cartoons with Tiddles

JV5sMXM.png

Later, there’s a visitor! The Easter Bunny!

bOZui47.png

The kids enjoy chatting to the bunny for a bit, receiving some flowers and chocolate for their work finding eggs

iSZK3Ps.png

And after sending off her latest two books (she’s really doing amazing on her aspiration to become a bestselling author!)

t5S8gdE.png

The Benali-Armstrongs, The Reeves and The Holidays join together at a local restaurant to celebrate Easter together

yP1NwZJ.png

Leia and the kids sit happily at one table, discussing school, chocolate and all things kid!

GsZmypc.png

While the adults sit at the next table. Kate talks to her friends about Jolene’s recent visit, as well as how their own kids are getting on.

li0shOH.png

Next door in the games room, the boys beeline for the football table

xB7fGPm.png

While the girls sit and play don’t wake the llama

2cMngTR.png

And soon the food arrives, and the three families tuck in!

TEpzS3e.png

Enjoying the food and the company

5kKBKPF.png

But as night draws in, the group head home, bidding each other goodbye

WW4t444.png

Before heading home, Kate and Salim take a moment together on the pier.
    They have been through so much together, they’ve supported each other’s dreams and raised three children together
    They are truly the perfect couple <3

OIIqMy3.png

Back at home, Josette heads to bed, excited for her first day of grade school

q2OctLo.png

And her siblings follow suit, heading to bed soon after

Efoxaov.png

While Kate and Salim get back into their flow and enjoy some woohoo time before heading to sleep too…

yft64d9.png

And that ends another day in the Life of the Benali-Armstrong’s!

What will happen next? Will Josette enjoy her first day of school? Will Leia bump into her ‘friend’ again? What else will happen?

kUmNOyt.png

Find out next time on The Life of the Benali-Armstrong’s!

THANKS FOR READING!

XOX OliCait XOX

WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS LIKE TO SEE NEXT? I WORRY THIS STORY IS BECOMING KINDA BORING OR PREDICTABLE. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME IDEAS IF YOU HAVE ANY!
  • Options
    Hey guys! So, I'm a little concerned that the story is becoming quite repetitive and 'boring'? I want your opinions. If you've read the story or have stopped for whatever reason please tell me what you think, and tell me what you might be interested in seeing in the story? I really want to keep writing it but I feel like if people aren't reading it because it's boring, maybe I can figure out what's missing? Thanks and thanks as always for reading. XOX OliCait XOX
  • Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    I don't think it's boring. I just love to see (well more likely read) how others play their games. You shouldn't have to go out of your way to make it interesting for others, just make the story go wherever your game play preferences are and I'll happily keep reading. If others decide for you where the story might go, you might fall out of touch with it and lose interest in it altogether. I rather have you play how and whatever you like and read your report of it
  • Options
    LadyLana1 wrote: »
    I don't think it's boring. I just love to see (well more likely read) how others play their games. You shouldn't have to go out of your way to make it interesting for others, just make the story go wherever your game play preferences are and I'll happily keep reading. If others decide for you where the story might go, you might fall out of touch with it and lose interest in it altogether. I rather have you play how and whatever you like and read your report of it

That's so sweet! Thanks for your comment! I will keep writing my own way! Thanks for reading and making me feel better about it! <3
  • Options
    PART 52!

It’s Josette’s first day of grade school!
    The kids sit together and eat breakfast, talking to Josette and calming her anxieties about her first day

wxOQPb6.png

And after a quick hug from Mum

8GpSATM.png

Salim takes the kids to school

MboZzV8.png

And Kate gets back to work on her screenplay

BosImsP.png

Nearing the end, Kate decides to take a break and spend some time with Tiddles

eInjdIQ.png

Having a cuddle together on the couch

Tn8BMW7.png

Before writing the perfect ending to her screenplay

CMat5i0.png

In perfect time, as the kids arrive home soon afterwards

OmGKv4S.png

And Rita Delgato, Josette’s new friend from school, comes over for the afternoon

VhujqAX.png

After greeting her daughter’s new friend, Kate heads outside to send off her latest work to her publisher

