Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ANOTHER EXPANSION PACK this year!

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
Edit: Changed the title from "ANOTHER EXPANSION PACK this year?" to "ANOTHER EXPANSION PACK this year!" since there is new information

Do you think the future release that the studio is so busy on working right now is a SECOND EXPANSION PACK IN 2018?

And what do you think the new "fun free stuff" will be?
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Is the October date in sync with the other "holiday" releases we've had, including Diwali? If so, it could be more cultural stuff for celebrations. I would like this.

I can't speculate on GP or EP, either are very likely (and welcomed) by me.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I hope the free stuff will be more cultural items. That would be pretty cool. As for what type of pack will be released by the end of the year, anything could happen. This version of the Sims hasn't really followed a pattern like the previous ones. It will be fun to find out.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I would hope so, but it's probably a gamepack. I believe we're overdue for another one.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I would hope so, but it's probably a gamepack. I believe we're overdue for another one.

Maybe they worked on another EP simultaneously when developing Seasons. They also shifted the whole team a bit, remember SimGuruGraham is on the Expansion Pack team now and they hired new developers as well.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Fun Free stuff.

Without more context, those words aren't even worth speculating on.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I think another expansion pack is possible. The big one's pets ,and seasons . Have been released . So having more expansion packs is possible?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Do you think the future release that the studio is so busy on working right now is a SECOND EXPANSION PACK IN 2018?

And what do you think the new "fun free stuff" will be?

Most likely a Gamepack.
  • Options
    simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    From a business point of view, a GP or EP for October/November is a must to catch the holiday sales. Sims games always had a major-ish release coming up to christmas.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Hopefully it isn't more Halloween stuff. We already had an entire pack dedicated to that.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Hopefully it's updated babies.
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    Here's hoping for a witch themed gamepack or a university EP (tbh I'll be happy with just about anything)
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I want the old classics, but I also want something new, something engaging that will make me want to play nonstop, and something I can’t play a sims game without, much like seasons.

That’s not too much to ask, right? :lol:
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Modsey wrote: »
    Here's hoping for a witch themed gamepack or a university EP (tbh I'll be happy with just about anything)
    No witches Grant said.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I want the old classics, but I also want something new, something engaging that will make me want to play nonstop, and something I can’t play a sims game without, much like seasons.

I want a new concept next. I need a pack like Get Together, Into The Future etc.

Not those themes obviously, but just something new for the franchise.

We’ve had 3 EPs back to back now of content that is literally inspired by previous games.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »

It's not too much to ask. Asking is the easy part. I should know, I've been asking for an updated remake of both Superstar and Makin' Magic for a couple of years now. With three or so years left, It could happen, I hope.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I want a pack on Amusement Parks.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Hopefully it isn't more Halloween stuff. We already had an entire pack dedicated to that.
    I think there might be a Witches Game Pack coming around Halloween. It fits with Halloween and witches are a feature many players want.
    We’ve had 3 EPs back to back now of content that is literally inspired by previous games.
    And those 3 have been the best EPs of Sims 4 so far. :)

a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Some time ago SimGuruGrant was talking about they were planning on adding something that is close to what we call "Storry Progression", but not exactly how we knew it. Maybe thats the free august content.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The next pack has got to be a game pack Ninja is getting way to antsy for it not to be. But I still expect a expansion before Christmas no way did they completely stop stuff packs to also miss out on the biggest chance of sales with a expansion.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Why does no one consider a SP? The last one was in March. I really hope for a GP or EP because I don't care about SP at all, but it could be just as likely.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2018
    We'll get halloweenish stuff whenever we get a super-natrual pack - like when we got Vampires, a lot of spooky stuff came with that.

I hope for a supernaural pack, but they're a bit vague. I'm not sure of the order either we'll get them - just because people want Witches a lot, doesn't mean we'll get them. After all, give a man a loaf of bread and he'll stay for a day... promise him bread tomorrow and he'll come back tomorrow.

I'm hoping for a Sorcery pack - like, it wouldn't mean people would be born as witches, like vampires are born, but you could learn all kinds of magic or maybe even send your kid to a magic school so that when they star aging they're all ready to learn, and anybody could effectively become a witch or wizard. It would set things in stead for future magical packs.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What ever is coming this year will probably be at least a GP or EP due to Black Friday shopping and getting something out for then.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The next pack has got to be a game pack Ninja is getting way to antsy for it not to be. But I still expect a expansion before Christmas no way did they completely stop stuff packs to also miss out on the biggest chance of sales with a expansion.

There done with stuff packs ?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

There done with stuff packs ?

Probably not. They said they were shifting things around and were focusing on larger packs. There were at least 3 stuff packs released a year, we may only see one or two a year now. We don’t know.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    *Holds up glass* Well here's hoping to Preteens, or Burglars, Firemen, Cars, Education Gamepack or University Expansion pack. *Gulps shot*