JgwSOCR.png

Later, Salim returns home, having received a promotion at work! He chose the Journalist branch, deciding that it was more his speed, and even got a new outfit to go with it! Not sure what I think…

F1ChUKq.png

Upstairs, Rita and Josette play with dolls and recap their first day of school

bHmoUUT.png

While Kate congratulated Salim on his promotion, and he congratulates her on publishing her screenplay
    ok honestly, these two are so adorable, I love how supportive they are of each other!

xKhIXV4.png

Salim sits and helps his children with their homework, and gets to know his daughter’s new friend

hY2krmL.png

While Kate gets started on dinner

aBz3yRL.png

And the family sit and eat, discussing all the milestones they seemed to hit today! It was certainly a productive day in the Benali-Armstrong household!

ehV437C.png

Rita heads home after dinner

pDDoqKW.png

And the Benali-Armstrongs head to bed, ready for another day

Scbt361.png

What will happen next? How will Salim and Kate celebrate Valentine’s day? Will Josette make any more friends at school? What else will happen?

Find out next time on the Life of the Benali-Armstrong’s!

khbWV5r.png

THANKS FOR READING!

XOX OliCait XOX
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I agree with @LadyLana1. It’s your story, tell it your way. I’m enjoying it. You play the same way I do. I play families just going about their everyday lives, doing the things families do!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    Destin2016 wrote: »
    I agree with @LadyLana1. It’s your story, tell it your way. I’m enjoying it. You play the same way I do. I play families just going about their everyday lives, doing the things families do!

Thanks! <3
  • Options
    PART 53!

Leia is the first up in the Benali-Armstrong household today, and decides to make breakfast for the family

Rhtfz8K.png

It goes down well, as the family sit and eat together

6CE251h.png

And before long it’s time to head out to work and school

VCOTrAs.png

And time for Kate to have a relaxing bubble bath

rYuSuUs.png

Before heading out to meet Liberty for a lunchtime drink

ABBWhl9.png

The girls chat about their plans for Valentine’s day tomorrow

aAWlkmY.png

Kate says she isn’t sure what they are doing, and Liberty says that she is going out for a romantic dinner with Gavin

FeKgyuR.png

Back at home, the kids are home from school and in the garden playing

5uySNst.png

qZjdOdU.png

And inside, Leia corners her mother to talk… She’s been asked on a date tomorrow night, and wants to know if she’s allowed to go

Wlgkdzv.png

Kate says that she’s totally fine with it, as long as she’s home by curfew and she checks in

qgV9ti8.png

Having thanked her Mum for the talk, Leia enjoys some time bonding with Tiddles

S3XEANW.png

Before joining her family for dinner – Kate tells Salim that Leia is going on a date tomorrow, and he seems okay with it too – thank goodness!

hfYzFuv.png

1lWMecR.png

After dinner the kids sit to do their homework

NYsVzyR.png

While Kate and Salim enjoy a glass of wine in the garden

i9x1Wzs.png

And Salim tells her that he has a special date planned for tomorrow

n4gfr08.png

And refuses to give any hints

oo1Mvz0.png

He tells her that he loves her, and they head inside

uNEGpek.png

Where Salim wants to talk to his daughter…
    He gives her the woohoo talk…

8jOaJZb.png

Which goes… not great

m4Taubf.png

But even with the awkwardness, Leia knows it’s just because her Dad loves her, so she hugs him and assures him she understands

TkjVuZv.png

And as the family head to bed

LlBh28L.png

Salim makes a few last minute phone calls about tomorrow

QmCqfzS.png

And that ends another day! What will happen next? How will Valentine’s day go? What will Salim’s surprise for Kate be? Who is Leia’s date?

Find out the next time on The Life of The Benali-Armstrong’s!

THANKS FOR READING!

XOX OliCait XOX
  • Options
    PART 54!

Happy Valentine’s Day my simmer lovelies!
    Love day has arrived her in Brindleton Bay and the Benali-Armstrong household are ready for a day of romance!

The kids are up first and enjoy some breakfast together

kmAua96.png

Before Leia heads upstairs to get ready for school – she has a date this evening and wants to make sure she impresses today at school!
    Hmm… Too much for school!

lRPmxBu.png

Too casual…

uodjGaL.png

Perfect! So cute!

F72ieEs.png

And as the kids leave for school

bTrSgsX.png

Salim starts his day of romance by waking his wife with a flower

i7MsUgf.png

And they are soon engaging in one of their oldest romantic traditions…

zPFuLud.png

Salim tells his wife how much he loves her and tells her to get ready for a day of romance!

cjuIfpi.png

So, it’s time to try on some outfits…
    Hmm… too casual

ua7uBt9.png

A little too ‘party’

e4ARVcz.png

Perfect! Just the right combo of cute, sexy and romantic!

nFRLBP1.png

Seeing how beautiful his wife looks, Salim can’t help but kiss her

odhVaNk.png

And it’s time to head off to their mystery lunch date!

btuONIz.png

Salim has brought Kate to the restaurant where they had their first date way back when!
    Remember this?

yI9FvbW.png

How time flies! And yet, they are still just as in love as they were back then…

btuONIz.png

Salim has a quiet word with the hostess

jjUGLeU.png

And even arranges for them to sit at their same table again! Awww!

kRTY52a.png

Kate can’t believe the thought Salim has put into their Valentine’s day

ykTq33u.png

And the two recreate their first date by being super cheesy and flirty

VmVoVfA.png

And they sit to eat, they reminisce over everything that’s happened…

aust0ss.png

How they met, how they fell in love, the moments they found out they were having a baby…
    Feels like just yesterday <3

W8zHOgh.png

After dinner, Salim slips away to take a phone call

h3jTdAw.png

Before telling Kate he has another surprise for her

EGBDNP7.png

He brings her to the place they got married, the rooftop in San Myshuno

dB7Bp8l.png

And as they look out over the sunset, Salim hands his wife a gift

P3dJnbr.png

As she opens it, she’s both surprised and confused, as he tells her to put it on, so she heads into the bathroom to put on the dress that Salim brought for her

p6oyJZN.png

Before being surprised by Leia, who comes in to help her with her hair before leading her outside

MlE0yKz.png

sgPZ9v3.png

To see that Salim has recreated their wedding! Even the guests have come! (minus Mortimer Goth - RIP)

c0FVUVw.png

As Kate hugs her daughter, asking her a favour to truly make the day special

YVnXh5p.png

She reminds her that on her wedding day, the two walked down the aisle together

64f5xSS.png

And so, Kate once again walks down the aisle with her daughter

1lyEaep.png

And joins her husband at the wedding arch

D8shGuM.png

To renew their wedding vows

w2Pthcu.png

<3<3<3

ppRLKui.png

Leia congratulates her parents

jsw5kYd.png

And as her father thanks her for staying for the ceremony, he gives her permission to head off to her own date

6Sroh4o.png

She arrives at the restaurant and waits anxiously for her date to arrive

AO5b0fs.png

And he soon arrives – you may remember him from an earlier episode (wow, ALOT throwbacks in this episode!)

9qAYtFq.png

To remind you, her date is Harry (Harold Muse), her long-time friend from school

PsfLvbc.png

Back to present day, Leia and Harry eat and talk, getting to know each other better and doing a little flirting….

Oemm7lT.png

And ever the gentleman, Harry offers to take Leia home, ensuring he gets her there before curfew!
    Salim is certainly going to like him!

RbvBGPX.png

But he is certainly not meeting him yet, as Leia says goodbye to her date at the door

7MkPHOp.png

With an innocent hug shared between them

Qf7UQFD.png

As Leia heads inside and gets into bed, heart light after her date. I think she really likes him! <3<3

nYokvBW.png

And that’s all for this Valentine’s edition! We’ve had a few throwbacks, and a lot of romance!

What will happen next? Will Leia continue seeing Harry? Will Salim EVER be able to top today’s romance? And how will he feel about his birthday (aging into an Elder in the morning! WOW!)

04fAzbW.png

Find out next time on The Life of The Benali-Armstrong’s

THANKS FOR READING!

XOX OliCait XOX
  • Options
    SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    edited January 2019
    OliCait wrote: »
    Hey guys! So, I'm a little concerned that the story is becoming quite repetitive and 'boring'? I want your opinions. If you've read the story or have stopped for whatever reason please tell me what you think, and tell me what you might be interested in seeing in the story? I really want to keep writing it but I feel like if people aren't reading it because it's boring, maybe I can figure out what's missing? Thanks and thanks as always for reading. XOX OliCait XOX
    Personally I don't mind the calm life, it's not always necessary to have drama. And it's also interesting to see another person's take on the game (and how they see and use the premades). The main part in all of this is that you like what you're doing and writing about. :smile:

* From my experiences of reading legacy stories etc there seems to be a point in a generation when there aren't much developments and life in a family just slowly passes along. You're just waiting for kids to age up (and may be curious to see how they will change and how they will look like in their new lifestage) en for the parents to progress in their career. So perhaps you're at such a point now. There are a couple of things you can do: you can just go along with this and wait untill things do change (probably in a couple of days). Another option is to set things up for later developments (like friends or love interests for the kids or looking for future careers/hobbies and joining clubs etc) or to compose a side story (like you did with Jolene's mother). Or have a bit of extra focus on one member of the family on a day (and perhaps go out of the house and let him/her do things and meet people) and swich between members every new day.

And here's a small suggestion/idea for a side story under the spoiler-tag: :smile:
    Since Salim is a journalist, maybe you can connect this to Josettes dad (and find out how he's doing). Maybe Salim can do a research on him or he can just stumble along the guy while writing/researching for an article about something/someone else?

And regarding repetitiveness: I don't know if you've considered using a work from home mod ? There are a couple of ones for base game careers, and the writer career is one of them. http://modthesims.info/d/592944/writer-work-from-home.html Instead of going to the 'rabbit hole' work everyday, varying daily work tasks (and having to go to different places) could freshen things a bit up perhaps? :smile:
    Post edited by Sassie on
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • Options
    Sassie wrote: »
    OliCait wrote: »
    Personally I don't mind the calm life, it's not always necessary to have drama. And it's also interesting to see another person's take on the game (and how they see and use the premades). The main part in all of this is that you like what you're doing and writing about. :smile:

* From my experiences of reading legacy stories etc there seems to be a point in a generation when there aren't much developments and life in a family just slowly passes along. You're just waiting for kids to age up (and may be curious to see how they will change and how they will look like in their new lifestage) en for the parents to progress in their career. So perhaps you're at such a point now. There are a couple of things you can do: you can just go along with this and wait untill things do change (probably in a couple of days). Another option is to set things up for later developments (like friends or love interests for the kids or looking for future careers/hobbies and joining clubs etc) or to compose a side story (like you did with Jolene's mother). Or have a bit of extra focus on one member of the family on a day (and perhaps go out of the house and let him/her do things and meet people) and swich between members every new day.

And here's a small suggestion/idea for a side story under the spoiler-tag: :smile:
    Since Salim is a journalist, maybe you can connect this to Josettes dad (and find out how he's doing). Maybe Salim can do a research on him or he can just stumble along the guy while writing/researching for an article about something/someone else?

And regarding repetitiveness: I don't know if you've considered using a work from home mod ? There are a couple of ones for base game careers, and the writer career is one of them. http://modthesims.info/d/592944/writer-work-from-home.html Instead of going to the 'rabbit hole' work everyday, varying daily work tasks (and having to go to different places) could freshen things a bit up perhaps? :smile:

It's so interesting you say that as I was toying with a similar idea. Thank you for the idea, I think I will try and do something similar in upcoming parts!

Thanks for your reply it means a lot to hear people are liking my writing. I'm just having do much fun with this family even if it is just going about daily life!
  • Options
    PART 55!

Welcome back! Before I start I want to say a big thank you to those of you who commented over the last week, assuring me that you’re enjoying the story! I’m certainly having fun writing it, but it’s always great to be reassured!
    I want to specifically thank @Sassie for your mod suggestion – I have installed it and Salim will now be able to work from home in his new journalist job! Thank you! <3

It’s Salim’s birthday! He wakes up happily and is greeted by a birthday cake as he blows them out and ages up to an elder

1tbTgjl.png

His wife wishes him a happy birthday

JtjODhy.png

And then his kids

msneG00.png

MnkIGmT.png

J1sfI87.png

Before his family show him his birthday present – a newly renovated office!
    Now that Salim is an elder, he wants to work from home more in order to be with his family more, before retiring in a few weeks

y1c3svm.png

With a new computer desk and a more comfortable chair, as well as his children’s artwork, some leads of journalism articles he’s writing, and a clock…

rSjowmw.png

Kate has a new chair and desk toom and there’s a new bookshelf and sofa for them to sit and read their books

XkxOkbi.png

wggSDr0.png

Finally, Salim has a few new outfits to suit his new older age and journalism career
    Looking good, Salim!

flNev9i.png

YCJZxV8.png

t2MdbTJ.png

Kate asks his husband how he wants to spend his birthday, and he decides he wants to head to the park and spend the afternoon with his family, so the family head out!

RWFIJTj.png

Josette runs into Winter, and heads over to the monkey bars to play

l5NYGXW.png

While Kate and Leia cloud gaze

oo5usoO.png

And Salim takes his son to do a spot of fishing

ZOI94bQ.png

The kids head over to play together after Mateo has finished fishing

jnJEgej.png

While Salim whips up some burgers

Y672BeA.png

And the family sit down together to enjoy their food

E2Or66n.png

Before heading off for a family walk

qtTOlj7.png

They pass by the local pool, and decide to stop by and have a swim for the rest of the afternoon

PagIsmI.png

They have fun swimming around and jumping off the diving board

vuNDrQ6.png

Even Salim has a go at diving

Iqn3xDu.png

And splashes around with his kids for a while

ZCK3yPN.png

And as the sun sets

lklukeZ.png

The Benali-Armstrong’s head home

r84fAAz.png

And sit down to watch a little TV

gGer6U1.png

While Kate has her own fun cleaning up!
    Well, Kate is one of a kind!

W3dSsgd.png

Salim spends some one-on-one time with his kids

eG4I4g0.png

HaFUwkv.png

y8ONNjG.png

Before the youngest head to bed

IIWKLIm.png

vIM86C9.png

Kate and Salim decide to let Leia stay up with them and enjoy a glass of wine with her parents

xHNs3Sx.png

Before heading to bed

qByYypz.png

And Kate and Salim enjoy their own birthday celebration

tkF1tL7.png

Ending another day in The Life of The Benali-Armstrong’s!

What will happen next? How will Kate’s birthday go tomorrow? What else will happen?

djSCsZS.png

Find out next time on The Life of The Benali-Armstrong’s!

THANKS FOR READING!

XOX OliCait XOX
  • Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    Oi they are (almost) both elders already! That sure went fast! Eek
  • Options
    PART 56!

It’s the morning of Kate Armstrong’s birthday, and Leia is woken up early by Tiddles

tn0weN3.png

And she heads downstairs to whip up a birthday cake for Kate – in her favourite colour, blue

P9ltzmV.png

While Salim makes a few phone calls

LyN4quF.png

And Mateo does a good job of keeping his Mum distracted upstairs

RPzgoMM.png

After finishing the cake, Leia whips up some pancakes

31tuelS.png

And Kate enjoys a birthday breakfast with her family

S4KQCsa.png

She talks about her plans for the day – she’s going out for drinks at lunchtime with Summer and Liberty

W2gmgoj.png

As she heads off to clean up, Salim and the kids talk about their own plans for Kate’s birthday

vQLPSPL.png

Leia isn’t feeling great – she’s scratchy and has a rash! ☹

mW6SGxU.png

So, she heads upstairs to take an oatmeal bath

7xEt6uC.png

Meanwhile, Kate is feeling inspired on a new book, writing a fantasy book this time!

hCsA1o9.png

Leia is feeling better after her bath, and joins her Mother in the office and plays with Tiddles for a while

P1VnjkC.png

Salim even cleans the house for Kate – for anyone who knows Salim, we know that’s hugely romantic!

30okwgJ.png

So, Kate has time to have a bubble bath

kTPONTC.png

Before getting ready to go out

iW6vlET.png

She greets her friends, both of whom have aged up to elders already! How time flies!

dNqw9SV.png

ZBdiUVO.png

And the three head to a bar, where they meet up with Jolene. Kate decided to invite her to her birthday drinks, which she happily accepts.
    I’m so happy these two have such a good relationship!

GsJxtkM.png

At the bar, Kate orders drinks as she introduces Jolene to her best friends

PRsPK7H.png

And the four of them drink a few simsmopolitans (sp?)

ZAh7MiS.png

Go Kate! It’s your birthday after all!

MW48s1L.png

Liberty seems to be getting on well with Jolene, as the two talk about Josette and the family as well as getting some updates on Jolene’s life

6vHv4z8.png

Back at home, the family have been hard at work preparing a little party for Kate

6A8x1sy.png

Which she is happily surprised with as she arrives home to a chorus of “SURPRISE!”

BBs0FiO.png

Jolene greets Josette happily with a hug

GvjPzJZ.png

And kisses her husband, thanking him for the amazing surprise

GFyAQCb.png

And after eating some barbeque (which my computer decided to delete my screenshots of! ☹)
    Kate blows out her birthday candles

hS48MRd.png

Officially aging up to an elder!

HkKlgdv.png

Elsewhere at the party, Leia and Harry are happily enjoying the swing set, still getting on well. Their date was a success and the two are moving into official dating territory…

tvex39M.png

Salim officially introduces himself to Jolene, and the two start chatting

Ol4PoMf.png

Jolene tells Salim a little more about her life, and he is very interested

He tells her that he is a journalist, and asks her if she’d consider letting him write a piece on teen pregnancy and adoption from the perspective of her as a birth parent and himself as an adoptive parent – what a unique opportunity!

PREhWi4.png

Jolene says she will think about it but seems generally happy with the idea!

qyiodSP.png

As she bid him goodbye

wQ4GS3U.png

As well as thanking Kate for inviting her to spend the evening with her family

yZHQGJl.png

She tells her how much it means to be feel like a part of her daughter’s family, and Kate assures her that she IS a part of the family

gIzKMiq.png

And after a special goodbye with Josette, it’s time for the last of the guests to head home!

7IKuzZ3.png

Upstairs, Leia is already texting Harry
    he only left an hour ago, Leia!

VjupixS.png

And soon the pair are on the phone

R8PwQGz.png

But there’s school tomorrow, Leia’s last week of school before graduating and becoming an adult! So it’s time for bed for the family!

oup4956.png

And that was another day in the life of Kate, Salim and their family! Kate and Salim are officially elders, and their children are growing up fast!

Yp1LWFO.png

What will happen next? How will Leia’s last week of school go? Will Salim begin his piece on adoption? How many more books with Kate finish? (she’s currently earning 1,500 roughly in royalties a day – woah!)

XEArMAk.png

Find out next time on The Life of the Benali-Armstrong’s!

THANKS FOR READING!

XOX OliCait XOX
  • Options
    Hey guys! Now the next few parts are up, I have a question! Now that Salim and Kate are elders we are having to sadly prepare for the inevitable when they pass away (though hopefully a long way away yet!). However, when it happens, we are posed with a decision - who do we follow next? My original thought was Leia, because she is the oldest, but I don't want to totally ignore Mateo and Josette's stories either. Perhaps having Leia as the main focus, with updates on the others as and when they are important? Well, if you have a preference do let me know! Thanks! <3<3 XOX OliCait XOX
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Been following this story and I agree that Leia should be followed next as she's the oldest. You can also do updates on the younger two as needed.
  • Options
    LadyLana1 wrote: »
    Oi they are (almost) both elders already! That sure went fast! Eek

Right! I almost want to stop because I dont think I can handle what comes next! :(
  • Options
    Been following this story and I agree that Leia should be followed next as she's the oldest. You can also do updates on the younger two as needed.

Thanks for your comment. I think that is what I will do! Thanks for reading <3